Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2017, 11:42 AM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 24 days ago)

36,128 posts, read 18,424,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
At most she should be ordered to complete an anger management course chosen and paid for by the courts......and no criminal record which could impede her holding employment in the future.

Her actions were done in the heat of the moment and counseling could help her to learn to think about possible consequences before acting irrationally in the future.

That is the only punishment I would be willing to vote for.
That ship has sailed, Annie, before this incident of rage last week,.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2017, 11:48 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,127,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
That ship has sailed, Annie, before this incident of rage last week,.

If she is going to be judged on all of her past actions, so should the thief.

After all, who knows, the next time the thief may grab a purse from an old lady in a parking lot, knock her down and crack her skull.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:49 AM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 24 days ago)

Quote:
If she is going to be judged on all of her past actions, so should the thief.

After all, who knows, the next time the thief may grab a purse from an old lady in a parking lot, knock her down and crack her skull.
ABSOLUTELY he should be judged for his past actions.

What else is there - ever - to judge anyone by?

Old 07-03-2017, 11:50 AM

744 posts, read 485,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
She needs to be locked up for a long time. Looks like that baby will be without a mommy for awhile.
No, she doesn't need to be locked up for a long time. She needs a good slap on the wrist and to be let go. She only reacted to someone stealing her purse.

I'd give her an award before I threw her in jail.

The thief needs to be hit with a 2x4.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:50 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,750,692 times
Quote:
I agree. There are plenty of media accounts of brave folks standing up for themselves and protecting their property/loved ones while standing down criminals.

Best to pass on her as an example of heroism, IMHO.
Exactly.

I remember a story years ago of a guy who tried to rob an older woman and a couple of ladies came to her aid. The guy was screaming to the cops "get the ladies off me".

Quote:
At most she should be ordered to complete an anger management course chosen and paid for by the courts......and no criminal record which could impede her holding employment in the future.

Her actions were done in the heat of the moment and counseling could help her to learn to think about possible consequences before acting irrationally in the future.

That is the only punishment I would be willing to vote for.
She already has a criminal record.

I guess to use your logic the guy who shot and killled the 18 year old woman in PA because she cut him off, was just acting in the heat of the moment?

You see, you don't get a pass just because you can't control your temper.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Exactly.

I remember a story years ago of a guy who tried to rob an older woman and a couple of ladies came to her aid. The guy was screaming to the cops "get the ladies off me".

She already has a criminal record.

I guess to use your logic the guy who shot and killled the 18 year old woman in PA because she cut him off, was just acting in the heat of the moment?

You see, you don't get a pass just because you can't control your temper.

Difference is, that girl was not committing a crime against him.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
ABSOLUTELY he should be judged for his past actions.

What else is there - ever - to judge anyone by?

Except sometimes they are not allowed to bring up past actions in court.

Disclaimer: I learned that on TV.

Old 07-03-2017, 12:01 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,750,692 times
Quote:
Difference is, that girl was not committing a crime against him.
Sorry, not going to fly.

He dropped the purse, you scream bloody murder(there were people around) "That SOB tried to take my purse", he was on foot, call the cops he isn't going to get very far without a car.

What you don't do is get in your vehicle, and race through a parking lot(with pedestrians you're putting at risk) and run him over.

Old 07-03-2017, 12:23 PM

Here's the deal - everyone likes to see the underdog win, myself included. It's thrilling to see someone who appeared to be helpless defend themselves and win against the person who was victimizing them. Everybody likes that story.

This isn't that story. This is a woman who is a danger to the public trying to run over someone who is also a danger to the public.

And in doing that, she put all those people in the parking lot at risk.

Old 07-03-2017, 12:26 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,956,107 times
Quote:
Except sometimes they are not allowed to bring up past actions in court.

Disclaimer: I learned that on TV.
If you read the sentencing guidelines I posted, they can use prior crimes to give her more time.

Thanks to those who posted more back ground on this lady. The best I could come up with was she went into fight or flight, but the interview with her was "I am not going to let him get away with that" and "it isn't fair" is not fight or flight. That is premeditated in my opinion. And seeing the video showed a complete lack of concern for anyone who might have been in the area...and yes, you don't have to hurt someone to be charged with reckless driving or some other crimes.

I hope people intervene to help the baby because this lady is unhinged, not a super hero crime fighter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events