Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2017, 09:52 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times

Advertisements

I'd vote - Not Guilty at her trial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2017, 10:26 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,581,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Our laws don't say you can't pursue a criminal with your vehicle. That's what she did. Accidents happen. Had it not been for HIS actions, nothing would have happened to him.
well traffic laws do say your not supposed to jump the median barrier in your suv.

Old 07-03-2017, 10:43 AM

3,307 posts, read 8,566,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
If you need to exaggerate to make your point, maybe your point is weak.

She didn't kill him, she didn't even say she tried to kill him. She isn't charged with trying to kill him. She tried to stop him, and she did... with minor injuries.
First off, I'm not saying the purse thief was a good guy, but you can't just run someone over with a car when they actively pose no threat to you. She has a severe lack of judgment in this matter. What else is she capable of if she would go as far as rev her car up and run over the guy at what looks to be at least 20mph+? Not only could she have killed this scumbag, but she could have killed or injured other bystanders in the parking lot.

I agree with a previous poster who likened it to shooting someone in the back after they stole your purse/wallet. That's against the law and you can't do that and get away with a self-defense claim. Her car was a deadly weapon and she used it against someone that posed no active physical threat to her, just because she was mad. She needs to be held accountable for her actions.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:33 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,481,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
She's got a criminal record with two charges of "communicating a threat", one of "damage to private property" and some other undisclosed criminal court case stemming from something that happened a couple months ago.

As well as veiled threats on social media, "oh you can call the cops but I'll be beating your *$$ until they show up".

Enough. She's dangerous, as most can observe by watching this reckless behavior of trying to run someone over in a public parking lot.

I know some people are good with killing purse snatchers, but the next time she flies into a rage it could be over some unintended traffic mistake and she'll completely fly off the handle and attempt murder over that, too. Or some person perceived to make a disparaging remark about her baby, and all hell breaks loose.

How about providing some links with your statements,,, not that they mean anything in this case. You've mentioned "veiled threats"... "criminal record"..."She damaged property"... "a history of... something"... "she's dangerous".... "she flies into rages" ... "attempted murder".... "all hell breaking loose should someone say something bad about her baby".

You're quite the judge, jury and executioner, aren't you. And you've provided us with not one bit of proof. Typical.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:35 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,656,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
She's got a criminal record with two charges of "communicating a threat", one of "damage to private property" and some other undisclosed criminal court case stemming from something that happened a couple months ago.

As well as veiled threats on social media, "oh you can call the cops but I'll be beating your *$$ until they show up".

Enough. She's dangerous, as most can observe by watching this reckless behavior of trying to run someone over in a public parking lot.

I know some people are good with killing purse snatchers, but the next time she flies into a rage it could be over some unintended traffic mistake and she'll completely fly off the handle and attempt murder over that, too. Or some person perceived to make a disparaging remark about her baby, and all hell breaks loose.
Yes she does, and apparently a problem with crystal meth.

This wasn't some "soccer mom" who lost it over a purse almost being snatched.

For all those who think she is some big hero, she's a loose cannon with a drug problem and a crimiinal record. Not someone you would invite in your home or babysit your kids.

Many of us of fed up with crime and criminals getting a slap on the wrist, and we like to hear stories where the "good guys" win.

But this woman isn't the "poster girl" for that.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:36 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 14 days ago)

35,652 posts, read 18,006,664 times
Quote:
How about providing some links with your statements,,, not that they mean anything in this case. You've mentioned "veiled threats"... "criminal record"..."She damaged property"... "a history of... something"... "she's dangerous".... "she flies into rages" ... "attempted murder".... "all hell breaking loose should someone say something bad about her baby".

You're quite the judge, jury and executioner, aren't you. And you've provided us with not one bit of proof. Typical.
I don't think I can actually post the link to a criminal background search on here, can I? If you want to check out her criminal history, you probably have to pay for it yourself or are already subscribed to a service like that - like I am. Because of my status working with a volunteer service.

And anyone can google her social media accounts. Takes about a minute.

And I posted everything I knew - there were no details except for the charges listed, and the date they were resolved. And in one case, the identity of the victim/witness.

So let me ask, for those who view her as a hero. Would you like to have her marry one of your sons and be the mother of your grandbaby? Honestly?

Old 07-03-2017, 11:36 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,656,797 times
Quote:

How about you do your own research? Maybe if you had said "please" it would have been provided.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:38 AM

14,527 posts, read 12,155,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterboy526 View Post
First off, I'm not saying the purse thief was a good guy, but you can't just run someone over with a car when they actively pose no threat to you. She has a severe lack of judgment in this matter. What else is she capable of if she would go as far as rev her car up and run over the guy at what looks to be at least 20mph+? Not only could she have killed this scumbag, but she could have killed or injured other bystanders in the parking lot.
True enough, good friends might have advised her not to chase him, but a jury may well end up showing her some sympathy. She didn't pick him at random to run over, he was stealing from her.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:38 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,061,581 times
At most she should be ordered to complete an anger management course chosen and paid for by the courts......and no criminal record which could impede her holding employment in the future.

Her actions were done in the heat of the moment and counseling could help her to learn to think about possible consequences before acting irrationally in the future.

That is the only punishment I would be willing to vote for.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:41 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 14 days ago)

35,652 posts, read 18,006,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Yes she does, and apparently a problem with crystal meth.

This wasn't some "soccer mom" who lost it over a purse almost being snatched.

For all those who think she is some big hero, she's a loose cannon with a drug problem and a crimiinal record. Not someone you would invite in your home or babysit your kids.

Many of us of fed up with crime and criminals getting a slap on the wrist, and we like to hear stories where the "good guys" win.

But this woman isn't the "poster girl" for that
I agree. There are plenty of media accounts of brave folks standing up for themselves and protecting their property/loved ones while standing down criminals.

Best to pass on her as an example of heroism, IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events