Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 07:14 AM

5,790 posts, read 3,595,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Normal "People" don't get enjoyment from animal cruelty. Animal abusers are five times more likely to commit violent crimes against people. The FBI has analyzed the lives of serial killers and their findings suggest that most serial killers have killed or tortured animals as children.
And I'll bet even a higher proportion of animals abusers are outright bullies. The penalties for the latter are not nearly as severe as for the former. I'd not be surprised if bullying is a gateway behavior to animal abuse.

Play a mental game I call "place your bets". In your own mind, imagine you have a fairly large sum of money and, based on certain individuals behavior, bet in your mind out of a group of five people who is more likely to do (or not) X. The person with the highest likelihood, even if very low, is the one you have to watch more closely than the others.

Old 08-09-2017, 07:24 AM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
*shrug*, the show is known for taking a bunch of stupid young people with little or no morals or intelligence that look reasonably attractive.

Add drugs, alcohol and then just start filming the train-wreck.

They often quietly lose cast members to *issues* here and there but the show just keeps rolling along.

Old 08-09-2017, 07:56 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
*shrug*, the show is known for taking a bunch of stupid young people with little or no morals or intelligence that look reasonably attractive.

Add drugs, alcohol and then just start filming the train-wreck.

They often quietly lose cast members to *issues* here and there but the show just keeps rolling along.
I highly doubt that anyone commenting here cares about what happens with the show. Actually, scratch that, I'd love to see it pulled off the air all together. The abuse of animals did not occur on MTV's cameras. The abuse occurred on one of the cast member's boats and on his friends boats over the years prior (and likely since) MTV ever came onto the scene. One of the men was under investigation as early as 2015 but his rich and powerful parents helped ensure that the investigation never went anywhere.

The photographic evidence of abuse (that these morons posted on their own social media accounts)includes dragging a live shark behind a speed boat until it dies and becomes a shredded mangled mess. Using a dog that one of them supposedly found (dead or alive?) for shark bait. Catching and killing endangered species. Capturing a bull shark and putting it in the family swimming pool. Shooting cats from the balcony of one's mansion. Slitting a hammerhead sharks throat and shooting another one with a gun. Shooting at a dolphin in the water. Manhandling water fowl, etc. Using a fish as a beer bong, feeding a small dog via a beer bong, feeding a manatee with a hose (who knows what is in the hose but this in and of itself is illegal), pouring beer into a fish's mouth. Other female cast mates were photographed on the "star's" boat covered in blood with the caption, "rippin lips".

It's all truly and utterly disgusting. People who abuse animals are much more likely to abuse people. I find it deplorable and disgusting.

Last edited by MissTerri; 08-09-2017 at 08:52 AM..

Old 08-09-2017, 08:04 AM

Apparently the state will be filing charges against Michael Wenzel, the captain of the boat in the shark dragging incident. Hoping that charges are also filed against Alex Kompothecras as he has quite a bit of photographic abuse evidence against him as well. Both are sons of wealthy, connected and powerful parents so hoping that does not deter the state from moving forward.

Old 08-09-2017, 08:05 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,046,768 times
Did the event actually instigate more animal abuse, or is it the case of instant media coverage exposing situations we normally wouldn't have even known about?

Old 08-09-2017, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Did the event actually instigate more animal abuse, or is it the case of instant media coverage exposing situations we normally wouldn't have even known about?
The incidents were posted on the individual's social media accounts like Instagram. They have shared photos of themselves abusing animals for years. Wenzel was investigated back in 2015 but the investigation came to a halt after witnesses refused to cooperate with authorities and the parents hired lawyers for their son.

The shark video is older but came to light (again) when the perps shared it on a popular angler's social media page and that angler spoke up about how disgusting it was. These incidents have been going on for years and the perps have been public abut it, at least in the sense that they have shared at least some of the evidence on their own social media pages.

The fact that one of the perps is now the "star" of this MTV show has probably helped draw more attention to the incidents as people are also speaking out against MTV for continuing to promote these criminals.

Last edited by MissTerri; 08-09-2017 at 08:23 AM..

Old 08-09-2017, 08:22 AM

19,824 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
This has been going on for a while. These guys have been protected but the shark incident has brought past abuses to light. It won't go away quietly this time.

Old 08-09-2017, 10:37 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,046,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
This has been going on for a while. These guys have been protected but the shark incident has brought past abuses to light. It won't go away quietly this time.
That's correct! It's just that social media now makes it possible to be viewed by millions; maybe those who are animal abusers enjoy the limelight.

Old 08-09-2017, 06:02 PM

1,548 posts, read 912,527 times
LOL that was awesome.

Old 08-09-2017, 06:14 PM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I highly doubt that anyone commenting here cares about what happens with the show. Actually, scratch that, I'd love to see it pulled off the air all together. The abuse of animals did not occur on MTV's cameras. The abuse occurred on one of the cast member's boats and on his friends boats over the years prior (and likely since) MTV ever came onto the scene. One of the men was under investigation as early as 2015 but his rich and powerful parents helped ensure that the investigation never went anywhere.

The photographic evidence of abuse (that these morons posted on their own social media accounts)includes dragging a live shark behind a speed boat until it dies and becomes a shredded mangled mess. Using a dog that one of them supposedly found (dead or alive?) for shark bait. Catching and killing endangered species. Capturing a bull shark and putting it in the family swimming pool. Shooting cats from the balcony of one's mansion. Slitting a hammerhead sharks throat and shooting another one with a gun. Shooting at a dolphin in the water. Manhandling water fowl, etc. Using a fish as a beer bong, feeding a small dog via a beer bong, feeding a manatee with a hose (who knows what is in the hose but this in and of itself is illegal), pouring beer into a fish's mouth. Other female cast mates were photographed on the "star's" boat covered in blood with the caption, "rippin lips".

It's all truly and utterly disgusting. People who abuse animals are much more likely to abuse people. I find it deplorable and disgusting.
I really didn't need you to go all guttenberg on that post, but thanks. Tbh, I honestly can't trust all of these claims given your past posting record so I'll look for a legitimate source.

P.S. Re: Shooting cats, they're a huge scourge on native songbirds and a host of other wildlife etc. so actually feral or roaming cats are pretty much as bad or worse than the people you're complaining about here. If you're a roaming cat owner I really can't consider you much better than this guy. Fortunately in my neighborhood the coyotes and bobcat cleared them out. All depends upon how you look at a situation and which animals you *favor* eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events