Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 07:41 PM

135 posts, read 94,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I will never understand how people can get their entertainment and kicks from doing things like this. I think someone has to have a pretty sick mental state to enjoy things like this.
Didn't the Romans use to attack giraffes in the Coliseum? Who the heck attacks a giraffe?

This will never end.

Old 08-09-2017, 09:20 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,735,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I really didn't need you to go all guttenberg on that post, but thanks. Tbh, I honestly can't trust all of these claims given your past posting record so I'll look for a legitimate source.

P.S. Re: Shooting cats, they're a huge scourge on native songbirds and a host of other wildlife etc. so actually feral or roaming cats are pretty much as bad or worse than the people you're complaining about here. If you're a roaming cat owner I really can't consider you much better than this guy. Fortunately in my neighborhood the coyotes and bobcat cleared them out. All depends upon how you look at a situation and which animals you *favor* eh?
Feel free to put me on ignore if you'd rather not read my posts.

Shooting cats from the balcony of one's home is illegal in Florida. Your personal justification has no bearing on that.

Old 08-10-2017, 03:24 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,254,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
A recent video surfaced showing a live shark being dragged to death behind a speed boat off the coast of Sarasota Florida. The occupants are heard laughing and one say's, "he's almost dead". The video is tied to at least one cast member of MTV's new reality show, "Siesta Key".

Since this video has surfaced, more photos and videos of animal abuse from this same group have come up. One shows the star of this new show shooting a hammerhead shark, posing with a shark with it's throat slit, one person carrying a dead dog that they plan to use for shark bait, pouring beer into the gills of a fish and watching it die. Just to name a few. Totally outrageous and totally disgusting! I hope these losers get prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and I hope MTV cancels this show.

More videos surface as investigators probe shooting and dragging of sharks - Sun Sentinel
https://www.facebook.com/cancelsiestakeymtv/
Another bad story.

Old 08-10-2017, 02:52 PM

581 posts, read 456,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanker-yanker View Post
Didn't the Romans use to attack giraffes in the Coliseum? Who the heck attacks a giraffe?

This will never end.
Giraffes, elephants and pretty much any other animal on four legs.

Old 08-12-2017, 09:36 AM

22,327 posts, read 29,411,685 times
Quote:
I really didn't need you to go all guttenberg on that post, but thanks. Tbh, I honestly can't trust all of these claims given your past posting record so I'll look for a legitimate source.

P.S. Re: Shooting cats, they're a huge scourge on native songbirds and a host of other wildlife etc. so actually feral or roaming cats are pretty much as bad or worse than the people you're complaining about here. If you're a roaming cat owner I really can't consider you much better than this guy. Fortunately in my neighborhood the coyotes and bobcat cleared them out. All depends upon how you look at a situation and which animals you *favor* eh?

Do not even come on here and promote the shooting of feral cats. You need serious help.

Old 08-12-2017, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Do not even come on here and promote the shooting of feral cats. You need serious help.

And not just feral cats, domesticated cats who are allowed to go outside.

The man who brags about killing them is photographed shooting at them with a bow and arrow from the second floor balcony of his 30,000 square foot beach mansion.

He's doing it for fun. And it's sick.

The following article is not connected to this person but is about a cat found with an arrow stuck in his head. It's very cruel to shoot at cats with a bow and arrow.

http://wsvn.com/news/local/cat-eutha...n-miami-beach/

Quote:
Doctors said the arrow penetrated behind one of the cat’s eyes and came out his mouth. “I’ve never seen anything like this,” said Dr. Rachael Johnson, a veterinarian at the hospital.
“No animal should suffer the pain he suffered,” said Anderson.
Quote:
Doctors euthanized Strush due to the severity of his injuries.
Quote:
“I think one of the important things about it is, not only the animal suffering, but also the concern about the individuals that are doing this to animals, that they’re dangerous people,” said Dr. Rachael Johnson, a veterinarian at VCA Alton Road.
“This is the most horrendous crime I’ve ever seen committed on an animal in those nine years,” said Anderson.

Last edited by MissTerri; 08-12-2017 at 10:12 AM..

Old 08-13-2017, 01:42 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Feel free to put me on ignore if you'd rather not read my posts.

Shooting cats from the balcony of one's home is illegal in Florida. Your personal justification has no bearing on that.
Explaining why they're BOTH bad is not justifying one sides behavior.

Old 08-13-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Actually I'm promoting the fact that owners of cats that are allowed to roam and massacre the local birds, rabbits, squirrels, lizards and so forth are as bad as the jerk that shot feral cats.

I'm sorry that you and others do not recognize those actions for what they are and are blind to the fact that you're not being responsible pet owners.

The shooter is an active animal killer, the cat owners are passive animal killers.

Hope that helps you understand better that I support NEITHER scenario....but wow, cat owners get really touchy when you point out to them what "Mr. Snuggles" is doing outside. Heck, I can't tell you how many cat owners just love to share stories about the latest dead critter their cat brought home.

Old 08-13-2017, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanker-yanker View Post

This will never end.
Well it's gotten a lot better because if we were still that bad instead of Monday night football we'd be instead watching gladiatorial games and if you think slaughtering giraffes was bad that's nothing compared to the REALLY bad stuff the Romans did.

For example, warning: really bad stuff....

Spoiler
They had various animals trained to rape people, including one old slave woman that was killed by a giraffe that way...not to mention the others killed during training. There's worse but I'm not going to put it in here. Ugh.

Old 08-13-2017, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Actually I'm promoting the fact that owners of cats that are allowed to roam and massacre the local birds, rabbits, squirrels, lizards and so forth are as bad as the jerk that shot feral cats.

I'm sorry that you and others do not recognize those actions for what they are and are blind to the fact that you're not being responsible pet owners.

The shooter is an active animal killer, the cat owners are passive animal killers.

Hope that helps you understand better that I support NEITHER scenario....but wow, cat owners get really touchy when you point out to them what "Mr. Snuggles" is doing outside. Heck, I can't tell you how many cat owners just love to share stories about the latest dead critter their cat brought home.
There's no comparison between a person who lets their cats go outside and a person who shoots cats from one's balcony with a bow and arrow for fun. It also doesn't take a cat owner to understand that there is huge difference between the two scenarios and types of people.

Signed,
A responsible dog owner.

P.S. I don't have cats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events