Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 11:33 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,409,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisertime View Post
It's happened in hotels too. Remember Erin Andrews?
That's not what happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2017, 12:44 AM

939 posts, read 791,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
...There was video surveillance in every room of the office that I saw (except maybe the bathroom)...
I heard of a studio head that had a visible camera (probably with motion detector) pointing outwards from a vent in his BR, focused directly at the doorway only (nothing kinky), only to see who walked inside and dared to use it.

Speaking of which, there are some corps who have (had) cameras pointed at the exterior part of the BR door, just to see how many times employees (need to) go inside per day, and just how many days in a row this "need" persists, as everyone can have a couple of days in a row wher they need to go more than usual every now and then.

Now that some companies require employee IDs to be worn at all times, location tracking is a lot easier.

Last edited by noregon98; 10-13-2017 at 12:58 AM..

Old 10-13-2017, 05:32 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,667,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway365 View Post
When I worked for one of the major hotel chains, I received an email one day from my regional manager to inform us that they were finding hidden cameras in some of the hotels we had. One of them looked exactly like an alarm clock, another was a fire sprinkler with the tiniest hole that was the camera. You'd never know that difference.
Just imagine how small cameras will be in 5 yrs or so!! Eventually they are going to be so small the human eye wont be able to see it.

Old 10-13-2017, 07:49 AM

5,989 posts, read 6,807,042 times
Anyone who videotapes me and my spouse in a hotel or airbnb deserves what they see!!!!

Old 10-13-2017, 08:01 AM

19,718 posts, read 16,897,649 times
We had the same thing happen locally a few years ago. Guy rented out a house on Ft Myers Beach and a renter spotted a camera. They found more than one when the authorities investigated, and they arrested the creepy landlord.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:57 AM

7,685 posts, read 5,556,899 times
This motel owner watched couples having sex for 29 years:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ears/82740372/

Old 10-13-2017, 09:38 AM

24,612 posts, read 17,356,422 times
On a recent trip with my wife we stayed at several places and at one I noticed there was a bit of black tape over the smoke detector. I thought someone did it to cover the little light that sometimes flashes but maybe they were paranoid about a possible spy camera?

I do sweep hotel rooms for oddities when we first arrive because you will never know what you might find.

Old 10-13-2017, 10:35 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,134,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I would have guessed the charge to be recording someone without their consent/ knowledge..?

Doesnt seem like 'Voyeurism' is that serious of a charge?/
In many states, it's a Felony. Here's a compilation of laws by state:

http://www.ndaa.org/pdf/voyeurism_statutes_mar_09.pdf

Here in Colorado; it's only a class 2 Misdemeanor! Screw that; I'd want money.

Can't figure out if I'd be better off charging per Screen Actors Guild standards (starting at $800+ per day) or ASP (adult services provider/high-end hooker) local rates ($300/hr).

I'm leaning towards hooker scale vs actor scale though because based on a solid 8 hour "night"? That's $2,400.

Who cares if I slept soundly in my flannel granny-nightgown for 8 hours, snoring like a jack-hammer & you got ... nothing? That's not MY fault; you pay a hooker for their TIME ... because paying for an act is, you know; illegal. Although ...

If audio was included? SAG says I can make more money. And if shower footage is included, or if I did something interesting aka marketable? There are royalties & residuals to consider. Hmm.

Old 10-13-2017, 10:51 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,142,080 times
he should have been all; "oh, so that's where I left that camera, I've been looking everywhere for it"

Old 10-14-2017, 05:42 AM

1,047 posts, read 730,206 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Years ago while staying at a very upscale hotel on business. I happened to look toward the adjoining room door and saw what could only be described as the optic end of an endoscope. As I slowly walked toward the door, kinda ignoring the "snake", it was slowly pulled back into the room.

I kept on walking out he door and to the front desk. They called the police. we went up to the room and the guy had an old school VHS recorder with hours of video of naked women, couples doing what couples do and men and women doing what men and women do when alone in a hotel room.

He used an endoscope under the door like I saw and also through wall vents.

Think what he could have done with today's technology
Wow, this is intense. I'm glad you got police involved. That would give women ptsd for life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events