Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 05:13 PM

894 posts, read 586,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Don't parents usually put a 3-year old to bed? There was never a point at which her mind said, "Oops, it's time to put little Timmy to bed"?

I wondered about that stuff as well.

A 3-year-old requires a lot of attention.

How did she not notice that the house was quieter than usual and that she had a lot more free time than usual?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2017, 05:27 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,778,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Parents should know where young children are and who they are with at all times. This woman is a grade A moron. Didn't realize he was missing and fell asleep? She might have been drinking, or zonked out on drugs. Unbelievable.
Bollox.

All of our kids at various times in preschool went and stayed with Grammy and Grampy or Aunt Pammy we never knew exactly where they were during that time. They also often stayed with their local "adopted" grandparents. Who took them various places. We did not know where they were. There is nothing wrong with trusting someone that you trust.

Old 10-15-2017, 05:30 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,342,342 times
It's a bad week to be a 3 year old.

Old 10-15-2017, 05:35 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,778,724 times
She could well have been anticipating someone was going to bring kiddo home with them. She fell asleep watching a movie while waiting for them. Woke up and found they had not arrived. Completely plausible. My wife would not have been capable of falling asleep until they got home but I can certainly see someone falling asleep while waiting, especially if she had been drinking. Heck, I fell asleep waiting for my daughter to come out of the airport after helping Grandpa get checked in and wheeled to his gate while I was sitting at the departures curbside line. I got a bit freaked out but then looked at the car sitting next to me and the driver was asleep. Sleep happens.

I do remember a time we flew in to visit my parents some years ago. They had to bring two cars to pick us up (bigish family). Grandma took the twins for ice cream on the way home (they were 4 or 5) and we all fell asleep before she arrived home. They had a great time with Grandma and we got some much needed sleep. Hardly the end of the world. Had she left them in the ice cream shop we certainly would have been miffed, but to call someone a moron with such little knowledge or any understanding of what parenting is like is well. . .

Old 10-15-2017, 05:51 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,931,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Police: 3-Year-Old Left at Utah Corn Maze; Mom Realized the Next Day | WNEP.com

Sgt. Joe Monson told the New York Daily News that the boy and his mother went to the maze with a big group of people and somehow became separated. When they got home, the mother didn't realize her son was missing and ended up falling asleep while watching a movie, Monson said. She later went to bed, still without realizing that the boy wasn't home, according to police.

His mother called police at about 7:45 a.m. Tuesday after noticing that her son was missing.
I hope they throw the book at this stupid *****.

Old 10-15-2017, 07:11 PM

88,527 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckWife518 View Post
I wondered about that stuff as well.

A 3-year-old requires a lot of attention.

How did she not notice that the house was quieter than usual and that she had a lot more free time than usual?
In a house with multiple families, it might not have been quieter, and in a situation where you are used to sister-wives helping to raise your kids, the free-time thing might not have been different.

Old 10-15-2017, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP2C View Post
The neglected kid has two biological parents; they are both responsible for him.
Of course. But in reality, it isn't just two parents and junior. It's multiple wives and multiple juniors and maybe one of the other mothers has been watching your 3-year-old for the past few days and you assumed she still had him. And dad has LOTS of kids to keep track of, apparently.

Old 10-15-2017, 07:19 PM

2,264 posts, read 1,482,740 times
Corn Maize?

Old 10-16-2017, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
Corn Maize?
That's redundant!

They should call it a Maize Maze.

Old 10-16-2017, 06:47 AM

21,463 posts, read 10,566,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Parents should know where young children are and who they are with at all times. This woman is a grade A moron. Didn't realize he was missing and fell asleep? She might have been drinking, or zonked out on drugs. Unbelievable.
Drugs is my guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events