Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 07:45 PM

344 posts, read 245,743 times

Advertisements

Incredible that no one stood up to help but decided to record the incident instead. When are we going to stop protecting minors? Publish their names! The bully should be charged with attempted murder and thrown in jail.

Ridgewood Teen's Skull Fractured Defending Girl In Cyber-Bullying Incident | Ridgewood Daily Voice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2017, 07:40 AM

6,394 posts, read 4,125,832 times
Bullies come in all ages and sizes. One of my engineers likes to yell at his subordinates. After several attempts at trying to get him to treat his people with more respect, I put him on night shift traffic safety (aka call in to report if there's any incident at night on project site), thus effectively removing him from interaction with the workers. The sad thing now is after the project ends he will just go to another project site and bully other workers.

Work and daily life is already stressful enough for everybody. Bullies just add more unnecessary stress.

Back in school, I had a few bullies myself. They taunted me, beat me up, etc. Last year, I went back to my home town to visit my parents. On the way, my mom called me and asked me to pick up something at the grocery store for her. I stopped by a grocery store and spotted a couple of those former bullies working there. Gave me a sense of satisfaction as I've been making 6 figures for years in a managerial position while these guys were stuck in a dead-end minimum wage job.

No offense to any grocery store worker out there.

Old 11-04-2017, 07:52 AM

24,571 posts, read 17,321,260 times
What is it with these teens today that have so much anger? It seems to be all or nothing with them and they lack coping skills. There are too many that are cyber bullied and commit suicide. They can't seem to look past the misery of today when they are being bullied and foresee a future that is not that far off when they are not bullied.

I think we can partly blame movies where so many that are aimed at teens have an all or nothing message that often leads to someones death. These kids were raised with movies such as "the hunger games" and the "twilight" series where teens fight and kill each other.
Couple this all or nothing mentality with a lack of coping skills and I'm surprised that we don't have more bullies that beat their prey like this poor kid in the article was.

The bully needs to be taught a lesson before he actually does kill someone and from that last text he sent it sounds like he still has much to learn.

Old 11-04-2017, 08:40 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,473,049 times
More incredible is that the criminal who attacked this kid (after already beating him up once before), cracked his skull, broke his face so that he requires reconstructive surgery and may lose sight in one eye, then taunted him on social media by stating '0 for 2 should I finish you off?' - is still walking free among us. I'm outraged by the lack of justice in our so called just society. An animal who does this level of damage to another human being should be caged and observed for the rest of its natural life. The parents should be neutered.

Old 11-04-2017, 09:16 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,577,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
More incredible is that the criminal who attacked this kid (after already beating him up once before), cracked his skull, broke his face so that he requires reconstructive surgery and may lose sight in one eye, then taunted him on social media by stating '0 for 2 should I finish you off?' - is still walking free among us. I'm outraged by the lack of justice in our so called just society. An animal who does this level of damage to another human being should be caged and observed for the rest of its natural life. The parents should be neutered.
Totally agree. He needs to be in jail and if I were the parents of the Victim ~ I would not rest until he was.

Old 11-04-2017, 09:26 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 22 days ago)

35,707 posts, read 18,065,864 times
Lord. The superintendent. I'm not usually a fan of outside public pressure but really.

Casper Milktoast here needs to spit the marbles out of his mouth and take a stand.

Those responsible need to be charged with whatever crime is appropriate - attempted murder, felony assault, aiding and abetting a felony, etc.

idgewood.dailyvoice.com/schools/ridgewood-schools-chief-blasts-violent-bullying-incident-snapchat-posts/726043/

Old 11-04-2017, 09:34 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,908,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBuenaVida View Post
Incredible that no one stood up to help but decided to record the incident instead. When are we going to stop protecting minors? Publish their names! The bully should be charged with attempted murder and thrown in jail.

Ridgewood Teen's Skull Fractured Defending Girl In Cyber-Bullying Incident | Ridgewood Daily Voice
This mentality is why we continue to have so much trouble with bullies. Its like we are focusing on teaching women how not to be raped. We need to put resources on working with identified bullies to manage and change their behavior. Not just shame them or treat them like they cant be changed or even helped. Narcissism, if that is the culprit, is an emotional scar. Now some people are so badly narcissistic you cant break through it. But many people you can teach empathy. We should include helping "bullies" learn empathy and heal as part of the anti-bullying campaign we have going on.

Old 11-04-2017, 09:38 AM

12,883 posts, read 14,024,432 times
The common denominator often seems to be social media with bullying nowadays. Kids are immature and impulsive to begin with, add social media, with its accessibility and propensity to spread any info like wildfire, and you have a disaster for bullying scenarios.

Old 11-04-2017, 10:35 AM

52,765 posts, read 34,663,914 times
dang. someone should be going to jail over this.

"While in the hospital, my nephew received another Snapchat from the bully saying something like.... 'You're 0 for 2. How about we meet again so I can finish you off,'" Jason Krause wrote."

Old 11-04-2017, 11:46 AM

24,571 posts, read 17,321,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
dang. someone should be going to jail over this.

"While in the hospital, my nephew received another Snapchat from the bully saying something like.... 'You're 0 for 2. How about we meet again so I can finish you off,'" Jason Krause wrote."

Where is the remorse ?

It is one thing to get in a fight and throw a few punches until one of the combatants goes down but this sounds like the kid was beaten to a pulp while on the ground.
A human would have a bit of remorse when the other person didn't get up and then required an ambulance.

We are talking a school yard brawl over something that was said to a girl. We are not talking about someone who just did something terrible like trying to kill someone we love, molesting or raping a loved one.

Where did all the anger that the bully had come from? I agree with other postings that this kid should not be allowed to walk among us.

What is wrong with kids that constantly tell others that they should kill themselves?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events