Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2017, 11:59 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,522,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBuenaVida View Post
Incredible that no one stood up to help but decided to record the incident instead. When are we going to stop protecting minors? Publish their names! The bully should be charged with attempted murder and thrown in jail.

Ridgewood Teen's Skull Fractured Defending Girl In Cyber-Bullying Incident | Ridgewood Daily Voice
The only good thing about someone recording instead of stepping in is can be used as evidence of what happened. I can understand in this case where the other kids might have been afraid to step in. This bully is clearly a crazy person and no one wanted to deal with him. He needs to be locked up. His subsequent threats to the boy in the hospital are very scary. The bully is a dangerous person who needs to be removed from Society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2017, 03:48 PM

138 posts, read 115,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBuenaVida View Post
Publish their names!
So they can hypocritically be cyberbullied? No reason that an unrelated person to the incident needs to know their name if they are a minor.

There is no reason to publish their names. The law will take care of it.

Old 11-04-2017, 03:52 PM

1,491 posts, read 380,626 times
So, so sad

Old 11-04-2017, 05:06 PM

35,846 posts, read 18,173,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Where is the remorse ?

It is one thing to get in a fight and throw a few punches until one of the combatants goes down but this sounds like the kid was beaten to a pulp while on the ground.
A human would have a bit of remorse when the other person didn't get up and then required an ambulance.

We are talking a school yard brawl over something that was said to a girl. We are not talking about someone who just did something terrible like trying to kill someone we love, molesting or raping a loved one.

Where did all the anger that the bully had come from? I agree with other postings that this kid should not be allowed to walk among us.

What is wrong with kids that constantly tell others that they should kill themselves?
It appears from facebook pages (so not necessarily reliable) that this thing started when the victim confronted the assailant with sharing nude photos of a girl. In anger, the victim broke the assailant's chromebook in half.

Then the fight started.

It also appears from comments that if the fight weren't caught on camera, people would hardly be able to believe the assailant did this - his reputation is apparently a very good one.

Interesting to see where this goes.

Old 11-04-2017, 05:28 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,045,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha830 View Post
So they can hypocritically be cyberbullied? No reason that an unrelated person to the incident needs to know their name if they are a minor.

There is no reason to publish their names. The law will take care of it.

Doesn't appear like it will. Cyberbullying isn;t cool either, and I'd never do that to a minor, BUT if tough guy is so big and bad, I'm sure he could handle some cyber trashtalk, seeing how he is such the badazz.
I can;t see sticking up for someone like that, but we can agree to disagree on that.

All I know is that if my loved one gets hurt by a bully, Irreversible fire extinguisher treatment to the bullies parents, for sure

Old 11-04-2017, 06:35 PM

138 posts, read 115,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Doesn't appear like it will. Cyberbullying isn;t cool either, and I'd never do that to a minor, BUT if tough guy is so big and bad, I'm sure he could handle some cyber trashtalk, seeing how he is such the badazz.
I can;t see sticking up for someone like that, but we can agree to disagree on that.

All I know is that if my loved one gets hurt by a bully, Irreversible fire extinguisher treatment to the bullies parents, for sure
From his peers, fine, absolutely. As well as anyone affected by his actions. From 40+ year old internet warriors, no. Laws to protect minors are needed in cases like this. As far as the crime is concerned, I see no reason to believe that authorities are not on track to provide just punishment, and maybe the victim's family will sue. I hope they do.

But the internet warriors who want a name of a minor desperately are mostly cyberbullies themselves.

Old 11-04-2017, 08:58 PM

430 posts, read 338,048 times
These kids generally grow up to be the customers every retail person hates. The ones with a strong sense of entitlement and feel, and in most cases know, they can get away with ****. It's sickening and one days, someones gonna get killed.

In these cases, the student who bullied (or attempted murder in this case) will most likely get a 'I'm disappointed in you' comment and politely asked to not do it again. And when you, the victim, finally snap you're the one facing suspension and expulsion. So many bullies know they can get away with just about anything and the bullied know they'll be the ones facing punishment, so it's a lose-lose for them unfortunately.

And I'm saying this as someone heavily bullied until 10th grade, where I finally completely snapped and actually threw a computer monitor at my bullies face. It missed him and I was almost expelled. They tried to say it was out of hatred due to his sexuality (gay), but my dad laughed and asked if they forgot, or even knew, I was bisexual. Now it's just a lot of unrelated anger issues I could have handled better, so I got suspended and the bully was treated like a child. This guy literally tried to shove me down two flights of stairs and a flight of concrete stairs AND metal bleachers AND into traffic while walking towards my bus on more than one occasion, but I guess it's fine cause I didn't die right?

Old 11-05-2017, 07:26 AM

2,508 posts, read 2,513,098 times
I'm familiar with that town and I'm not surprised at this story. At all.

Old 11-05-2017, 07:37 AM

10,601 posts, read 4,124,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
dang. someone should be going to jail over this.

"While in the hospital, my nephew received another Snapchat from the bully saying something like.... 'You're 0 for 2. How about we meet again so I can finish you off,'" Jason Krause wrote."
That right there is a threat, and admitting to the criminal act. I say maybe it's time the feds step in, because this is not a kid anymore, but a psychopath walking around and will be killing next, since he has no value for human life.

Old 11-05-2017, 07:46 AM

10,601 posts, read 4,124,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It appears from facebook pages (so not necessarily reliable) that this thing started when the victim confronted the assailant with sharing nude photos of a girl. In anger, the victim broke the assailant's chromebook in half.

Then the fight started.

It also appears from comments that if the fight weren't caught on camera, people would hardly be able to believe the assailant did this - his reputation is apparently a very good one.

Interesting to see where this goes.
If the girl is under 17, that is another law broken (federal law at that). It is unlawful to possess nude photos of underage kids , regardless how old you are. I've seen 16 year old girls use nude photos of their friends as blackmail, go to prison and be charged with a felony and be registered as a sex pedophilia offender because they possessed pictures of naked underage people on their phones or computers. Parents who have pictures of their babies naked are breaking federal law, and that is often an innocent case, so imagine the punishment that can happen with this teen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events