Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 04:18 PM

1,973 posts, read 1,938,423 times

Advertisements

Twenty-one students at a New York college were charged with hazing pledges to the Pi Alpha Nu fraternity by forcing them to drink large quantities of alcohol and other liquids, making them eat food off the floor and vomiting on them.

State University of New York at Plattsburgh authorities say campus police were told Sept. 29 that pledges to the Pi Alpha Nu fraternity had been subjected to demeaning and abusive behavior that included being hit on the buttocks with a paddle.

After that, SUNY Plattsburgh suspended the activities of the fraternity, while the university police conducted a joint investigation with the Plattsburgh City Police and worked with the Clinton County District Attorney’s office in bringing charges.

University officials say the charges include hazing in the first degree, criminal nuisance in the second degree and unlawfully dealing with a child, which pertains to providing alcohol to people under 21.

University police say the abuse happened off-campus in February and September. Six former Plattsburgh students are also expected to be charged.

21 NY college students charged with hazing frat pledges with alcohol, vomit, urine | Fox News

Old 11-02-2017, 04:46 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,741,790 times
So wait, It's no longer normal for US university freshmen to get drunk, puke and do multiple other stupid things even when they are not part of a fraternity??

Old 11-02-2017, 04:51 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times
Why is it we keep reading of these morons in frats involved with stupid stunts that kill people?

I know this has been debated to death, but frats serve no purpose but only good for narcissists and people who lack self esteem, just so they can be a part of something they think is so cool and stuff.

Frats are worthless and serve absolutely zero purpose for anyone. I made it through life just fine without joining one of these dumb organizations, thank you.

Old 11-02-2017, 04:57 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,076,440 times
If someone told me I had to be vomited on to join their frat I would tell them to keep their greek letters

Old 11-03-2017, 05:52 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
So wait, It's no longer normal for US university freshmen to get drunk, puke and do multiple other stupid things even when they are not part of a fraternity??
Does that little word "forced" mean anything to you?

Hazing can kill, and it should not be allowed in any form.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:16 AM

16,554 posts, read 10,621,516 times
I never once had the least bit of desire to join a fraternity when I was in college. I never even wanted to attend any of their parties, and in fact made it through all four years without ever once seeing the inside of a frat house. Stories like this reinforce the notion that I made the right decision.

Old 11-03-2017, 08:46 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,741,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post

Did anyone die?? No. If we drill down far enough, it'll all come down to some Helicopter Mother who lodged the complaint.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:15 AM

4,212 posts, read 3,758,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post

Pledging in a fraternity is optional. Hazing is one of the requirements if you choose to pledge. If you choose to pledge you must do certain things (aka forced) or you will not be allowed to join. No one forced these kids to do anything they weren't willing to partake in. I was never in a frat but I have friends that were and believe me, this story is nothing.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Did anyone die?? No. If we drill down far enough, it'll all come down to some Helicopter Mother who lodged the complaint.
Not in this story, but it has happened, and if you don't believe me, you have been living under a rock.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post

Pledging in a fraternity is optional. Hazing is one of the requirements if you choose to pledge. If you choose to pledge you must do certain things (aka forced) or you will not be allowed to join. No one forced these kids to do anything they weren't willing to partake in. I was never in a frat but I have friends that were and believe me, this story is nothing.
Hazing is not limited to fraternities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events