Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 11:39 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times

Advertisements

Here is a series of articles detailing the various people who called DCFS and the sheriff's office. To the right of this article is a list of related articles.

The takeaway is Gabriel was raised by his mother's parents until he was 7, in Oct. 2012. His mother got custody back in order to file for welfare benefits, according to Grandpa, who was trying the whole time to regain his rights to the child. So the first 7 years of his life were wonderful with Grandma and Grandpa. In other articles, the teacher testifies the numerous times she called CPS, and a security guard at a public welfare office called 911 to report this same child, and gave his address and mother's name. Other family members were calling and believed the grandparents were in the process of getting Gabriel back. In all 60 separate reports of abuse were made between Oct. 2012 and April 2013, the date of his death, to CPS and the sheriff's office.

I'm changing my mind on whether CPS and the sheriff's office is responsible. When a security guard in the welfare office calls 911 to report an abused child, that should get top priority attention coupled with the fact that his teacher had also called numerous times.

The two surviving siblings, Ezekial and Virginia, have been awarded $2 million from a lawsuit against the school district and the Sheriff's department.

Palmdale abuse case: Mother's defense seeks hearing on her IQ | abc7.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2017, 11:43 AM

10,114 posts, read 19,409,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetiteGem View Post
I couldn't click to read further, I just hope that justice will be served, they are pure evil. Prayers to his siblings and hope that they will get into treatment so they do not continue this cycle of abuse.
I couldn't finish reading it, either

Old 11-16-2017, 01:51 PM

4,577 posts, read 5,667,145 times
Times like this, I wish the punishment would fit the crime, so that someone could beat the s**t out of that man, kick him until all his ribs were broken, take a baseball bat to him, shoot him with a BB gun, choke him, make him eat cat litter and his own feces, starve him, and then take his head and slam it up against the wall until he died. The teacher that had reported numerous instances of abuse said that the child was obviously familiar with drug tools, commenting that something looked like "a bong", and pretending to snort lines of cocaine from a table, as well as having behavioral issues.

A person that would do this to a child is not human. I don't care what went wrong in his life -- he is an inhuman monster, and as such, I have no problem with seeing him dying by the most painful, extended method possible. Unfortunately, if he gets the death penalty, he'll be sitting on appeals for the next 20 years, and by the time they get rid of him, Gabriel would have had his 30th birthday. The child was betrayed on so many levels . . . and since the impetus for the attacks was that they did it because they were "afraid" he was gay, doesn't that turn it into a hate crime, too?

Everyone in CPS connected with this case was fired, but I'm not so sure that there shouldn't be an element of criminal negligence. I can't even begin to imagine the mental condition of the kid's siblings, who were 10 and 12 when Gabriel died, who were threatened with similar treatment if they told anyone what was happening to Gabriel.

Old 11-16-2017, 02:59 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,157,761 times
May his own conscience be his worst enemy--- in time, oh yea, I'm calling that out-- he will be his own worst judge

Old 11-16-2017, 03:03 PM

1,122 posts, read 962,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
What some lawyers will do is downright disgusting and makes my blood boil-- so the defense tried to claim that although they don't dispute their client the defendant did commit that crime , they acknowledge he did do those things to Gabriel BUT boo -hoo he cried (crocodile tears perhaps??) in a taped interview when he was arrested and that means he didn't mean for Gabriel to die.

So they tried to claim that since the pos cried some during an interview when he was arrested ( crocodile tears anyone? Or maybe crying he knows he's gonna go down?? Or crying for the camera??) in any case that his tears mean he didn't mean for the child to die, he only beat, tortured, stuffed a rag in his mouth, made him eat vomit and cat feces, that's all-- but he didn't mean for him to die so they're bs is that means he wasn't guilty of torture and shouldn't get the dp

Now he might be crying REAL tears (probably I'm sure for himself)

Btw so predictable both defendants turned on each other claiming they didn't do it he other one did

I wept so hard yesterday for close to an hour when I read this, and later again ... I am a very peaceful person and have never had any inclination to violence but seeing Gabriel's sweetheart nature, oh my god, I went in my garage and smashed and broke a couple items - made.my.blood.boil. And I wish I could be there when the Judge reads the judgement of dp, I wish I could be there and yell out "pos" in the courtroom and a few other things that would result in me being removed from the courtroom. Arrgh! Ok I had a moment...
You are not alone. I think all of us are just disgusted... Children pay the price and there are some people in this world who should not have kids. I am sorry but his torture had nothing to do with being gay. Those two were just EVIL and he was probably one of those children that loved unconditionally and was taken advantage of. The husband/boyfriend whatever he was no doubt was probably just a macho SOB and the man and woman deserve to go to hell...they are psycho. No doubt had a bad upbringing themselves but you know what? I did not have the best childhood due to a father who was drunk a lot but the 5 of us kids turned out to be good human beings who respect others and the RULE OF LAW.

Old 11-16-2017, 03:32 PM

Mother's IQ is a bunch of poo poo. As they stated- she knew how to work the system. Got her son after being away from him for 7 yrs and wanting him just for welfare benefits. Death penalty!!!!

Old 11-16-2017, 03:50 PM

Oh and that Darlene Starr (the blonde) who was retired from CPS stated nothing should happen to the CPS workers is such bull manure. Really Darlene? Bad judgement you say? How about they dropped the ball completely and as a result little Gabriel died at that hands of the very people he should have trusted. Starr feels they are all innocent. I wanted to punch her for even saying the CPS workers used bad judgement and for being so cocky when saying it. Yes, I am angry...

Old 11-16-2017, 08:06 PM

973 posts, read 915,539 times
Bring them half an inch to death, nurse them back to health, and then do it over. Rinse and repeat.

Old 11-16-2017, 09:04 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffypoopoo View Post
Bring them half an inch to death, nurse them back to health, and then do it over. Rinse and repeat.
Nope. Someone great (I hope it wasn't Indira Ghandi, who it turns out wasn't that great at all) said we don't do cruel and unusual punishment. Not because of what it does to them, because of what it does to us.

So yeah. I don't want to mete out cruel punishment . .. because we're better than that.

Old 11-17-2017, 12:26 AM

199 posts, read 217,613 times
I want them to get sentenced to life in prison. It's A LOT worse than the death penalty, believe me. When you get death penalty, you are peacefully put to sleep but when they put you in a cell for life, you'll have a lifetime to have nightmares, regret, cry, feel horror and suffer day after day with no hope of ever getting out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events