Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 06:06 AM

3,069 posts, read 5,027,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

But another part just wants these sorts of people gone.
I just want them gone. I get that solitary is worse, and really, just a mild form of torture, but I'm not interested in retribution. Just put them down and move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2017, 07:25 AM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 16 days ago)

36,054 posts, read 18,331,497 times
The penalty phase began yesterday.

In cases like this, there is always so much "collateral damage". The cousin, the first responders . . .

I think also the jury will be forever affected by having to bear witness to this horror.

Palmdale abuse case: Attorneys make cases for, against death penalty | abc7.com

Old 12-02-2017, 01:05 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,167,073 times
Sat in yesterday and Thursday for part of the day...just so so sad. Wanted to be a presence there in support of Gabriel which is what he needed a lot more of when alive- support. I almost didn't go bc it's so upsetting and makes me sick but thinking if he went through that I can bite the bullet for a few hours and show support for him.
I have my gut feeling on what they'll decide but will keep it to myself as I'm sure others might have a different feeling.
He's toast either way. And I think some people wouldn't mind losing their job or going to jail for this one exception. A complete inhuman monster to do what he did
RIP Gabriel...

Old 12-04-2017, 02:10 AM

2,087 posts, read 1,624,206 times
I don't care if the monster boyfriend and the apparently complicit mother thought the kid was gay, straight, or possessed by the devil, you don't torture a little boy to death (or anyone). I have no interest in torturing these two individuals, just give them the death penalty or lock them up for the rest of their miserable lives. I just hope there weren't any other children in the home.

Old 12-04-2017, 10:27 AM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 16 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
Sat in yesterday and Thursday for part of the day...just so so sad. Wanted to be a presence there in support of Gabriel which is what he needed a lot more of when alive- support. I almost didn't go bc it's so upsetting and makes me sick but thinking if he went through that I can bite the bullet for a few hours and show support for him.
I have my gut feeling on what they'll decide but will keep it to myself as I'm sure others might have a different feeling.
He's toast either way. And I think some people wouldn't mind losing their job or going to jail for this one exception. A complete inhuman monster to do what he did
RIP Gabriel...
Monday, do you know what's going on today? Is the defense still presenting witnesses?

Old 12-04-2017, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Monday, do you know what's going on today? Is the defense still presenting witnesses?
Clara,

Friday wrapped up the defense portion calling their witnesses, few and far between.. today started the orosecution calling their witnesses making their case to the jury for a death sentence. The Judge said he is putting out there probably around Thursday should wrap up final arguments at which point the jury will go into deliberations on whether he'll receive the death penalty or life in prison.

Having sat in two days last week and getting a read or feel for all of it I have my gut feeling how it will go down but I'll just keep that to myself because it's only my hunch and could be wrong.

Either way it won't be good for the defendant, now a convicted man on two counts - 1st degree murder and also the 2nd count of the special circumstance of torture on this 8 yr old child. I highly doubt anyone will befriend him or have his back in prison, the only ones who do are the %#*< defense lawyers because they're being paid to do so.

I will keep my observations about the defense lawyers to myself because here isn't anything slightly good or redeeming I can say about them.

RIP Gabriel

Lest we forget there are also four dcfs social workers charged with two charges 1) felony child abuse and 2) falsifying records
They're gonna be facing a judge who is not in the mood for bs

Last edited by mondayafternoons; 12-04-2017 at 03:44 PM..

Old 12-04-2017, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Clara,

Friday wrapped up the defense portion calling their witnesses, few and far between.. today started the orosecution calling their witnesses making their case to the jury for a death sentence. The Judge said he is putting out there probably around Thursday should wrap up final arguments at which point the jury will go into deliberations on whether he'll receive the death penalty or life in prison.

Having sat in two days last week and getting a read or feel for all of it I have my gut feeling how it will go down but I'll just keep that to myself because it's only my hunch and could be wrong.

Either way it won't be good for the defendant, now a convicted man on two counts - 1st degree murder and also the 2nd count of the special circumstance of torture on this 8 yr old child. I highly doubt anyone will befriend him or have his back in prison, the only ones who do are the %#*< defense lawyers because they're being paid to do so.

I will keep my observations about the defense lawyers to myself because here isn't anything slightly good or redeeming I can say about them.

RIP Gabriel

Lest we forget there are also four dcfs social workers charged with two charges 1) felony child abuse and 2) falsifying records
They're gonna be facing a judge who is not in the mood for bs
Thanks for your update, Monday. I bolded the part that concerned me. If a defendant doesn't have vigorous defense, they can later file a motion that they had ineffective counsel. These lawyers on his side are in rotation to defend the indigent - he didn't walk into their office and pay for their counsel.

His lawyers have been appointed, and are committed to defending him, by law. Otherwise, he can appeal.

I wouldn't want to be in the defense lawyer's position. They had no choice.

And now the public hates them, as if they wanted to defend this monster.

Old 12-04-2017, 11:55 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,938,385 times
Quote:
Which speaks not a thing about them, but something about yourself.

Old 12-05-2017, 12:29 AM

True, that... I hate child killers,,... and don't have muc to say for anyone who would want to make excuses for the horror they inflicted on an innocent child..I also feel like those who don't would be singing a different tune if Aguirre did that to their 8 yr old child

I'd rather skip the pc formalities and call a spade a spade

Old 12-05-2017, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Thanks for your update, Monday. I bolded the part that concerned me. If a defendant doesn't have vigorous defense, they can later file a motion that they had ineffective counsel. These lawyers on his side are in rotation to defend the indigent - he didn't walk into their office and pay for their counsel.

His lawyers have been appointed, and are committed to defending him, by law. Otherwise, he can appeal.

I wouldn't want to be in the defense lawyer's position. They had no choice.

And now the public hates them, as if they wanted to defend this monster.
Mm you really read into my post something I did not say at all. Who said the pos doesn't have a competent or vigorous defense team?? Bc I didn't say that. I said I won't say what I think of them. Nothing to do w being competent or not. Given the fact there was never any contesting the facts that the defendant committed every one of those acts of horror, well, ya know what I mean? Even a prestigious physician can't save everyone, they have those patients who are just such hard cases that with all the expertise in the world still can only do so much. Nothing to do w competence.

Keep in mind there was never any debate or doubt whether the defendant committed any of the acts against the child. There is no debate or speculation on if he did any or all of them so they have a rather almost impossible job- and well, it's kind of pitiful watching them trying to grab at any straws they can. And looking defeated already. Because they are. Not bc they're incompetent.
P.S. --- priceless--- the look on one of the defense guys face when the jury came back with verdict of guilt on both counts.

Last edited by toosie; 12-10-2017 at 05:58 AM.. Reason: Circumventing profanity filter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events