Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 11:18 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,552,275 times

Advertisements

What's the most sad about the fights is the retail stores stock special cheap versions for BF and the whole Christmas season. Customers are fighting over junk.
Retailers and manufacturers do this on electronic gear by not installing all of the software that they have to pay licensing fees for like Dolby audio management programming. Craffy materials, omitted features, etc., make other units cheaper.
"What, you thought they cut prices because they love you?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2017, 02:01 AM

144 posts, read 178,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
Simply unbelievable! Is Kmart merchandise worth breaking someone's hip? How low can our society sink?

https://www.inquisitr.com/4643100/bl...es-hip-broken/
Black Friday is all you need to know there. A hint at what police are dealing with on a regular basis, always expecting to be shot.

Old 11-26-2017, 03:48 AM

32,990 posts, read 36,513,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodoven View Post
Black Friday is all you need to know there. A hint at what police are dealing with on a regular basis, always expecting to be shot.
Seriously? Do we need NWA here? This thread is about Black Friday and shopping. Carry your sack of dung over to Politics and...

Old 11-26-2017, 05:58 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,535,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
Yes, the biggest contributing factor to the violence is the retailers limiting the quantities that will be sold with the biggest discounts. Of course the idiotic consumers don't understand they are buying a watered down or very low quality version at these discounts.
No, sorry, not going to blame retailers for the behavior of a bunch of savages. Any of this crap is available on Amazon just as cheap, and it'll be delivered to your door, only reason to go to a Black Friday mosh pit is to get your fight jones on.

Old 11-26-2017, 06:09 AM

1,380 posts, read 1,456,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Is it news or are we just a nation of rubberneckers?
Yet, here you are...

Old 11-26-2017, 07:31 AM

2,264 posts, read 1,492,662 times
Quote:
Without fail, there are videos every year showing fists thrown and bodies flying on the annual holiday of shopping, and this year’s big Black Friday brawl came from Alabama, where women exchanged blows at the Riverchase Galleria in Hoover. As AL.com reported, the fight was over a personal dispute rather than a scramble for the best sales, and the women were left with minor injuries. A baby was reportedly hit with a shoe thrown during the brawl.
Well, at least the baby gained some valuable street cred...

Old 11-26-2017, 01:41 PM

281 posts, read 328,722 times
Kmart is still in business?

Old 11-27-2017, 12:30 AM

32,990 posts, read 36,513,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plmbpmp View Post
Kmart is still in business?
Not in my area.

Old 11-27-2017, 07:02 PM

7,084 posts, read 8,975,061 times
K Mart is open at 6 AM on Thanksgiving day, I have worked it before. Also the signs in the store that were hanging from the ceiling were the store closing liquidation signs, which is why so many empty shelves.

When my store in Springboro Ohio was closed the company sent us truckloads of worthless junk from other stores and we sold every last bit of it.

Old 11-27-2017, 08:18 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,487,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Perhaps: Black Friday Kmart Mayhem.

Many don't bother to click, read, or even look at photos. Sometimes I misinterpret and don't gleen what I'm supposed to, but I try.

I'm surprised the guy's hip was broken. When you're that young, your bones should be in better shape.
I actually watched the video of the broken hip incident. The employee was not the aggressor, he was speaking with a customer and handling a box when the shopper attacked the employee and slammed his body into an end cap display. His hip hit the bottom corner of the metal shelf above the floor, rolled off it to the floor face down and then couldn't move.

It's actually traumatic to watch - I hope the perp is named, shamed, and is made to pay for the employee's medical care and recovery as well as time behind bars. His family must be so proud of his valiant display of aggression in order to score some plastic junk from a Chinese slave-labor factory for his clan. It makes me sick to my stomach.

Breaking a hip is a serious injury, I wouldn't wish it on anyone, even on the a hole who did this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events