Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 03:15 PM

78,682 posts, read 60,878,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
Similar as in...? And "pretty young" meaning also only around 7 or 8 yrs old??
Just asking bc there would be a big difference between an 11 year old playing hookie or maybe even taking the familycar around the block but -- 8 yr old going 40 on a highway, is worlds apart--- perhaps you did have a 7 or 8 yr old cousin who drove off on a freeway in their parents car..but can't tell with the vague depictive of "pretty young cousin doing similar kind of stuff " what that means
Probably 10, maybe 11 (It was decades ago) and it wasn't around the block and they did it more than once even after getting caught lol. They did some other *wild child* stuff as did a few other cousins of mine.

I'm not going to get into more detail I guess my main point is that while it sounds extreme, I think we're just missing too much information to draw strong conclusions. If you're opinion varies then I respect that.

For starters, someone taught the kid to drive to some extent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2017, 01:25 AM

11,126 posts, read 5,615,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20 MILES? The kid drove the car for twenty miles????? We have people here in California that cannot drive 20 miles without getting into an accident.

I'm puzzled by why no one else has even mentioned how exceptional it is that an 8 year-old would have the ability to drive a car and go that far. And being chased by the police, most of the way. Maybe when she's grown, she'll be flying fighter planes? So much alarmism and authoritarian reactions and hardly any appreciation for her precocious talents.

Old 11-28-2017, 03:23 AM

811 posts, read 625,066 times

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SSBknab8lz0

Lol. I guess parents like this may help explain.

Then there's this:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/28...ll-people.html

Maybe parents/guardians need to be more careful as to where they keep their car keys?

Last edited by Elna Rae; 11-28-2017 at 03:41 AM..

Old 11-28-2017, 06:30 AM

19,911 posts, read 9,469,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Probably 10, maybe 11 (It was decades ago) and it wasn't around the block and they did it more than once even after getting caught lol. They did some other *wild child* stuff as did a few other cousins of mine.

I'm not going to get into more detail I guess my main point is that while it sounds extreme, I think we're just missing too much information to draw strong conclusions. If you're opinion varies then I respect that.

For starters, someone taught the kid to drive to some extent.
Yes, like maybe YouTube?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE2idwa4uY0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events