Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 10:39 AM

10,347 posts, read 8,563,021 times

Advertisements

Well it comes down to need and want. Some people think they are one in the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2018, 12:24 PM

5,213 posts, read 3,011,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamillaB View Post
I got married in a park and the whole thing including very plain rings cost us I think about 500 bucks because we didn't make a party out of it. 100 for license, 300 for two rings, paid the commissioner. Married ten years now and many who got married in a church and reception for thousands of bucks are now divorced.

The only reason to have an expensive wedding is to keep the wedding industry going.
I was just reading an article that stated that the less a wedding cost, the longer it lasts. Seems to be the case for my wife and I as well.

Old 10-10-2018, 12:52 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,366,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
I was just reading an article that stated that the less a wedding cost, the longer it lasts. Seems to be the case for my wife and I as well.
There's probably some truth to that. My wife & I were married a bit late in life, and neither of us wanted a fancy wedding. We were married by a judge at the courthouse, with two of her best friends as witnesses. With the license, rings, a small family gathering afterwards, we spent maybe $400.00 tops. We were very happily married for 16 years. She passed away in 2007, otherwise we would still be together today.

Old 10-11-2018, 05:20 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,136,596 times
My husband and I married at city hall, where I wore a $60 white summer dress from Target that I scooped up last minute lol.

We travelled to Australia for our honeymoon, so flight tickets were the most expensive part of getting married.

We had the money to afford a big elaborate wedding that would meet that spoilt primadonna's standards, but I couldn't justify squandering five figures just for a few hours, and we both like minimal stress, and weddings seem way too stressful.

As a result, we kept almost all our money and all of our friends.

6 years happily married so far.

Old 10-11-2018, 05:29 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,130,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
My husband and I married at city hall, where I wore a $60 white summer dress from Target that I scooped up last minute lol.

We travelled to Australia for our honeymoon, so flight tickets were the most expensive part of getting married.

We had the money to afford a big elaborate wedding that would meet that spoilt primadonna's standards, but I couldn't justify squandering five figures just for a few hours, and we both like minimal stress, and weddings seem way too stressful.

As a result, we kept almost all our money and all of our friends.

6 years happily married so far.

We got married at a JP and it cost $5. It lasted 50 years so that breaks down to $.10/year.

If the marriage is only about money; its a good thing they canceled it because it wouldn't last!

Old 10-14-2018, 08:54 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,835,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Unbelievable.
Amazing some guests actually gave her the money.
The guy got lucky he will not be married to her but I feel bad for the kid they have. She is an entitled wack job.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...204000103.html

I read as much of that story as I could stomach. What a sick person she is. Not just entitled, SICK !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events