Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 09:06 AM

28 posts, read 17,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Random Guy View Post
Can we stop using the word anti-social? You all obvious don't understand what that means.

Also, all you believing that a person is anti-social for almost not justifiable reason is hilarious.

So, all of the sudden, because some person decides to focus their attention to something else, they're considered anti-social? What the ****?

Stop applying inaccurate bias and labeling everything as anti-social just because it pisses you off!

P.S. - Yes, the runt deserved to get beat up, but he's NOT anti-social. The folks who stopped him are not anti-social either. So, quit it.

They're all just *******s that thought they could do whatever they wanted. PERIOD.
Notice, I said deserved--it doesn't mean they actually should have gotten beaten up. There's a difference between someone deserving to get beaten up and another thing for actually beating the person up.

It is universally inconsiderate to inconvenience others to something you solely enjoy.

As I said, all controversial parties found in this event are guilty of being *******s who think they can get away with anything.

That being said, none of the parties displayed attributes of someone being ant-social.

I've seen ant-social---and these guys ain't it. PERIOD.

Last edited by That Random Guy; 10-01-2018 at 09:07 AM.. Reason: remove lines and spoiler
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2018, 12:12 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,197,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
I think the perps should face the music.
That made me wish for a little clapping emoji, but, it's all I got...

Old 10-01-2018, 05:43 PM

2,587 posts, read 1,594,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Random Guy View Post
Can we stop using the word anti-social? You all obvious don't understand what that means.

Also, all you believing that a person is anti-social for almost not justifiable reason is hilarious.

So, all of the sudden, because some person decides to focus their attention to something else, they're considered anti-social? What the ****?

Stop applying inaccurate bias and labeling everything as anti-social just because it pisses you off!

P.S. - Yes, the runt deserved to get beat up, but he's NOT anti-social. The folks who stopped him are not anti-social either. So, quit it.

They're all just *******s that thought they could do whatever they wanted. PERIOD.
The last thing I want to do is start an international incident, but maybe anti social has a different interpretation on the other side of the pond.
To me, if I get on a subway train in NYC, London, Madrid, Paris, or San Francisco, and want to maybe read the paper, have a quiet conversation with my wife, or just sit there, thinking, mmm, will judge Kavanaugh make it to the Supreme Court, yes or no, and then some jerkoff interrupts my conversation, or train of thought, by playing his music loudly, then to me, he’s being anti social.

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
The boy got taught a lesson. If you provoke people, sooner or later, you'll be schooled. Better it happened like this, than something more serious down the line. If he's got any brains in his head, he'll realise he got what he deserved.
Just when I thought that I could relax, and put the Grey Goose back in the freezer,
along comes Dave, telling it like it is again.

Old 10-15-2018, 02:04 PM

28 posts, read 17,222 times
Default I looked it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Francois View Post
The last thing I want to do is start an international incident, but maybe anti social has a different interpretation on the other side of the pond.
To me, if I get on a subway train in NYC, London, Madrid, Paris, or San Francisco, and want to maybe read the paper, have a quiet conversation with my wife, or just sit there, thinking, mmm, will judge Kavanaugh make it to the Supreme Court, yes or no, and then some jerkoff interrupts my conversation, or train of thought, by playing his music loudly, then to me, he’s being anti social.
Turns out you were right as far definitions go. In which case, I would agree that the runt was behaving antisocial. That alone doesn't justify what the other vigilantes "had" to do. The kid deserved what he got but he shouldn't have received it in that fashion. I suppose some things you simply learn the hard way.

Old 10-15-2018, 08:01 PM

1,142 posts, read 1,142,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
I think the perps should face the music.
Actually, it was facing the music that turned them into perps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events