Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 07:12 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,309,266 times

Advertisements

Even though they shouldn’t have thrown him off, I don’t feel sorry for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2018, 08:58 PM

905 posts, read 790,809 times
There are thousands of aholes like this music playing guy who go unchecked on a daily basis. This guy just caught more than his share of karmic payback for the lot of them. No sympathy.

Old 09-01-2018, 09:18 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,893,080 times
I guess you could call this loud music an inconvenience to other people, then. What about the cigarette smoke drifting out if your car windows into mine? If I asked anyone to put out their cigarette or roll up their window because of that, I'd be laughed off the road. Yet if I'm playing music in my car at top volume, people get upset. Why the difference? They're both inconveniences and they both display a lack of manners to other people. So why does one get a pass and the other doesn't?

Old 09-01-2018, 11:45 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
I see this kind of thing all the time, younger people walking around with music blaring from their cell phones, they leave it on when coming into the store, when they get up to the register, they still wont turn it off, they will just sit the phone down, pay and then grab it and go.

Ive also seen many young people leaving their car stereos on while pumping gas or while they are in the store, its always the cars with the super strong bass systems. Im not sure why they think everyone else wants to hear this at the gas stations.

Old 09-02-2018, 04:28 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,891,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
I guess you could call this loud music an inconvenience to other people, then. What about the cigarette smoke drifting out if your car windows into mine? If I asked anyone to put out their cigarette or roll up their window because of that, I'd be laughed off the road. Yet if I'm playing music in my car at top volume, people get upset. Why the difference? They're both inconveniences and they both display a lack of manners to other people. So why does one get a pass and the other doesn't?
Neither gets a pass from me.

Old 09-02-2018, 04:35 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Here's a little more info. Apparently the guy with the hat held the young man in a headlock for several stops, until passengers intervened and held HIM apart.

Cops found the guy in the hat, and interviewed the victim, and "both declined to press charges". Well I should say so - the guy in the hat certainly has no cause to press charges.

And, the young man was able to recover his things that were thrown out several stops before he got off.

I don't think this man should be running around scot free. Who else he might assault for being annoying?

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...rancisco-muni/
Thanks for posting this story. Tells a whole different story.

Quote:
She said the young man in the video was listening to music on a blue tooth speaker when the older man with the hat told him to turn it off.

“The kid says, ‘What do you mean? or ‘What you gonna do about it?'” said Lisa. “And that’s when the guy got up and put him in a headlock.”

She said first the two men threw the youth’s things off the train.

“He threw his skateboard off,” Lisa said, indicating the point in her cell phone video where the man is seen throwing the skateboard through the rail car doors.

But the young man got back on. So they held him in a head lock for several stops until other passengers intervened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
There has to be more to this than the older guy saying "you getting off?" and then the kid is in a head lock.?

No one ever asked him to turn the music down or did they and the kid gave them some snide remark that angered the big guy. If that big guy has that much anger for nothing he is an accident waiting to happen if someone crosses him.

The kid has hopefully learned a lesson not to play his music too loud that it irritates others.
Read what I posted above.

Quote:
How is cigarette smoke going in your car? I've never had that happen. I used to ride a motorcycle, I've had butts thrown out the window that hit my face shield but never had smoke go in my face.

Old 09-02-2018, 07:33 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,622 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Ok. Loud music that comes from a handheld Iphone is completely different than loud music that comes from a car that has after factory equipment put in to make the car boom. When people are stopped at an intersection and can't escape, that boom is actually dangerous to a lot of people. I have a good friend who has heart arrhythmia, booming bass can actually upset (or stop) the beats of his heart. Most people obviously don't experience booming bass to that extent - but most adults do experience a panic reaction. It's a little akin to making everyone experience a very bright strobe light, while they're sitting there waiting for traffic to move. It has real health consequences.

Old 09-02-2018, 08:08 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,891,632 times
Quote:
If I'm playing music in my car at top volume, people get upset.
Do you keep your windows open? If so, why don't you close them? Top volume for you, less upset for your victims. Win/not-as-huge-a-lose.

Old 09-02-2018, 08:41 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,281,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Ok. Loud music that comes from a handheld Iphone is completely different than loud music that comes from a car that has after factory equipment put in to make the car boom. When people are stopped at an intersection and can't escape, that boom is actually dangerous to a lot of people. I have a good friend who has heart arrhythmia, booming bass can actually upset (or stop) the beats of his heart. Most people obviously don't experience booming bass to that extent - but most adults do experience a panic reaction. It's a little akin to making everyone experience a very bright strobe light, while they're sitting there waiting for traffic to move. It has real health consequences.
Studies have shown a that loud music in public settings can increase blood pressure and heart rate in others, not to mention the obvious stress many people clearly feel as the result of being subjected to thus unwanted audio assault. If you assault me in ANY WAY, I have the right to protect myself. If loud music like this can cause negative health consequences, than that music is a weapon, being used to hurt others. I applaud the two Good Samaritans who stepped in to stop this assault. I assure you that it would have been three if I was there.

BTW, why did this idiot fight SO hard to remain on the muni? If there were two big guys trying to hurt me, I would WANT to leave! He is a troublemaker and a wisea$$, and next time he does it I hope the other guys are even bigger and stronger.

For the few bleeding hearts who sympathize with this moron, I bet you never take public transportation or you live in a more civilized, rural setting. If you haven’t experienced at least a few situations like this, your opinion has little weight. Jerks like this put other people’s health, emotional and physical, at risk. He got what he deserved.

Old 09-02-2018, 09:29 AM

3,734 posts, read 5,770,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
While the kid was inconsiderate for playing his music too loud, the two men who attacked him and tried to throw him off the bus, and did throw his skate board off, were way out of line. It was a physical assault.

Loud music frequently IS a physical assault. He got a lot LESS than he had coming to him, if you ask me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events