Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 02:09 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,317 times

Advertisements

sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2018/08/31/caught-camera-two-men-attack-man-san-francisco-muni/
abc7news.com/video-muni-scuffle-sparks-outrage-on-social-media/4108046

Seriously, even though this guy should have kept the music on low (to be fair, a lot of music is loud and can be quite profane), he didn't deserve to be attacked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2018, 02:09 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,500,274 times
Nobody here has said the guys who assaulted him did the right thing, and I'm surprised he didn't press charges. But the guy who was assaulted IS a selfish idiot. I don't think he learned anything based on his quotes.

Old 09-01-2018, 02:26 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,472,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Nobody here has said the guys who assaulted him did the right thing, and I'm surprised he didn't press charges. But the guy who was assaulted IS a selfish idiot. I don't think he learned anything based on his quotes.
He's an a-hole if he's learned nothing from that experience.

I'm guessin' he'll tone down the volume wherever he goes now. If not, and he gets assaulted again for selfishly blasting his music in public, I'm not have a drop of sympathy for him.

Old 09-01-2018, 04:21 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times
Maybe wear headphones next time?

Old 09-01-2018, 05:49 PM

102,204 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Yes, but another witness said he told the guy “ you don’t like my music? What are you going to do about it?” While, I don’t agree with the assault, I gues he found out.
WOW! See, it's this type of detail that makes all the difference, in a story. Half the time on this forum, we're struggling to make sense of media stories that leave out key information.

So the guy definitely was a troll. And now he says he wants justice? We'll see how that works out, when those other witnesses step forward, and the judge asks him why he played his music loudly, after being asked not to on other occasions.

Old 09-01-2018, 05:50 PM

102,204 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
No-brainer, right? We can only conclude he was being deliberately disturbing, knowingly violating MUNI's courtesy rules to see how far he could get.

Old 09-01-2018, 05:59 PM

1,142 posts, read 1,142,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
But but....then how will people look around and acknowledge his presence?

Old 09-01-2018, 06:39 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,587,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Maybe if inconsiderate music blasters were attacked more frequently, they would learn to have some consideration.

Nobody who ever generously shares their music at high volume ever has good taste in music, which only makes their rude behavior even worse.
In all the years I've ridden the buses in our town, I've never heard anyone playing music that other riders could hear. As a people, we're very polite and considerate around here, except when some of us get into private motor vehicles. That seems to grant license to them, to cast the niceties of civilization aside. Deep-bass woofers in cars are a scourge, as it probably is all around the developed world. Weaponized audio equipment like that and those who sell and install it, should be banned, just as rocket-launchers are.

Old 09-01-2018, 06:56 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No-brainer, right? We can only conclude he was being deliberately disturbing, knowingly violating MUNI's courtesy rules to see how far he could get.
Yup, and include all the BOOMcar idiots in that thought!

Old 09-01-2018, 07:07 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
In all the years I've ridden the buses in our town, I've never heard anyone playing music that other riders could hear. As a people, we're very polite and considerate around here, except when some of us get into private motor vehicles. That seems to grant license to them, to cast the niceties of civilization aside. Deep-bass woofers in cars are a scourge, as it probably is all around the developed world. Weaponized audio equipment like that and those who sell and install it, should be banned, just as rocket-launchers are.
You can get a big fat ticket for that here in Vegas. I believe the fines start around $500. I almost never hear booming cars anymore, except at events like car shows, where they belong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events