Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 06:22 PM

Location: Prince Georges County, MD (formerly Long Island, NY)
1,558 posts, read 2,723,240 times

Advertisements

For those who don't remember Joseph C. Phillips, he played Denise's husband in the latter seasons of the Cosby Show. His rationale for waiting to come forward makes sense, I guess, though there's the skepticism that he's riding coattails for relevance.

OF COURSE BILL COSBY IS GUILTY! » Joseph C. Phillips

Quote:
When I joined the cast of the Cosby Show in 1989, it seemed to be common knowledge that Bill played around. When I say common knowledge, I mean that it was just something that people seemed to know without anyone saying anything. Bill sleeping around was a “fact” that, like, the air, seemed to just be. You didn’t have to see it or hear it to know that it existed.

There was also the seeming unending parade of pretty young women that streamed through the studio. In fact, that is what some of us called it – the parade. Light skinned. “Good” hair. One prettier than the next. I was 28, healthy, single, and horny as hell! You will forgive me if I wasn’t really focused on Bill during the parades.
Quote:
As we spoke, I recalled that Bill had been her mentor (play father, teacher…something. I couldn’t quite recall what it was). The question popped into my head.

“Hey, do you mind if I ask you something?”

She looked at me and then asked, “Is it going to make me cry?”

I was a bit taken aback. “Well,” I stammered. “I hope it doesn’t make you cry.”

She smiled. “Go ahead and ask your question.”

“Back in the day,” I started. “I remember that you knew Bill – that he was like your mentor or something. Did he ever…”

Before I finished the sentence, she began to cry.

We spent the next two hours sitting on a bench talking. Through tears, she told me her story. She cursed him for violating both her trust and her body. She cursed herself for not being smarter, and for degrading herself in pursuit of success. I listened patiently. As she began to run out of steam, she turned to me. “Do you believe me?”

“Yes.” I said. “I believe you.”

“Why?” she asked.

“Because I don’t believe that you are crazy and only a crazy person would sit with me all this time and share a fantasy.”

Old 07-14-2015, 07:17 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,804,566 times
It has been glaringly obvious for a long time that Bill Cosby is a serial rapist.

Occam's Razor:
*Over 40 women are all lying, all in concert, for no logical gain, or
*Bill Cosby is a rapist

Why this serial rapist has legions of defenders, I don't know. Some are starry-eyed fans who think they know Mr. Cosby because they like some of his characters (how people can be this hopelessly naive is beyond me, but some clearly are). Some blatantly hate women, or just feel compelled to always side with the man when there's a dispute between a man and a woman (even if the man is a rapist and the woman is a rape victim).

They're either in denial, or they're intentionally defending a rapist. And they all should be ashamed of themselves.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:58 PM

2,062 posts, read 2,546,753 times
Thank you for this article you posted. I grew up liking Bill Cosby and this is the nail in the coffin getting rid of any small lingering doubts I still had about his guilt. When one of his own comes forward like this there can be no more doubt.

Old 07-15-2015, 05:04 PM

17,775 posts, read 13,665,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
It has been glaringly obvious for a long time that Bill Cosby is a serial rapist.

Occam's Razor:
*Over 40 women are all lying, all in concert, for no logical gain, or
*Bill Cosby is a rapist

Why this serial rapist has legions of defenders, I don't know.
A bunch of them are conservatives who liked him because he bashed "irresponsible black culture."

Old 07-15-2015, 05:59 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Yeah; Cosby did all this stuff in a vacuum. Seemingly no one was aware of this guy's predilection for sexual perversion.

Joseph C Phillips talks about the endless parade of young pretty women coming through the studio and yet no one questioned this or even attempted to connect the dot but turned their heads the other way and ignored what has been said over and over "it was obvious".

More than one Studio hierarchy enabled this guy and I'd be willing to bet there were many in the daisy chain aware of his drugging and raping yet they did nothing due to his wealth and them being on the gravy train.

Hopefully a day in court for some of his accusers allows for subpoenas to be served to everyone from Studio CEO, agents, chauffeurs to maids, so that these folks get to point their fingers in their faces and say "you knew"!

Old 07-15-2015, 06:19 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
Thank you for this article you posted. I grew up liking Bill Cosby and this is the nail in the coffin getting rid of any small lingering doubts I still had about his guilt. When one of his own comes forward like this there can be no more doubt.
I think we all grew up loving the characters he played. Its hard to separate the character from the man.

Old 07-15-2015, 10:07 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times
I wonder if Cosby was always that way or if his odd sexual preference developed as a result of his success. Did it become so easy for him to get voluntary sex from women that he was bored, and only stealing sex turned him on? Feminists always say that rape is not about sex but about power, which I think is generally nonsense, but in Cosby's case it seems correct. He didn't just want sex; he wanted it with completely powerless, unconscious women.

Old 07-15-2015, 10:16 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
I wonder if Cosby was always that way or if his odd sexual preference developed as a result of his success. Did it become so easy for him to get voluntary sex from women that he was bored, and only stealing sex turned him on? Feminists always say that rape is not about sex but about power, which I think is generally nonsense, but in Cosby's case it seems correct. He didn't just want sex; he wanted it with completely powerless, unconscious women.
BBM~~ For those who do what I bolded is their predilection...and unfortunately he got away with it due to his celebrity..and his wife who was in denial ( even tho she now admits he cheated)...STILL won't admit what he did was WRONG!!

It's so unfortunate really..because some of his show's were great..but exposing the MAN behind that character being false taints everything he ever touched!!

Billy Boy will never live it down..He will have to deal with this for the rest of his life..I doubt he will every ask for forgiveness..as he and his spin doctors have already sent out his wife Camilla to suggest no fault..The women were all consensual...IF anyone believed that..I have a Bridge to sell ya up in the Hudson Bay area!! LOL

Old 07-16-2015, 12:46 AM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
Quote:
It's not looking good for the man. Even though his sitcom was a tad corny, his character was just so darn likeable. I never saw him in anything else, but he seemed the same in his tv interviews. Apparently he was the exact opposite, which is sad.

Old 07-16-2015, 01:46 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,007,212 times
Quote:
Agreed. although I had heard about the previous settlements, I still had a little doubt. Joseph P. Phillips pretty much eliminated whatever else it is that I had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events