Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 07:22 AM

17,228 posts, read 15,428,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post

^ $17,532? Shoot, I should open up a GFM. I need help too. But I work two jobs, so. I dont know...
He's probably not going to get anywhere NEAR that amount.

Do you know why the bar was set at $150? Typically, GoFundMe starters do this because they are then only obligated to donate $150 to the cause, and they know that people are dumb and will throw money away blindly without giving second thought as to where this is really going.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2018, 07:29 AM

14,401 posts, read 14,325,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Aww, there's a GoFundMe Page in his honor. How sweet! Let me rush over there and donate money I've worked hard for my entire working life.

In this age of welfare, free food and free government housing, this guy shouldn't be sleeping in a business someone else worked hard to start and maintain. I realize that many people, mostly the young, believe that employment and hard work are America's biggest enemy... but in reality it is misplaced compassion that's killing us.

Whatever happened to vagrancy laws? Do they still exist? If not we need to reinstate them to protect America's places of business from being turned into flop houses for the homeless.
They've been held unconstitutional. The courts believe that it is not a crime to be poor.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:09 AM

7,651 posts, read 4,608,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
This was Dunkin Donuts, not a bar.

And it was water, not a nightstick from someone who knew how to use it.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:20 AM

14,401 posts, read 14,325,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post
And it was water, not a nightstick from someone who knew how to use it.
The elements of the crime of assault are:

1. An unwanted touching;
2. Harmful or offensive; and
3. Intended by the person doing the touching.

I agree its not as serious as beating someone with a nightstick. However, it was unwanted. It was offensive even it wasn't harmful. Finally, it was intended by the person(s) doing it.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:31 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,392,424 times
Quote:
We had/have waaaaay too many bums in there . They play games, want to pay $1.74 or $1.99 for a $2.02 item... Stay in there all day ... Go to the one in Elizabeth, come back... All day...

Im not saying dumping water on them is the RIGHT thing to do (kinda is funny though,) just that bums are a problem....
It's not funny at all. What's funny to me is how much attention you pay to what they are buying and what kinds of games they're playing.

This man lost oxygen to his brain when he was born. He has mental disabilities and schizophrenia. He wasn't hurting anyone, just sitting there minding his own business. Homeless people are preyed on by others and are often victims of crimes, such as this one. (Assault).

Old 10-03-2018, 09:21 AM

23,875 posts, read 33,595,201 times
Quote:
Did this happen on St George's Ave in Linden NJ? Wouldn't surprise me at all.

We had/have waaaaay too many bums in there . They play games, want to pay $1.74 or $1.99 for a $2.02 item... Stay in there all day ... Go to the one in Elizabeth, come back... All day...

Im not saying dumping water on them is the RIGHT thing to do (kinda is funny though,) just that bums are a problem.
Syracuse NY

Quote:
^ $17,532? Shoot, I should open up a GFM. I need help too. But I work two jobs, so. I dont know...
It's now up to $18,264 Raised by 990 people in 2 days

Old 10-03-2018, 09:24 AM

2,572 posts, read 1,647,066 times
Quote:
Oh, dear Lord. A criminal assault? Are you serious? It's water!

The guy sleeps all day at a coffee shop. He isn't wanted. He's been asked to stop sleeping there. He refuses. So big deal, they dumped a pitcher of water on his head. Go sleep somewhere else.

I suspect the color of the employees has everything to do with people's feigned outrage.
Quote:
Aww, there's a GoFundMe Page in his honor. How sweet! Let me rush over there and donate money I've worked hard for my entire working life.

In this age of welfare, free food and free government housing, this guy shouldn't be sleeping in a business someone else worked hard to start and maintain. I realize that many people, mostly the young, believe that employment and hard work are America's biggest enemy... but in reality it is misplaced compassion that's killing us.

Whatever happened to vagrancy laws? Do they still exist? If not we need to reinstate them to protect America's places of business from being turned into flop houses for the homeless.
I may be confusing you with another poster, but aren't you a self-professed Christian? If so, do you think your Jesus would approve of dumping pitchers of ice water on people like this guy?

Old 10-03-2018, 09:29 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,170,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Maybe Dunkin needs to have a lesson from Starbucks that now lets people hang out and use the bathroom all day long without even buying anything.
So, you seem to admire the Starbucks and Dunkin jerks and think that a corporation having a conscience is bad? Shame.

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 10-03-2018 at 10:02 AM..

Old 10-03-2018, 09:37 AM

82 posts, read 16,019 times
Smile *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr
It's now up to $18,264 Raised by 990 people in 2 days
Its good seeing there ARE people who care for others less fortunate.... I hope this money helps him get a stable place for shelter and all!!

Old 10-03-2018, 10:16 AM

17,228 posts, read 15,428,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimde View Post
Its good seeing there ARE people who care for others less fortunate.... I hope this money helps him get a stable place for shelter and all!!
You DO know it's VERY unlikely he will see anything NEAR that amount, right?

The guy who started it set the goal at $150. Chances are, anything above that he will pocket to himself, as there is NO obligation to give the man any more than what the goal is. It's very likely that he set it critically low for a selfish reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events