Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 02:02 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,467,518 times

Advertisements

Who takes an infant out in 90 degree weather to a baseball game in the first place? If course he will be distracted watching the game.

I think he deserves jail time.

Man charged with endangering after daughter in hot car dies - News - The Review - Alliance, OH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2018, 05:01 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,383,869 times
The article doesn't say if he intentionally left the baby in the car or if he forgot she was there. He's probably going to say he forgot her, otherwise he could face much more serious charges. There's really no way to know for sure, but I hope he's not the type of parent to leave a toddler in a car in a parking lot intentionally, regardless of the weather. At twenty-two, he's old enough to know better, but that doesn't mean he does.
My heart goes out to this child's family.

Old 08-29-2018, 05:04 PM

11 posts, read 4,089 times
No excuse.... He deserves to be charged in full!!!!!!!

How do you forget a baby?? YOUR OWN BABY!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-29-2018, 08:28 PM

The thing is, this was during a period of time when we had been having very hot, very humid weather. Temps above average. There were newscasts, PSAs, Social Media warnings over and over to be very careful going outside for long periods of time especially young children and the elderly.

Taking a six month old baby to an outdoor sport to begin with is irresponsible. Leaving her in the car for even five minutes is wrong. Putting her outside in the sun would have been almost as bad. Baseball games last a long time. Was he going to keep her there, for the entire game? If so neither the car nor outside would have been safe for so long a time.

I see this more of an act of irresponsibility and extreme carelessness rather than forgetfulness. A life was lost because of it. To me that's a crime.

Old 08-29-2018, 08:43 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,089,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
The thing is, this was during a period of time when we had been having very hot, very humid weather. Temps above average. There were newscasts, PSAs, Social Media warnings over and over to be very careful going outside for long periods of time especially young children and the elderly.

Taking a six month old baby to an outdoor sport to begin with is irresponsible. Leaving her in the car for even five minutes is wrong. Putting her outside in the sun would have been almost as bad. Baseball games last a long time. Was he going to keep her there, for the entire game? If so neither the car nor outside would have been safe for so long a time.

I see this more of an act of irresponsibility and extreme carelessness rather than forgetfulness. A life was lost because of it. To me that's a crime.
93 in Lodi is nowhere out of the ordinary. I played a softball tournament in Lodi where it was probably 110ish. (People take babies to outdoor sporting events all the time.)

Old 08-29-2018, 08:48 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,128,823 times
It sounds like he is an idiot. They walk amongst us, people.

Old 08-30-2018, 05:34 AM

8,775 posts, read 5,068,013 times
Horrible. I don`t even forget to water my outdoor plants. RIP Baby Girl

Old 08-30-2018, 09:15 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,874,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
The article doesn't say if he intentionally left the baby in the car or if he forgot she was there. He's probably going to say he forgot her, otherwise he could face much more serious charges. There's really no way to know for sure, but I hope he's not the type of parent to leave a toddler in a car in a parking lot intentionally, regardless of the weather. At twenty-two, he's old enough to know better, but that doesn't mean he does.
My heart goes out to this child's family.
That's what I was wondering, if he left the baby intentionally so he didn't have to tend to her during the game.

Old 08-30-2018, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
That's what I was wondering, if he left the baby intentionally so he didn't have to tend to her during the game.
This is what many people were wondering but of course we will never know.

Old 08-30-2018, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
93 in Lodi is nowhere out of the ordinary. I played a softball tournament in Lodi where it was probably 110ish. (People take babies to outdoor sporting events all the time.)
Many people do stupid things.

No one said people shouldn't take babies to outdoor sporting events. But to take them where heat advisories are given is not smart. To leave them in a hot car is not smart. To put them in the hot sun is not smart.

Taking your baby to any event is fine under the right conditions. It's up to the parent to determine what they are. Babies can't do this for themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events