Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 01:50 PM

10,905 posts, read 7,397,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Flight attendant ditto. He could not have FORCED her to do anything. He demanded, she submitted.

He's an ass, she's a dope.
Her airline has a history of penalizing flight attendants who didn't submit to the whims of this or similar jerks. She wants to keep her job.
He's an ass, the airline is asinine, she's a victim.
This didn't happen in America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2019, 04:07 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,150,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
Her airline has a history of penalizing flight attendants who didn't submit to the whims of this or similar jerks. She wants to keep her job.
He's an ass, the airline is asinine, she's a victim.
This didn't happen in America.
She should have wiped his butt with rough sandpaper! Or sprinkled some Ghost Pepper juice on the toilet paper!

I do hope they can get him banned from all flights. Of course it would be our luck they would ship him back home first!

Old 01-23-2019, 04:13 PM

10,235 posts, read 6,324,092 times
If you are incapable of wiping your own butt, then you are incapable of flying on a plane, or otherwise going about in society.

Old 01-23-2019, 04:59 PM

3,320 posts, read 1,819,818 times
The obsession with 'disabilities', and the legal and social pressures to 'even life up' have resulted in absurd perversions of common sense.
I wonder what Socrates would say.

Old 01-23-2019, 05:06 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,491,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallie225 View Post
This has to be one of the most disgusting situations I have read about in a long time.

WHAT a GROSS and DISGUSTING excuse for a HUMAN BEING!

Where on earth does he get all of this money to fly from LA to Taipei to Bangkok to harass flight attendants and travelers with his repulsive demands?
Then, when he arrives in Bangkok, God knows what debauchery he must commit there. I hope at least it was between consenting adult human beings.

Obviously, no one held a gun to the FA's head and forced her to "clean" this individual, but I think she handled the job as professional.

She attempted to make the situation sanitary, non-sexual, and to protect the sensibilities of the other passengers.

With him hogging the bathroom and refusing to leave, she needed to insure that there was a facility available for other people. Her alternatives were limited.

I hope that -

1. He is sued, fined, jailed

2. that he is put on the "NO FLY" list for life, and his passport is revoked.

Old 01-23-2019, 06:06 PM

9,421 posts, read 11,173,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
The obsession with 'disabilities', and the legal and social pressures to 'even life up' have resulted in absurd perversions of common sense.
I wonder what Socrates would say.
Well, I just happened to channel Socrates about an hour ago. Or Ol' Sock, as he likes to be called now on The Other Side. He said (translated from Greek) "She should've said, 'wipe your own jelly ass you perverted sicko freaky pig! Here, use my high heel! If you don't like them apples, you can kiss MY ass! And be careful, don't fall in! I hear that collection tank stinks big time!' If she gets fired, she gets fired. At least she won't die of some dreadful poop-borne disease that has no cure!"

Yup, Ol' Sock, he nailed it!

Old 01-23-2019, 10:40 PM

5,489 posts, read 3,931,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
What amazes me is the unprofessional way the article in the New York Post was written.
You must not be familiar with the NY Post.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:04 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,070,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
She should have wiped his butt with rough sandpaper! Or sprinkled some Ghost Pepper juice on the toilet paper!
I do hope they can get him banned from all flights. Of course it would be our luck they would ship him back home first!
Yep! I remember a story from when I was a kid, my Old Man had to work for a living, and he came home with an aching back one day. He asked my Mom to put "Absorbine Junior" (I believe it contains alcohol, you don't see it much anymore) on his back. So, he's sitting on the edge of the bed in his skivvies, and she fills the palm of her hand with the stuff, slaps it onto his back, and most of it runs down into his plumber's crack; it was reportedly less than a pleasurable experience.

He told that story for the next twenty years, my poor Mom.

I was surprised that this guy got away with behavior like this in the past - check out You Tube videos of "irate airline passengers" and it wouldn't take much imagination to see another passenger taking this guy to task for his behavior, if it was obvious he was faking a disability for the female attention.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:40 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,551,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
What amazes me is the unprofessional way the article in the New York Post was written.
It's the NY Post, it's been a used snotrag for decades.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:41 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,107,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Google News is nothing but an aggregator and not an original news source. It even picks up stuff like this from the tabloids.

And the definition of clickbait isn't necessarily "fake news." It's actually mostly stuff like this that's been sensationalized by hyperbolic "reporting."

Sounds like you're the one who's confused.
Nah, I know exactly what Google is & more importantly; I know that it’s not what it used to be. Meaning that if you did this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
A simple Google search shows absolutely no legit sources for this.
... Well, case in point. Nothing coming out of China, or Russia, the ME, Africa ...etc, even slightly representative of “news” (especially involving an American) is going to be found “simply”.

I guess there is one thing I’m confused about: This story is actually a legitimate example of on-the-clock sexual harassment that has previously & is now; compromising the livelihood of the crew members involved but was reported in a timely manner & along the proper chain of command.

This is not the familiar story of a middle-aged has-been accusing a rich, famous guy of some vague impropriety that occurred 30 years ago. Yet this is the story that lacks legitimacy or newsworthiness?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events