Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2019, 08:06 PM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Russian Roulette should be illegal.
I’m going to assume it is. Suicide is, after all.

Old 02-16-2019, 09:04 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,556,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I’m going to assume it is. Suicide is, after all.
Suicide is not a crime, nor should it be. As far as Russian Roulette, played correctly it would be considered suicide. HOWEVER, AND AGAIN - this case was not a game of Russian roulette. The woman was shot in the chest by another person. This couldn't be further from the game of russian roulette, which entails a person taking a single bullet, putting it into a revoler's cylinder, spinning the cylinder, putting it to one's own head then pulling the trigger.
At some point, are people in this thread going to start posting in line with the facts of the story rather than the idiotic completely innacurate headline of the story?

Old 02-17-2019, 05:50 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,418,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Suicide is not a crime, nor should it be. As far as Russian Roulette, played correctly it would be considered suicide. HOWEVER, AND AGAIN - this case was not a game of Russian roulette. The woman was shot in the chest by another person. This couldn't be further from the game of russian roulette, which entails a person taking a single bullet, putting it into a revoler's cylinder, spinning the cylinder, putting it to one's own head then pulling the trigger.
At some point, are people in this thread going to start posting in line with the facts of the story rather than the idiotic completely innacurate headline of the story?

*Insert applause GIF here"

Old 02-17-2019, 08:02 AM

Quote:
I know what the story is I was responding to a poster who wondered whether Russian roulette is illegal. It is relevant in this thread because it’s the cops defense.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 02-17-2019 at 08:32 AM..

Old 02-17-2019, 08:59 AM

Quote:
I know what the story is I was responding to a poster who wondered whether Russian roulette is illegal. It is relevant in this thread because it’s the cops defense.
The cop's defense is not that they were playing russian roulette, his defense is that they were playing around with the gun and it went off unintentionally - I'm not going to repeat the facts, you already know them. The writer of the article is the one who called it russian roulette, probably as click bait because it's much more bizarre to picture a couple cops playing the actual game rather than what actually (supposedly) happened.

Old 02-17-2019, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
*Insert applause GIF here"
Thank you, thank you very much. (bows)

Old 02-17-2019, 09:09 AM

Quote:
The cop's defense is not that they were playing russian roulette, his defense is that they were playing around with the gun and it went off unintentionally - I'm not going to repeat the facts, you already know them. The writer of the article is the one who called it russian roulette, probably as click bait because it's much more bizarre to picture a couple cops playing the actual game rather than what actually (supposedly) happened.
OMG, does it really matter what we call it? Do we have to say they were playing a twist on Russian Roulette (which it was)? Cause that takes to long to type each time.

Old 02-17-2019, 09:50 AM

Quote:
OMG, does it really matter what we call it? Do we have to say they were playing a twist on Russian Roulette (which it was)? Cause that takes to long to type each time.
It does matter, the loser of a game of russian roulette is a suicide. While it may have been a game they were (supposedly) playing, the loser is a murder victim. Calling this a game of russian roulette just distorts the facts and puts a false light of innocence on the killer and responsibility on the victim.
Even if the facts are true, I still can't believe the prosecutor has gone with such a light charge of involuntary manslaughter. At the minimum it should be voluntary manslaughter. I guess you can just chalk it up to another case of the unwillingness of the system to charge cops with murder. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets off completely tbh, but I think we can be confident his cop days are over.

Last edited by duke944; 02-17-2019 at 10:30 AM..

Old 02-17-2019, 02:15 PM

35,071 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Can someone post the official, Las Vegas rules for Russian Roulette?

Old 02-17-2019, 02:23 PM

1,870 posts, read 2,390,167 times
Quote:
It does matter, the loser of a game of russian roulette is a suicide. While it may have been a game they were (supposedly) playing, the loser is a murder victim. Calling this a game of russian roulette just distorts the facts and puts a false light of innocence on the killer and responsibility on the victim.
Even if the facts are true, I still can't believe the prosecutor has gone with such a light charge of involuntary manslaughter. At the minimum it should be voluntary manslaughter. I guess you can just chalk it up to another case of the unwillingness of the system to charge cops with murder. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets off completely tbh, but I think we can be confident his cop days are over.
Nathaniel Hendren claimed the game they were playing was Reverse Russian Roulette. Crazy. Reverse means another person points the pistol at you and pulls the trigger, as opposed to you putting the pistol to your temple and pulling the trigger. I had never heard of this before, but that's the s-t-o-r-y.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events