Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2019, 08:56 AM

2,512 posts, read 3,056,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
A mountain lion of the same weight as a retriever would have no problem killing it and killing it rather quickly.
Of course! It would be a foregone conclusion.

Nature designed ML's to be wild powerhouse predatory hunters and obligate carnivores, they can climb up a tree with a full grown deer in their mouths. Retrievers are highly domesticated canines with docile personalities that retrieve ducks (usually after they are dead).

If an individual went online and typed in "Most Popular Family Friendly Pets Safe Around Young Children" and along with the "Retriever's" in the canine category, the list included Mountain Lions, what reaction might they have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2019, 09:19 AM

35,018 posts, read 16,978,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...? View Post

Nature designed ML's to be wild powerhouse predatory hunters and obligate carnivores, they can climb up a tree with a full grown deer in their mouths. Retrievers are highly domesticated canines with docile personalities that retrieve ducks (usually after they are dead).

If an individual went online and typed in "Most Popular Family Friendly Pets Safe Around Young Children" and along with the "Retriever's" in the canine category, the list included Mountain Lions, what reaction might they have?
Every retriever I've been around does the following non-docile activities:
  1. Hits people hard with their tails;
  2. Takes a taste of people to sample them for a real predatory attack;
  3. Sticks their head in people's laps to position themselves for a real predatory attack; and
  4. Drops objects on people's feet.
How would you feel if you were a tennis ball?

Old 02-08-2019, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
How would you feel if you were a tennis ball?
LOL!! Not good! Not good at all, being covered in solidified drool would actually concern me more than the puncture wounds...

Old 02-08-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
LOL!! Not good! Not good at all, being covered in solidified drool would actually concern me more than the puncture wounds...
What about the puncture wounds on flesh?

Old 02-08-2019, 09:57 AM

17,340 posts, read 11,268,717 times
Quote:

Cougars also kill wolves. One on one, the cougar will almost always win.

Old 02-08-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
What about the puncture wounds on flesh?
I have a real aversion to slobber, so even in lieu of not being a tennis ball, I would have to bat the two alternatives back and forth awhile before answering...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Cougars also kill wolves. One on one, the cougar will almost always win.
And they have no species loyalty, they'll attack Lynx and Bobcats along with domestic cats if allowed outside in high risk areas.

Old 02-08-2019, 03:02 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,554,286 times
Irish wolfhounds also kill wolves. I wonder how a fight between a 150 irish wolfhound and a 100 lb cougar would go? (I'm sure even weights cougar is going to easily beat any dog)

Old 02-08-2019, 03:33 PM

2,020 posts, read 1,122,953 times
Quote:
Golden Retrievers primarily use their teeth and tails to shred their victims.
They can be very aggressive with slobbering kisses and wagging tails. Avoid at all cost.

Old 02-08-2019, 06:51 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,735,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Lion was estimated at 80 lbs. I often hike in the woods and think about them and bears. This guy was lucky. https://nationalpost.com/news/world/...im-in-colorado
That's crazy.

Old 02-08-2019, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGWS View Post
They can be very aggressive with slobbering kisses and wagging tails. Avoid at all cost.
Being battered by their tails can hurt. And I can't believe they allow blind people to be at their mercy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events