Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 09:08 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,758,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
My aunt went to college with him. He ALWAYS had a crowd around him in the cafeteria. He was by far the most popular guy in school. I guarantee he's the most popular guy in prison, and probably LOVES having the audience, and constant attention being the narcissist he is.
Do you mean at Temple U. ?!

Most narcissists do not commit crimes. By contrast he's a full blown psychopath.

Impulsivity( sexually assaulting women by the score and he was probably doing it, on the side, while "performing" as you say above). Pathologically lying( convince gullible people that you are America's Dad and "'lecture" black people about their aledged bad behavior. And, oh, that was while he also drugging women to take sexual advantage of them). Failure to take responsibility for his action which he is still not doing. No sense of guilt or remorse. And absolutely zero empathy. Every single thing he did was fake and a lie. The "comedy" was just a cover for everything else. He's still has a bunch people believing him in some fashion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2019, 09:40 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Each cell is 7'x12'. Hardly the lap of luxury you are making it out to be. Plenty of big names are in this supermax prison and NO ONE gets preferential treatment. Not sure why you think he will be any different. That's why they call these supermax prisons. LOL!!!
Supermax just means they make it near impossible to escape from.

We are too much of a 'class society', of course there is going to be preferential treatment in prisons, thats the norm just about everywhere.

Old 02-14-2019, 09:45 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post

Most narcissists do not commit crimes. By contrast he's a full blown psychopath.

Impulsivity( sexually assaulting women by the score and he was probably doing it, on the side, while "performing" as you say above). Pathologically lying( convince gullible people that you are America's Dad and "'lecture" black people about their aledged bad behavior. And, oh, that was while he also drugging women to take sexual advantage of them). Failure to take responsibility for his action which he is still not doing. No sense of guilt or remorse. And absolutely zero empathy. Every single thing he did was fake and a lie. The "comedy" was just a cover for everything else. He's still has a bunch people believing him in some fashion.
Yes, Temple. Cosby dated my Aunt's sorority sister, for a while. A White girl. Unusual for the times. He was BMOC for sure. You are right, a full blown psychopath, with talent. He was ground breaking as the first Black TV star on "I Spy" with Bob Culp. A real history maker, great comedian, never dirty or "blue". The flip side of the coin was not so pretty.

Old 02-14-2019, 10:29 AM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Yep, exactly.

For those who don't know, Sci Phoenix is the new replacement for Graterford
He would not have gotten a hard time from other prisoners or guards in my opinion even at Graterford. Everyone would want to be his buddfy.

Aside from that, they can’t/won’t just allow an ill elderly man to get beat up or raped. This is I’m sure the hardest time they could give him without lawsuits.

Old 02-14-2019, 10:36 AM

18,527 posts, read 18,748,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Are you serious? He is probably the most popukar guy in prison. 90% of those guys are probably fans and vying to be his bff in prison. No one is raping or beating up the Cos, trust me. He is probably keeping them entertained with comedy bits and all his characters like Fat Albert. He is hardly just one of the guys, IMO he's Big Man on Campus there. They have cellmates assigned to him to help him get around (he's practically blind now) They said he is getting thousands of letters of support, and that strangers have put thousands of dollars on his prison account, or at least tried to make it thousands (the account has a limit of how much can be on it, so they can't put all of the money they received on it)

Apparently he's taken the opportunity to make some life changes, getting up at 3:30 a.m. to exercise, no longer eating bread and dessert.

He will not allow his wife to visit though, he talks to her 3 times a day for 3 minutes.
While the Lockerbie bomber was in Barlinnie jail he was the toast of the place as he had an enormous tv his family had paid for..no way was he picked on or bullied he was a star.. its criminals and lowlifes we re dealing with...

Old 02-14-2019, 10:37 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,563,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
He would not have gotten a hard time from other prisoners or guards in my opinion even at Graterford. Everyone would want to be his buddfy.

Aside from that, they can’t/won’t just allow an ill elderly man to get beat up or raped. This is I’m sure the hardest time they could give him without lawsuits.
Early in my career I worked in a prison. He would be put in segregation for a while, which happens with cops, celebrities, etc. People look down on rapists and child predators more than any other criminal. Saying everyone would want to be his buddy is ridiculous. That is the opposite of what happens with people like that. He is not doing easy time and I am sure he is miserable compared to the life he led. Honestly, I am shocked before this trial got started that he didn't decide to leave the country. Maybe his big ego thought he could win the case.

The only part you have correct is that he probably would not see any violence, and that is not because he is old, but because it would be made public and look bad on the prison.

Old 02-14-2019, 10:43 AM

18,527 posts, read 18,748,986 times
How dare he the creep. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...torney-n970821 Im going through some of the statements from women he is said to have sexually attacked.. now what do you make of this one... Im actually seeing a red flag .why would you want or take the role after being sexually assaulted by the star of that show.. if you were so creeped out and hurt why would you take or want the part.... Now I dont know if the man is guilty or not but doesnt this show something wrong , very wrong...surely a part in the show didnt overtake how affected she was with the attack.....

Lili Bernard, who said she was sexually assaulted before being given a one-time role on The Cosby Show, told NBC’s Today programme that she hopes the sentencing matches the severity of his crimes. https://www.independent.ie/style/cel...-36851841.html

Last edited by dizzybint; 02-14-2019 at 10:55 AM..

Old 02-14-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
While the Lockerbie bomber was in Barlinnie jail he was the toast of the place as he had an enormous tv his family had paid for..no way was he picked on or bullied he was a star.. its criminals and lowlifes we re dealing with...
If you ever are in Philly, there’s an old long-closed prison called Eastern State Penitentiary. They offer tours (and they make it haunted on Halloween but I bet it’s already full of ghosts). The most interesting part of the tour was a cell that housed Al Capone for a while. They recreated it exactly how it was when he was there. While every other cell was plain stone, his was decked out to the max, red velvet couch, even a piano!

Old 02-14-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Early in my career I worked in a prison. He would be put in segregation for a while, which happens with cops, celebrities, etc. People look down on rapists and child predators more than any other criminal. Saying everyone would want to be his buddy is ridiculous. That is the opposite of what happens with people like that. He is not doing easy time and I am sure he is miserable compared to the life he led. Honestly, I am shocked before this trial got started that he didn't decide to leave the country. Maybe his big ego thought he could win the case.

The only part you have correct is that he probably would not see any violence, and that is not because he is old, but because it would be made public and look bad on the prison.
I don’t think you’re right.

Old 02-14-2019, 10:48 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times
Quote:

I politely disagree with your blanket statements.
Go look up crimes committed by narcissist then come back and recind your statement.

I can separate the well written and duly performed actions by this man in his work field from his "personal" antics. A person CAN and often does excel in some area only to falter incredibly in another portion of their life. Yet there you sit, convinced and clouded in your perspective that its all or nothing involving this mans legacy. He is indeed lacking remorse, he is indeed doing his time for his actions. I believe that he is a culmination of some great on stage performances and acting , along with being conniving in his egregious acts upon ladies. He is both. Now since that is cleared up ...lets accept that this man is in jail and all his previous victims get to breath a sigh of relief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events