Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 06:07 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,442,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
He's in there for a minimal of 3 years, hardly punishment for a serial rapist.
Honestly, I didn't know that. I thought his sentence was longer. I wish his sentence was longer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2019, 06:58 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times
I don’t care if I never hear another word about this serial sexual predator.

Leave him alone and don’t give him another word of free press.

Old 02-14-2019, 07:18 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
He must like the Richard after all this time.
What is the Richard?

Old 02-14-2019, 07:42 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Honestly, I didn't know that. I thought his sentence was longer. I wish his sentence was longer.

It was bad enough that he was found guilty of being a serial rapist; but they should have given him extra time for drugging his victims. He isn't any doctor that was administering proper medication. The drugs he administered could have killed or injured his victims. If a manufacturer makes a mistake and sells an adulterated pharmaceutical it's all over the news. In Cosby's case it is like the law overlooked the gravity of playing doctor of god with his victims lives. That, in itself, should have sent him away for a very long time.

Old 02-14-2019, 07:46 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
Pudding Pop Pig.

Old 02-15-2019, 09:34 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,756,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
You obviously don't know him. I guarantee you he has convinced everyone in jail he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Everyone will adore him. He is extremely charismatic.
Well we really don't know what they think.

Old 02-15-2019, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
No I don't either. Some think I'm praising him, but I just think that's how it is. In jail, if you're a comedian people grew up laughing to, or a known athlete, or name other celebrities who are popular with guys, you're just not going to face the same dangers and threats other people will. Famous people are also more protected IMO, because they don't want the publicity of them getting hurt or beat up.

Cohen is in a country club prison for Jewish people only, no one's getting butt-raped and he's probably eating bagels and lox and watching a movie right now. It's just how it is. Cosby is in a worse position because he's alone a lot and in a "regular" prison, but I don't think he would have the same problems in general pop you or I would have. It doesn't mean I have any admiration for him whatsoever though.
Cohen is not in jail yet. Not till March. What fed prison is for Jews only? And none of them are country clubs. Martha Stewart was in a minimum security prison in W. VA. Not a great experience, I'm sure. Cohen is going away for much longer than she did. Manafort will probably spend the rest of his life in prison. Flynn may "go away" for a long time as well.

Old 02-15-2019, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post

The max he got was 10 years. The min is 3 years where he gets to apply for parole. In the meantime he is appealing the verdict. This has already had two trials. Enough. Enough of him. Enough of people trying to " salvage" his legacy too.

Old 02-15-2019, 10:01 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post

Cohen is in a country club prison for Jewish people only, no one's getting butt-raped and he's probably eating bagels and lox and watching a movie right now. It's just how it is. Cosby is in a worse position because he's alone a lot and in a "regular" prison, but I don't think he would have the same problems in general pop you or I would have. It doesn't mean I have any admiration for him whatsoever though.
I'm not sure where you come up with some of this stuff, but is no such thing in this country as a "prison for Jewish people only."

Um, Cohen isn't doing time yet. His date to go to prison is March 6.

He may be sentenced to a federal penitentiary in Otisville, N.Y. This tells a little about it and should make it clear that it isn't "for Jewish people only."

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/22/n...le-prison.html

Old 02-15-2019, 10:26 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Cohen is not in jail yet. Not till March. What fed prison is for Jews only? And none of them are country clubs. Martha Stewart was in a minimum security prison in W. VA. Not a great experience, I'm sure. Cohen is going away for much longer than she did. Manafort will probably spend the rest of his life in prison. Flynn may "go away" for a long time as well.
Ok I was wrong about the dates and perhaps non Jews are there too, but it’s certainly not the scary dangerous world of a typical prison. Plus who gets to choose what prison they go to?

“The minimum-security camp at the Federal Correctional Institution in Otisville, N.Y., has become an enclave for Jewish white-collar offenders.”

“For a Jewish person, there is no place like Otisville,” said Earl Seth David, 54, a former inmate who attended kosher meals, religious classes and weekly Shabbat services in the prison shul, a shared space where the Torah scrolls are locked up every night.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...rison.amp.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events