Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2019, 09:24 AM

2,660 posts, read 1,574,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyram View Post

I would agree though that the person it was wrongly delivered to should not have to pay in any way to return it nor have to schlep it back to the post office/UPS, etc. The rightful owner/company should have to jump through the hoops to get it back since they made the mistake and have it picked up at the place of delivery and pay all return expenses.
I would question this sentiment. When he signed for 2 boxes, it is clear that he knowingly accepted delivery of a second tv that he didn't order. Obviously the delivery driver had a brain fart that day, but the fact Memmo didn't make any effort to correct this mistake in my mind makes him somewhat responsible for getting it back to the shipping company - but of course at the very least he needed to cooperate to get it back to them.
It's not like he came home to find 2 tvs on his porch - he was there when both were delivered and he signed for both of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2019, 03:48 PM

15,626 posts, read 9,300,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
I would question this sentiment. When he signed for 2 boxes, it is clear that he knowingly accepted delivery of a second tv that he didn't order. Obviously the delivery driver had a brain fart that day, but the fact Memmo didn't make any effort to correct this mistake in my mind makes him somewhat responsible for getting it back to the shipping company - but of course at the very least he needed to cooperate to get it back to them.
It's not like he came home to find 2 tvs on his porch - he was there when both were delivered and he signed for both of them.
I don't know about you, but when a delivery man shows up and asks me to sign, I just sign, and take whatever he gives me. I don't start questioning him about how many packages there are. Who the hell does that? Most of the time the interaction takes about 10 seconds.

Old 03-29-2019, 04:02 PM

28,727 posts, read 18,967,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
I don't know about you, but when a delivery man shows up and asks me to sign, I just sign, and take whatever he gives me. I don't start questioning him about how many packages there are. Who the hell does that? Most of the time the interaction takes about 10 seconds.
That's pretty dumb.

Unabomber fodder.

I don't put my signature on anything I didn't ask for.

Old 03-29-2019, 04:21 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,976,675 times
Quote:
Understandable to an extent, Cloudy; if you typically order stuff like paper towels and cat food from Amazon and receive multiple packages per week. But I think most people who purchase TVs worth thousands of dollars are going to be a little more alert on days when those items are scheduled to be delivered and will probably notice if there are two large rectangular packages.

Old 03-29-2019, 05:02 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,574,973 times
Quote:
Then you must be quite a bubblehead not to notice 2 huge boxes instead of the one you are expecting.

Old 03-30-2019, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Understandable to an extent, Cloudy; if you typically order stuff like paper towels and cat food from Amazon and receive multiple packages per week. But I think most people who purchase TVs worth thousands of dollars are going to be a little more alert on days when those items are scheduled to be delivered and will probably notice if there are two large rectangular packages.
If I notice two packages, then I would expect the delivery guy knows what he is doing and intended to deliver two packages. Large items sometimes come in two packages. Example the TV in one package and the stand in the other.

Old 03-30-2019, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Then you must be quite a bubblehead not to notice 2 huge boxes instead of the one you are expecting.
I don't **** off delivery people by wasting their time. 99.99999% of them are smart enough to leave the right packages, without me having to question them about it. I have also done delivery work, and I can tell you that only 1% or 2% of people pay any attention to what they are signing. If you are one of them, then you are in the very small minority who do.

Old 03-30-2019, 08:14 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,108,834 times
Quote:
honest people do that and send it back if it is not theirs

Old 03-30-2019, 08:58 AM

9,984 posts, read 7,891,204 times
Quote:
We do. And who the H doesn't call the delivery company or the addressee when they realize they got (and maybe even signed for) someone else's package?

I was waiting for a box of custom shirts for an event, Fed Ex tracking showed it was delivered. When I called, they wouldn't give me any more info and made me go through the company I ordered from. They showed they addressed it to us and said they'd start an investigation with Fed Ex, which could take weeks. I called Fed Ex back and begged for them to tell me where they delivered it. She wouldn't say, but finally admitted it didn't go to our address but it was close.

So I went down the road, stopping at every business, asking if they had our box. Finally I find them at a tiny drive thru pizza place, sitting right in the kitchen, under a greasy counter. And the employees had helped themselves to a few of the shirts. Our company name and correct address was right there on the box.

In the TV case, if I was the judge, the first thing I would ask is for the receipt showing he paid for the second tv.

Old 03-30-2019, 01:09 PM

14,994 posts, read 23,998,839 times
Quote:
Who the hell questions a 7 foot, 300 pound box that get's delivered to there front door you ask? Just about everyone in the world with common sense.
Come on man....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events