Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2019, 10:23 PM

15,517 posts, read 9,211,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
This has already been addressed, multiple times. The shipping company made a mistaken delivery, and the shipping company attempted to rectify the situation.

Your continued insistence that this is a "free gift" is baffling.
Yes, it has been addressed but most here seem to not be able to comprehend it. I call it a free gift, because that is what both federal and state laws call it, in clear simple English, that most five year old children would be able to understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2019, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
You're either trolling or just dumb.

I highly doubt any of Amazon's call center employees would have "made a deal with him" about that particular TV.
Why wouldn't they? It would be in their best interest.

Hello Amazon, I just received an item that I didn't order. I don't want to return it, so I would like to pay for it.

Why would they say no?

Old 04-02-2019, 11:04 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,898,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post

Why would they say no?
Because Amazon doesn't take orders via the phone.

Give it up, Cloudy.

Quote:
Amazon orders can't be placed by phone. Amazon can help walk you through placing an order, if you can do the work, but will never take the order through their phone conversations.
https://www.wikihow.com/Buy-on-Amazon

By your *cough* logic, you'd be justified in keeping a misdelivered social security or tax return check and calling it a "gift." SMH.

Old 04-02-2019, 11:34 PM
Status: "It's WARY, or LEERY (weary means tired)" (set 15 days ago)

16,129 posts, read 21,267,051 times
RISK OF LOSS
"All purchases of physical items from Amazon are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier".

RETURNS, REFUNDS AND TITLE
"Amazon does not take title to returned items until the item arrives at our fulfillment center."

- https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...08088&pop-up=1

Pretty sure Amazon won't be selling a TV they don't actually own any longer.

Old 04-02-2019, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Because Amazon doesn't take orders via the phone.

Give it up, Cloudy.

https://www.wikihow.com/Buy-on-Amazon

By your *cough* logic, you'd be justified in keeping a misdelivered social security or tax return check and calling it a "gift." SMH.
You are not listening. There is no law that says you can keep a misdelivered social security or tax return check. I have already provided multiple laws that say you can keep unsolicited merchandise as a free gift. And the laws do not say, unless it's a delivery mix up.

Quote:
What do you do with Amazon packages you didn't order?

And what if you got someone else's package?
The reality of delivery services is that they will get it wrong sometimes. It's bound to happen with so many packages, with an address being misread or a package being misplaced.

This is a gray area. If you recognize the address, you are of course welcome to deliver it yourself. Sometimes it's a case of mistaken street number, and the package actually belongs to your neighbor. You can bring it to them and call it a day. If it's an address that's farther away, and you feel like taking a road trip, you can deliver it too. It would end up being a kind of no-harm, no-foul type of situation, as the package will ultimately end up where it was supposed to.

You don't have to do that, though. According to the Federal Trade Commission, you are not in any way obligated to make the delivery yourself. You are also not required to return it to Amazon. That means, in essence, you can treat it as a free gift. Hopefully, it's something cool!
What do you do with Amazon packages you didn't order_ _ Komando.com

Old 04-03-2019, 12:03 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,898,500 times
I know the nuances involved here are hard for you to understand, Cloudy.

https://turnto10.com/news/local/not-...livered-to-him

Quote:
Police said the larger TV was clearly labeled for someone else, therefore trumping the FTC guidelines.

NBC 10 legal analyst Mark Dana said the law is clear.

“It’s absolutely not finders keepers under any circumstances. If you are unjustly enriched somehow, whether it’s an extra TV or some extra money or something, you’re best avenue is to return it. Because if you don’t, you’re going to be subject to some type of judgment against you,” Dana said.
I think I'll take the word of the legal analyst referenced in the article over someone who blogs as a "digital goddess."

Old 04-03-2019, 12:12 AM

15,715 posts, read 9,575,429 times
I like Kim Kommando on the few times I have listened to her show. There is no way in hell I would take her advice on this under any circumstance. There's a reason the man is in trouble with the police and I am pretty sure it's not because he's in the right and the police and the DAs are wrong.

Old 04-03-2019, 01:15 AM

472 posts, read 328,316 times
Unjust enrichment

Old 04-03-2019, 02:48 AM

24,841 posts, read 9,605,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
This has already been addressed, multiple times. The shipping company made a mistaken delivery, and the shipping company attempted to rectify the situation.

Your continued insistence that this is a "free gift" is baffling.
He's just trolling at this point. Everyone with a brain know there is no "free gift" and that the rightful owner and company will both track down where there product actually went.

Even if you found $1M in your bank account one day, obivously due to error, you wouldn't be entitled to keep it.

Old 04-03-2019, 05:38 AM

9,392 posts, read 7,029,776 times
If the shipping company leaves something on my doorstep it’s mine.

If the shipping company leaves my package on the doorstep and somebody steals it then I am not compensated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events