Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2021, 07:20 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,381,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
How would you know?
Because like billions of other men I underwent the same procedure ?

Old 04-06-2021, 10:41 AM

8,299 posts, read 3,808,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Because like billions of other men I underwent the same procedure ?
Billions? Not quite. It's not as common as you think.

Old 04-06-2021, 11:45 AM

8,480 posts, read 6,884,817 times
So I’m not familiar with law in the UK. There must be some kind of compensation in the works. How serious was this particular malpractice. Circumcision of males is a universally recognized medical procedure that can reduce the incidence of infections. Does this particular case involve bad doctoring and violation of religious practices?

Old 04-06-2021, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
So I’m not familiar with law in the UK. There must be some kind of compensation in the works. How serious was this particular malpractice. Circumcision of males is a universally recognized medical procedure that can reduce the incidence of infections. Does this particular case involve bad doctoring and violation of religious practices?
I would hope there would be an opportunity to receive compensation for malpractice.

Circumcision only reduces infections in people who don't shower/clean properly for otherwise healthy people. It's not universally recognized as a medical procedure for this purpose.

Old 04-06-2021, 11:58 AM

19,615 posts, read 12,215,689 times
Quote:

I'm really confused with this question.

Someone got a body part cut off due to medical error. That should be enough reason -wth with bad doctoring or religion? Who cares who else decides to mutilate their kids or themselves because oh no, infection (ever hear of antibiotics?) This guy was lucky enough to have been left alone and intact.

Guy should have gotten 24M not 24k.

Old 04-06-2021, 12:25 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,381,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
Billions? Not quite. It's not as common as you think.
Just counting muslim males that's close to a billion. Not even counting previous generations. African males muslim or not are circumsized, always have been. Billions I am telling you.

Old 04-06-2021, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Just counting muslim males that's close to a billion. Not even counting previous generations. African males muslim or not are circumsized, always have been. Billions I am telling you.
Muslims are circumsised as boys... not as men. Men have not been circumcised by the Billions.

Old 04-06-2021, 12:59 PM

5,462 posts, read 5,705,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
I would hope there would be an opportunity to receive compensation for malpractice.

Circumcision only reduces infections in people who don't shower/clean properly for otherwise healthy people. It's not universally recognized as a medical procedure for this purpose.
Circumcision reduces infections like cutting off your feet reduces incidence of athlete's foot.
There is a reason why 99.99% of men who are not circumcised do not elect to do it when they are thinking and conscious adults. This and similar body mutilation procedures only work on babies or boys who do not have mental capacity yet to give informed consent. Virtually no grown men would consent to circumcision unless for religious or monetary reasons, similar to if it would have been something else, like cutting off your ear lobes for example for cultural/religious reasons.

Old 04-06-2021, 02:49 PM

8,480 posts, read 6,884,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post

I'm really confused with this question.

Someone got a body part cut off due to medical error. That should be enough reason -wth with bad doctoring or religion? Who cares who else decides to mutilate their kids or themselves because oh no, infection (ever hear of antibiotics?) This guy was lucky enough to have been left alone and intact.

Guy should have gotten 24M not 24k.
They didn’t lob off his entire Willy just a little piece of foreskin. Everything still works.

Old 04-06-2021, 02:56 PM

17,150 posts, read 15,357,409 times
Quote:
They didn’t lob off his entire Willy just a little piece of foreskin. Everything still works.
Okay... Let's cut off your earlobes, just because... Your ears will still work, right?
Who needs hair? Let's just permanently laser off women's hair. Won't matter. You can live without.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events