Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2019, 05:55 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
It ran out of enough hosts. Vast majority of adult had measles as a child, and couldn't catch it again or spread it. Same for teens and older children, since both parents and doctors wanted them to catch these diseases as young as possible.

Then the birthrate declined; fewer babies being born so fewer new young children to catch it. This was the original concept of "herd immunity". When the vast majority has already had measles and immune, fewer will be able to catch it. They hijacked this concept for vaccination purposes.
That's the reason there were peaks and valleys in incidence. However, it doesn't explain death rate. Neither does your second paragraph. There have been >3,000,000 births every year, meaning 3,000,000 kids with no immunity to measles, since 1950. From 1912, the first year that measles was reportable through 1922 there were ~6000 deaths reported annually. For about the last decade before the vaccine became available, there were 400-500 deaths reported annually, a drop of about 90%. Everyone was still getting measles, but medical science had gotten better at keeping people alive.

https://www.infoplease.com/us/births...rth-rates-year
https://www.statista.com/statistics/...es-since-1990/
https://www.cdc.gov/measles/about/history.html

Old 04-08-2019, 07:59 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
It ran out of enough hosts. Vast majority of adult had measles as a child, and couldn't catch it again or spread it. Same for teens and older children, since both parents and doctors wanted them to catch these diseases as young as possible.

Then the birthrate declined; fewer babies being born so fewer new young children to catch it. This was the original concept of "herd immunity". When the vast majority has already had measles and immune, fewer will be able to catch it. They hijacked this concept for vaccination purposes.
What Kat said. Every baby born is a potential new measles victim.

The current concept of herd immunity is the same as the "original concept". Everyone who is immune contributes to herd immunity, whether by virtue of having been infected with diseases or by being vaccinated against it. Nothing was "hijacked".

Quote:
A 1 year old, who is walking, can sleep in any position he wants to. lol
https://safetosleep.nichd.nih.gov/re...e/backsleeping

Old 04-09-2019, 12:03 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,862,705 times
Quote:
Seriously? Born before 1957? Don't need that MMR. Born before 1980? Don't need that chicken Pox vax, but maybe you need a Shingles Vaccination!!!!

Check Birth Certificates for ages of all the Visitors too?
Yes, what we're able to do with vaccines has progressed since then, hasn't it? Would you want a neurosurgeon from 1957, if you needed a brain tumor removed? An oncologist from 1957? If you needed a knee replaced, would you want it done with 1957 protocols and technology? Then why are you hearkening back to that time for what's reasonable to expect for vaccinations?

Old 04-09-2019, 12:12 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Please provide a peer reviewed source that shows that adverse reactions to vaccines "involve immune-mediated changes to cells, neurons & synapses that cannot be healed once the injury occurs."

Most adverse reactions are not serious and resolve with no permanent effects.
Ah. Trying to lure me down the rabbit hole of Antivaccine ...

See, anything or anyone who says anything negative about vaccines is Antivaccine. Being Antivaccine = hippy, idiot, stupid, clownish, crank, quack, ... etc ... Mainstream media has practiced “responsible reporting”, AKA: pro vaccine news only for years. Just recently agreements were made with Google, YouTube, Facebook & Pintrist to do the same with agreements made to adhere to “community standards”.

The censorship is done with keyword search algorithms, de-monetizing & removal of pages & an actual entire new department created for the purpose of quashing all Antivaccine communications. Understand this; anything, including serious scientific research, will be quashed into obscurity under the guise of being Antivaccine.

There have been plenty of peer-reviewed studies that have found a strong association between vaccines & brain damage. But see; those are Antivaccine studies. Surely done by Antivaccine scientists & only published online by Antivaccine websites.

Just recently, an extremely well credentialed & respected doctor was turned on by his own; simply for stating that the research shows there is a very small population of children for whom vaccines may be causing autism. His special label has been: “A useful idiot for the Antivaccine”: Statement from Andrew W. Zimmerman, MD, Professor of Pediatrics and Neurology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, January 15, 2018

Quote:
As a pediatric neurologist and member of the American Medical Association, the American Academy of Pediatrics, the Child Neurology Society, the American Academy of Neurology and the American Neurological Association, I strongly support the importance of vaccines for all children.

I have spoken with many parents of children with ASD over the years who feel strongly that their children developed ASD due to vaccines and I have vigorously defended the importance of vaccines as the best way to prevent many serious diseases.

I have practiced pediatric neurology for 42 years, recently retiring from clinical practice. A primary interest of mine has been autism spectrum disorder, or ASD, for 33 years, especially with respect to its possible causes and treatments.

In my research, I have investigated immune aspects of autism, such as neuroinflammation and maternal antibodies. In 2006, I co-authored a case report of a child who developed ASD following immunizations and was found to have a cellular energy (mitochondrial) disorder.

Subsequently, other publications by myself, by colleagues and by researchers at other institutions supported the concept that underlying mitochondrial abnormalities in some children may contribute to their development of ASD, especially in those who undergo regression, or loss of skills following normal development.
This is what happened prior to the Omnibus Autism Proceeding (OAP):
Quote:
Three days before I was scheduled to testify, I spoke with DOJ attorneys about my revised opinion, that there may be a subset of children who are at risk for regression if they have underlying mitochondrial dysfunction and are simultaneously exposed to factors that stress their mitochondrial reserve (which is critical for the developing brain). Such factors might include infections, as well as metabolic and immune factors, and vaccines.

I was subsequently asked by the DOJ not to testify.
https://respectfulinsolence.com/wp-c...6-2019-mls.pdf

Many of the studies I could have cited in 2016 are now gone from the pages of scientific research journals. The sweeping effect of the agreements, algorithms & media blackout have ensured that any valid safety concerns are dismissed as Antivaccine & the public is left extremely vulnerable.

I believe that vaccine injury includes brain damage based on the cytokines & altered microglia in the brains of people with autism that results in dysfunctional synaptic pruning & the subsequent synaptic overgrowth. Those cytokines are biomarkers of a viral immune response. Vaccines stimulate viral immune responses. So do viruses. But nobody ever says “my kid regressed after having a virus”.

A potentially career ending study from Brazil:

Quote:
Postvaccinal neurological complications:

There are several mechanisms that justify the complications. The immune mechanism is the most important, involving antigenic similarity with components of the nervous system or autoimmune diseases triggering in a predisposed individual.

In a survey during 20 years in the United States occurred 1396 cases of encephalitis after immunization. The responsible vaccines were: hepatitis B (354 cases, 25.5%), influenza vaccination (208 cases, 14.9%), vaccination for measles, mumps and rubella-MMR (208 cases, 14.9%) and vaccination for Haemophilus influenza type B (120 cases - 8.6%).

Narcolepsy: Szakács et al identified 37 children with narcolepsy. Nine of them started their symptoms before vaccination against H1N1 virus and 28 had onset of their symptoms related to vaccination. The average children age was 10 years. All affected after vaccination were positive for HLA DQB1*0602. These children also had very fast onset of their symptoms. This relationship had been related in some cases after streptococcal infection. Probably, the mimicry antigenic between the vaccine and cells producing hypocretin is the pathogenic mechanisms.
Postvaccinal neurological complications

Old 04-09-2019, 01:03 AM

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post

See, anything or anyone who says anything negative about vaccines is Antivaccine. Being Antivaccine = hippy, idiot, stupid, clownish, crank, quack, ... etc ... Mainstream media has practiced “responsible reporting”, AKA: pro vaccine news only for years. Just recently agreements were made with Google, YouTube, Facebook & Pintrist to do the same with agreements made to adhere to “community standards”.

The censorship is done with keyword search algorithms, de-monetizing & removal of pages & an actual entire new department created for the purpose of quashing all Antivaccine communications. Understand this; anything, including serious scientific research, will be quashed into obscurity under the guise of being Antivaccine.

There have been plenty of peer-reviewed studies that have found a strong association between vaccines & brain damage. But see; those are Antivaccine studies. Surely done by Antivaccine scientists & only published online by Antivaccine websites.
In other words, there is a worldwide conspiracy to cover up adverse reactions to vaccines.

Quote:
Just recently, an extremely well credentialed & respected doctor was turned on by his own; simply for stating that the research shows there is a very small population of children for whom vaccines may be causing autism. His special label has been: “A useful idiot for the Antivaccine”: Statement from Andrew W. Zimmerman, MD, Professor of Pediatrics and Neurology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, January 15, 2018

This is what happened prior to the Omnibus Autism Proceeding (OAP): https://respectfulinsolence.com/wp-c...6-2019-mls.pdf
Why not link to the entire Respectful Insolence piece?

https://respectfulinsolence.com/2019...isson-is-back/

It appears Dr. Zimmerman's idea of his own importance is a bit overstated.

Mitochondrial disease is not autism.

Quote:
Many of the studies I could have cited in 2016 are now gone from the pages of scientific research journals. The sweeping effect of the agreements, algorithms & media blackout have ensured that any valid safety concerns are dismissed as Antivaccine & the public is left extremely vulnerable.
Nothing ever disappears from the internet. Have you heard of the Wayback Machine? Do you have a title and author for any of those "gone" articles?

Quote:
I believe that vaccine injury includes brain damage based on the cytokines & altered microglia in the brains of people with autism that results in dysfunctional synaptic pruning & the subsequent synaptic overgrowth. Those cytokines are biomarkers of a viral immune response. Vaccines stimulate viral immune responses. So do viruses. But nobody ever says “my kid regressed after having a virus”.
Of course not. If it were a virus there would be no one to sue.

Autism is a complex genetic condition.

Quote:

That is not a "study"; it's a case report followed by a list of known adverse reactions to vaccines, all of which are very rare.

There is nothing "potentially career ending" about it.

Flu vaccine does not cause MS. From the National Multiple Sclerosis Society:

https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Li...s/Vaccinations

"The 2018-19 inactivated seasonal flu immunization is recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for everyone over 6 months of age. The seasonal flu vaccine has been studied extensively in people with MS and is considered quite safe, regardless of the disease-modifying therapy they are taking. People with MS should use the inactivated flu vaccine and avoid the live, attenuated vaccine (nasal spray)."

"A study by the Vaccines in Multiple Sclerosis Study Group published in 2001 in the New England Journal of Medicine found that vaccination for tetanus, hepatitis B or influenza did not appear to increase the short-term risk of relapses (also called attacks or exacerbations) in people with MS."

"A review of data from the complete electronic medical health records of Kaiser Permanente Southern California between 2008 and 2011, published in JAMA Neurology, found no long-term association of vaccines with MS or any other acquired central nervous system demyelinating disease."

Old 04-09-2019, 05:22 AM

10,232 posts, read 6,319,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
What Kat said. Every baby born is a potential new measles victim.

The current concept of herd immunity is the same as the "original concept". Everyone who is immune contributes to herd immunity, whether by virtue of having been infected with diseases or by being vaccinated against it. Nothing was "hijacked".

https://safetosleep.nichd.nih.gov/re...e/backsleeping
Reading comprehension. Your article is about NEWBORNS, not 1 year olds who can roll over, sit up, and stand up in their cribs all on their own. Strap them down in the crib so they cannot move off their backs?

Old 04-09-2019, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Reading comprehension. Your article is about NEWBORNS, not 1 year olds who can roll over, sit up, and stand up in their cribs all on their own. Strap them down in the crib so they cannot move off their backs?

By the time they can do all of those things they are past the highest risk of SIDS. Most SIDS deaths happen before six months of age.

https://www.webmd.com/parenting/baby/what-is-sids#2

"Put your baby on her back to sleep. Once she can roll over on her own, it’s safe for her to sleep on her tummy. Until then, remember this phrase: “back to sleep.” It’ll help keep your baby’s odds of having SIDS much lower."

Old 04-09-2019, 06:45 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post

This is what happened prior to the Omnibus Autism Proceeding (OAP): https://respectfulinsolence.com/wp-c...6-2019-mls.pdf

Well said.

Old 04-09-2019, 06:54 AM

10,232 posts, read 6,319,495 times
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/washing...utbreak-grows/

This legislation to to eliminate the Philosophical Exemption, not the Religious Exemption. You do know if it passes what will happen?

NYS only has a Religious Exemption. That is far more difficult to eliminate (as happened in NJ), especially when it comes to Religious Schools like those in Orthodox Jewish Communities in Rockland and NYC.

Old 04-09-2019, 07:19 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,806,429 times
Quote:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/washing...utbreak-grows/

This legislation to to eliminate the Philosophical Exemption, not the Religious Exemption. You do know if it passes what will happen?

NYS only has a Religious Exemption. That is far more difficult to eliminate (as happened in NJ), especially when it comes to Religious Schools like those in Orthodox Jewish Communities in Rockland and NYC.
New York State currently has a medical and religious exemption. The proposed bill would eliminate only the religious exemption. If it passes, they’d be the 4th state to eliminate any exemptions other than medical. California, Mississippi and West Virginia are the current states with this policy.

Here’s a link (your link was about Washington State):

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...xemption%3famp

Last edited by UNC4Me; 04-09-2019 at 07:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events