Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 12:32 PM

102,260 posts, read 108,277,635 times

Advertisements

It happened in the US in the 1980's; one baby was Black and one was White. And there have been other cases in the US, presented on talk shows, as another poster mentioned.

People sometimes comment on cases like that, "They they're not twins!". People don't understand the concept of twins. Fraternal twins don't resemble each other, but that doesn't mean they're not twins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2019, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Isnt it odd twins must be registered at a police station. Why not at a hospital.
Isnt it odd parent were required to have a DNA test. I thought DNA tests were requested in China and the government was even restricting them.

Isnt it odd a father would think his newborn must look like him.
I can't help wondering how he could even tell whether a newborn looked like him or not. You can't really discern their features until they mature a bit, in many cases.

Old 03-29-2019, 12:46 PM

36,690 posts, read 31,000,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
Probably because twins came out looking different? Since they only share a mother, they are not even full siblings technically.
Fraternal twins often look very different. I worked with two people who both had fraternal twins. They look like they are siblings but that is about it.

I know lots of kids who look nothing like their parents, or they look like one parent. Appearances have little to do with paternity unless they are a completely different race.

I think babies just look like babies.

Old 03-29-2019, 03:28 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,479,259 times
Not in the case of my daughter. From shortly after birth she strongly resembled her mother. Her initials are CCH. I took to calling her CC. Short for carbon copy.

I know she's my daughter, she's got my eyes and some quirks that I do.

Old 03-30-2019, 03:09 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,527,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It happened in the US in the 1980's; one baby was Black and one was White. And there have been other cases in the US, presented on talk shows, as another poster mentioned.

People sometimes comment on cases like that, "They they're not twins!". People don't understand the concept of twins. Fraternal twins don't resemble each other, but that doesn't mean they're not twins.
Fraternal twins have nothing more in common than any other siblings, just shared a uterus at the same time.

Old 03-30-2019, 05:17 AM

43,792 posts, read 44,572,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maus View Post
I had never heard of this happening before, but it is possible, just extremely rare. When twins have different fathers, it is called heteropaternal superfecundation.

Woman gives birth to twins with different dads after cheating on husband

(metro.co.uk) A woman in China has reportedly given birth to twin boys with different fathers. Results of DNA tests meant the new mother had to admit she had cheated on her husband in a one-night stand, after initially denying she had an affair, according to Xiamen-based newspaper, Strait Herald.
Although rare I have heard of this before.

Here is even a rarer story of a woman who gave birth to twins after giving birth just one month prior to a baby boy. The woman has 2 uteruses.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-47729118

Old 03-30-2019, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Fraternal twins have nothing more in common than any other siblings, just shared a uterus at the same time.
That was exactly my point. Many people think, that the definition of "twins" is not only that they were born together, but that they resemble each other.

Old 03-30-2019, 11:25 AM

325 posts, read 208,758 times
Years ago, there was a case where a husband visited his mistress. Mistress had recently had sex with her boyfriend. Husband had sex with his mistress and then came home and had sex with his wife. Wife got pregnant and gave birth to a child fathered by the boyfriend.

Old 03-30-2019, 12:21 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,059,322 times
Momma's baby, papa's maybe.

Old 03-30-2019, 12:39 PM

758 posts, read 553,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralUSHomeowner View Post
Years ago, there was a case where a husband visited his mistress. Mistress had recently had sex with her boyfriend. Husband had sex with his mistress and then came home and had sex with his wife. Wife got pregnant and gave birth to a child fathered by the boyfriend.
At least, that's the wife's story. And she's sticking to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events