Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2019, 08:35 AM

29,528 posts, read 22,740,295 times

Advertisements

Ewww, how stupid not to use a condom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2019, 09:18 AM

11,089 posts, read 6,681,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
To find out more about this and other really weird forms of "inheritance", read She Has Her Mother's Laugh: The Powers, Perversions, and Potential of Heredity, by Carl Zimmer. One of these involves situations where a mother becomes the genetic child of her child. It's complicated, but fascinating. Generally speaking, though, the author dissolves the old dichotomy between nurture and nature in humans and other forms of life.
Hey, thanks, man! I just ordered it from my online library. Love this kind of stuff!

Old 03-31-2019, 09:21 AM

11,089 posts, read 6,681,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Although rare I have heard of this before.

Here is even a rarer story of a woman who gave birth to twins after giving birth just one month prior to a baby boy. The woman has 2 uteruses.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-47729118
This brings up more questions than it answers. How can you be pregnant with twins and not know it during the first delivery? That is the weirdest thing!

Old 04-01-2019, 01:43 AM

4,510 posts, read 4,638,732 times
I have wondered that for a long time. I use to run around with 2 brothers who are twins and they look nothing at all alike. They don't even look like they are related to one another, much less each other's twin brother.

I never said anything to either of the brothers about it, but in the back of my mind I couldn't help but wonder if maybe their mother had sex with a man and got pregnant, and then within a very short period of time, like less than an hour later, she had sex with another man and got pregnant again, thus, making her pregnant with "twins" by 2 different men/baby daddys.

I was told by different people it would be impossible for a womam to be pregnant with twins by 2 different men but still, I'm not convinced it's impossible and I don't believe for a minute my twin friends have the same father.

Old 04-01-2019, 02:03 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,519,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
I have wondered that for a long time. I use to run around with 2 brothers who are twins and they look nothing at all alike. They don't even look like they are related to one another, much less each other's twin brother.

I never said anything to either of the brothers about it, but in the back of my mind I couldn't help but wonder if maybe their mother had sex with a man and got pregnant, and then within a very short period of time, like less than an hour later, she had sex with another man and got pregnant again, thus, making her pregnant with "twins" by 2 different men/baby daddys.

I was told by different people it would be impossible for a womam to be pregnant with twins by 2 different men but still, I'm not convinced it's impossible and I don't believe for a minute my twin friends have the same father.
It's all about ovulation. Dizgotic is fraternal. Separate eggs released and fertilized. Twins, in that case, are related to each only as much as regular siblings. What you are describing is possible though rare. I looked it up. Heteropaternal Superfecundation. Google it. Fascinating.

Old 04-01-2019, 06:35 AM

9,380 posts, read 7,003,158 times
Semen can live in that environment for days... Just happened to be two lucky swimmers made it to the egg for fertilization.

Sounds like an episode from Maury Povich... When it comes to baby latron you are indeed not the father. When it comes to baby Timmy you are the father. Congrats?

Old 04-01-2019, 07:01 AM

36,655 posts, read 30,960,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Although rare I have heard of this before.

Here is even a rarer story of a woman who gave birth to twins after giving birth just one month prior to a baby boy. The woman has 2 uteruses.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-47729118
I worked with a guy whose wife had two uteruses.

Old 04-01-2019, 07:33 AM

9,380 posts, read 7,003,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I worked with a guy whose wife had two uteruses.
Wow how does that come up in a work conversation?

Old 04-01-2019, 08:19 AM

36,655 posts, read 30,960,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Wow how does that come up in a work conversation?

They were trying to conceive. It was an issue.
You would probably be embarrassed or disgusted at what topics come up among biologists at the lunch table. We know way too much about each others (spouses and kids) anatomy and bodily functions or malfunctions.

Old 04-02-2019, 04:10 AM

11,201 posts, read 9,106,931 times
Lady needed to have sex with both men unprotected within days of each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events