Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 06:52 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,613 posts, read 17,940,183 times

Advertisements

I'm leaning heavily toward the conclusion that she went there for a hike and fell, no foul play.

And at this point, it seems likely she won't ever be found, ever. The time to use heat signature technology to find her is over; the time where she could call out to searchers is over. The time when her bright white top would be easy to see is ending - it won't remain white for long in that environment.

Hoping for a miracle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2019, 07:13 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,524,309 times
It's not look good. I recall a case a few years back where a young woman disappeared and then just reappeared one day and went in for a mental evaluation or something similar. I know it's not likely but I'm hoping this one just needed to get away and will turn up somewhere, somehow.

Old 05-17-2019, 07:14 AM

23,862 posts, read 33,533,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm leaning heavily toward the conclusion that she went there for a hike and fell, no foul play.

And at this point, it seems likely she won't ever be found, ever. The time to use heat signature technology to find her is over; the time where she could call out to searchers is over. The time when her bright white top would be easy to see is ending - it won't remain white for long in that environment.

Hoping for a miracle.
They were asking for dogs that can smell remains. They're doing a great job looking for her and being realistic that the outcome may not be that she's found alive. It's rare to see family and friends this vocal and organized to run such a large operation of searchers and volunteers plus posting on facebook, manning a few different email addy's and whoever is the one in charge of downloading and organizing search info from the apps people are using.

Old 05-17-2019, 07:36 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,901 times
What kind of wild animals can u expect to encounter where she was hiking?

Just watched a youtube video...couple hiking an Canada were being stalked by black bear...for a while they kept talking to it as it would get closer and then fade back, closer, fade back, climb a tree...the bear was sizing up the risk obviously
they made it back to the car

Old 05-17-2019, 07:43 AM

29,509 posts, read 22,630,868 times
Boyfriend speaks

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/missing-ma...opstories.html

Quote:
Wednesday evening was when it started for me," Konkol told ABC News. "I came home and her car wasn't home, which wasn't that untypical, a little strange that I didn't get a text message, but she likes to do her own thing and I respect that. It did, however, start to get later with no sign of her and I started having that weird feeling, ya know that gut feeling, that something wasn't right."

"Hopefully if I go to bed, sometime she'll just crawl in tonight having lost her phone or got caught up with some friends."

"I didn't even bring water or anything, I was just in my car in a second, convinced that I could just go and find her," he said.

She's my soulmate, she's the love of my life and I feel that she's still out there. ... I'd really like to stop spending my evenings alone and have my love back."

Old 05-17-2019, 08:49 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,158,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
They were asking for dogs that can smell remains. They're doing a great job looking for her and being realistic that the outcome may not be that she's found alive. It's rare to see family and friends this vocal and organized to run such a large operation of searchers and volunteers plus posting on facebook, manning a few different email addy's and whoever is the one in charge of downloading and organizing search info from the apps people are using.
Shouldn't the police already have been using search and rescue, and cadaver dogs?

Old 05-17-2019, 09:01 AM

23,862 posts, read 33,533,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Shouldn't the police already have been using search and rescue, and cadaver dogs?
From what I read they brought in SAR dogs but not cadaver. I'm unsure if LE went back in to search for her after they called it off.

Old 05-17-2019, 10:49 AM

102,193 posts, read 107,823,938 times
The foliage in the area looks like, as her bf acknowledged, they could have walked right past her, and not known. How frustrating! This is one reason dogs are needed in the search.

Old 05-17-2019, 11:19 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,613 posts, read 17,940,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The foliage in the area looks like, as her bf acknowledged, they could have walked right past her, and not known. How frustrating! This is one reason dogs are needed in the search.
Here's an aerial map of the parking lot where her car was located.

I completely agree with you. Trying to find her under that canopy is like trying to see through the top of a head of broccoli.

https://www.bing.com/maps?&cp=20.832...lvl=19&style=h

Old 05-17-2019, 11:53 AM

102,193 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Here's an aerial map of the parking lot where her car was located.

I completely agree with you. Trying to find her under that canopy is like trying to see through the top of a head of broccoli.

https://www.bing.com/maps?&cp=20.832...lvl=19&style=h
And I wasn't even talking about the trees! The plants on the ground are tall--look like waist-height or above, and have large leaves. She could be on the ground, underneath those, passed out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events