Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 07:59 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,963,230 times

Advertisements

KCZ...exactly.

driving illegally, or anything (immigration) else ain't no big deal, anymore.
get caught, your bad, try again. no hard feelings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2019, 03:37 AM

32,927 posts, read 36,335,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
I'm not sure that would have prevented this situation. CT notified MA that they had picked up this guy for violations that merited a license suspension, and MA failed to act. Until MA took some action and suspended his license, there wouldn't have been a suspension to enter into a database. And this idiot had previously been picked up for driving with a suspended license anyway, so suspending it again may not have kept him off the road.
It doesn't keep them off of the road. If they can get their hands on keys, they can drive. I used to have to hide my car keys from a relative with a suspended license.

Old 07-10-2019, 09:17 AM

22,327 posts, read 29,417,031 times
This situation is so horrible. I don't even know what to say

Old 07-10-2019, 10:00 AM

19,802 posts, read 9,349,573 times
The following applies to so many issues today:

Why have rules if they and the associated penalties are not going to be enforced?

That is one of the first things I learned as a parent, and it just boggles my mind that government (national, state, or whatever agency) has not learned this!

Old 07-10-2019, 11:16 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,924,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I wouldn't "blame them," but when you do some of these things, you knowingly are running at a higher risk of severe injury or death.

I was in Acadia National Park in Maine two weeks ago today. TONS of bicyclists on that loop road around the island. You'd barely see them going around a blind turn. I see them on the Blue Ridge Park all the time. The bicyclists are what get me - they're a danger to themselves and to motorists.
Right it's not about blame. The fact remains that these are higher risk activities. I once had a serious bicycling accident on public road which nearly killed me. Now, I only ride on bike trails. Sure it's easy to yammer on about how bikes and motorcycles have the same right of way as autos - but the laws of physics don't change based on opinions.

No matter how careful you are, drive/ride long enough and odds are that eventually you will have a collision. Might be your fault, might be another's fault - might be no one's fault. The question is, when you finally do have that collision, are you willing to take the risk of being exposed to instant serious bodily injury as you will be on a a motorcycle or bicycle? Or would you rather be in a structure with crash protections and air bags?

Have no problem with people taking that risk as long as they do it knowingly.

Old 08-02-2019, 12:23 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,538,866 times
Truck driver was on drugs, reaching for drink at time of deadly New Hampshire crash, report says

"The truck driver who killed seven motorcyclists when he crossed a double-yellow line on a highway in rural New Hampshire was high on drugs and claims he was reaching for a drink just before the collision, according to a federal inspection report."

Old 08-02-2019, 01:34 PM

29,511 posts, read 22,636,772 times
Death penalty

Old 08-02-2019, 02:01 PM

4,430 posts, read 2,704,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
The following applies to so many issues today:

Why have rules if they and the associated penalties are not going to be enforced?

That is one of the first things I learned as a parent, and it just boggles my mind that government (national, state, or whatever agency) has not learned this!
And yet, the crime rate has been steadily declining for decades.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...sa-since-1990/

You see, you throw out this dogma, but you don't actually stop to check if it actually jibes with reality.

And it doesn't.

Old 08-02-2019, 03:26 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,555,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Death penalty
Agree, and every government employee responsible for not revoking his cdl and dl after his dui fired immediately.
What do you bet the only thing that happens is this sorry sack of sh$t gets less than 5 years?

Old 08-02-2019, 04:50 PM
KCZ

4,666 posts, read 3,662,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Death penalty

The State of New Hampshire, in its infinite wisdom, voted to repeal its death penalty 3 weeks before this incident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events