Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2022, 02:16 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,823,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
He will get a severe sentence. No reason to think he wouldn't. It doesn't meet any of the criteria for the death penalty, however.
Nope. He's off scott free. But ICE is on his case now, and is looking to deport him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2022, 02:27 PM

19,610 posts, read 12,212,859 times
He shouldn't have been driving but it looks like one of the bikers caused the accident by crossing the line and hitting the tire of his truck.? He's been in jail for a few years. What a mess.

Old 08-11-2022, 07:58 AM

23,862 posts, read 33,533,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
As a 50+ yr CDL driver (and motorcyclist), I'm skeptical of the way the legal manuvering has changed the expected and deserved outcome.

Of course the accused should have the protection of the law, but according to the CDL restrictions all of us are held to, this driver was not allowed to be driving due to previous offenses. Yet he was still using illegal substances, and still driving commercially ! And likely will be driving tomorrow, and maybe drove commercially yesterday

It now sounds as if the motorcyclist crossed Centerline, and was also impaired. (New information?, accident reconstruction?)

You have me beat for a motorcycle license by 10 years so I'm interested in the case due to him hitting a bunch of bikers. Someone I used to know is paralyzed due to someone intentionally swerving to take them out because they were on both sides of him. The guy I knew landed in a ditch, almost drowning due to his full face helmet filling with water. I know others who have been involved in accidents, one guy almost lost his leg.

While some of the articles make it sound like they were in a "biker gang," they were ex-Marines who rode together.

My hub has a CDL too, I know the laws are pretty strict, especially about the last 5 to 10 years anyway, especially with log books and e-logs now.

It's infuriating that he continued to hold his CDL with as many accidents and drug offenses as he recently had from what I had researched back when this thread was started. If I'm remembering right, it seemed like he crossed state lines in order to evade it stopping him. He had just had an "incident," I'm calling it an incident because I don't recall specifics, I think it was an accident where he was intoxicated or on drugs. He then fled IMO to Mass to continue driving a truck, still hoping to avoid detection, which apparently he did which blows my mind, especially these days with everything being entered directly into databases such as tickets.

I did find a new article with a timeline of his driving history, he was charged before even having a license in 2012 which he got off of some how. Specifics are not mentioned in the time line. That one didn't really matter because it seems that as soon as he got his drivers license he was running up tickets for DUI or drugged driving. I believe driving while suspended too. In fact, there are only 2 years when he did not have a drunk, drug, or accident charge, I wonder if he was suspended during 2015 and 2016. I find it hard to believe he stopped driving, especially due to his history of giving false information. Of course he was soon charged again in 2017...

Yes, apparently in 2020 it came out that the accident reconstruction found the motorcycle had crossed the line into his lane, thus "causing" the accident, plus the biker was also drunk or impaired, so a "loop hole".

Since the accused had not gotten citizenship here, ICE is looking to deport him, which they probably will like Joe Guidice from "Real housewives of NJ." I've been trying to google his immigration history but am not finding it. I can't recall right now if it's something I looked into but knowing me, I will be surprised if I did not because I'm thinking he came here as a child who did not get his citizenship when he turned an adult which is stupid. He did however get permanent resident status so according to what I'm reading, he will probably not get deported because they technically can't for some reason or another.

He is now in ICE custody, so he's been released from jail. Now it is just a matter of time before he has his day in immigration court, but like everything, it's probably backed up due to COVID.

An article linked below says that they have to prove he is a flight risk or threat to the community in order to hold him in ICE custody. If they do not, they will have to release him.

A person is saying that he is a permanent resident so ICE should not even be involved. He is also saying that since he is a citizen of Ukraine he gets temporary protected status, can not be deported.

Also according to the article below, his drivers license is suspended and his commercial license being disqualified, but I'm not sure what that even means.

He has a DUI from May 11, 2019 in Connecticut which he has court for on September 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
At least the NH Governor does not have to 'pardon' / reduce this sentence, as was the case in Colorado (multiple deaths from truck brake failure and incompetent driver who knowingly passed the truck escape routes). Ironically, social media pressure superseded the law in that case. Pretty sad bunch of drivers, politicians, and lawyers practicing their trade.

Be careful it is very dangerous out there.

I was following that case too because my hub is a trucker. IIRC, his employer neglected the truck, so he would have been eventually doomed to have something fail on him due to bad (or lack of) maintenance. I was surprised no one made a thread for it here in current events.

You're not kidding there was a huge social media pressure along with a petition which I had signed before finding a very in-depth article which made me feel like he was at fault.

Truck driver in fatal New Hampshire motorcycle crash had drunken driving history - PUBLISHED: June 24, 2019 at 8:15 p.m. | UPDATED: June 25, 2019 at 9:35 a.m.

Quote:
The father said they are from the Ukraine and his son recently got permanent resident status in the United States. The younger Zhukovskyy’s court file includes a newly filed June 23 letter from an ICE deportation officer requesting details of his 2017 heroin and cocaine convictions.

Volodymyr Zhukovskyy timeline: Randolph motorcycle crash suspect's driving history, how case has evolved - Updated: 11:40 AM EDT Aug 10, 2022

Quote:
2012 - Zhukovskyy was charged with unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, negligent operation of a motor vehicle and speeding. All charges were dismissed.

April 25 - Zhukovskyy received a personal driver’s license in Massachusetts.

June 16 - Zhukovskyy received a violation for operating under the influence of liquor. He served suspensions and attended education classes for this violation, including a youth alcohol program since he was under the age of 21 at the time.

Zhukovskky pleaded guilty to driving and drug charges in Macedonia, Ohio. He was charged with speeding, possessing drug paraphernalia, giving false information and driving with a suspended license. Court officials said he pleaded guilty to all charges

Zhukovskyy pleaded guilty to drug possession in Mass

Volodymyr Zhukovskyy in ICE custody after being found not guilty in deadly crash, officials confirm - Updated: 12:29 PM EDT Aug 10, 2022

Quote:
A Massachusetts man... ...is in the custody of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, officials confirmed to WMUR.

Zhukovskyy, 26, a citizen of Ukraine, ....was served a notice to appear.

"Zhukovskyy has an extensive criminal history including three prior convictions of charges that included Possession of Cocaine and Heroin, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, Driving Under Suspension, Furnishing False Information to an Officer and Larceny," John Mohan, public affairs officer and spokesperson for the New England Region of ICE, said.

Old 08-11-2022, 08:36 AM

23,862 posts, read 33,533,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Nope. He's off scott free. But ICE is on his case now, and is looking to deport him.

See my reply that he may not get deported, at least not now anyway since he's from Ukraine.

Like you, I hope locals come to keep us updated on his ICE deportation case. I'll be surprised if he does get deported. He had to have lied on his permanent residency application from what I've read.

Old 08-11-2022, 10:48 AM

248 posts, read 442,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
See my reply that he may not get deported, at least not now anyway since he's from Ukraine.

Like you, I hope locals come to keep us updated on his ICE deportation case. I'll be surprised if he does get deported. He had to have lied on his permanent residency application from what I've read.
Certain crimes , multiple offences like his could be grounds to revoke his permanent resident status .

Old 08-11-2022, 12:01 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,694 posts, read 58,012,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidgirl View Post
Certain crimes , multiple offences like his could be grounds to revoke his permanent resident status .
and permanent CDL revocation (mandatory in fatal accident, but NOT if not held liable!)

but...
1) he is not liable
2) Thousands of drivers out there W/O a legal license

40% of the drivers in my state have no insurance, many because they have no license (Revoked)

Neighbor guy has not had a drivers' license since he has been our neighbor 37 yrs. (He also drives commercially)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events