Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2020, 08:06 AM

14,308 posts, read 11,702,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
So he lied from the beginning and they decided to sue RC. And they're still sticking to that lawsuit? Not only does he know it's open because he leaned out of it but then he held her out there for thirty-four seconds---and he's still sticking to that hockey glass story?

Good for RC releasing the video. This week the parents were still going on TV stating that RC played a "major role n the death of our child."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...nd/4499586002/
My only objection to that article is the statement, "He lifts her up to the window...in an instant, she's gone." That's not how it went. If he had lifted her up and she was instantly gone this would be a different story.

Old 01-18-2020, 09:36 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,712 posts, read 58,054,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Man, RCL's lawyer is getting salty:

You can almost hear someone asking a colleague - "Does this sound too exasperated?"
Can you imagine the additive 'costs' / saga / reputation to RCL for this careless 'event'?

We tend to be alarmed at the video and the lack of responsibility of GF. But there were thousands of passengers and crew and port staff directly affected, delayed, distressed, traumatized. I would suspect there are a lot of suits / compensation packages. Probably some internet viewers going to sue RCL over distress from the release of the video. All for one zealous (and careless) GF and the precious cost to his family and DGD.

few seconds of mindless play = 1 death + distress to many and millions of $$ in needlessly tossed revenues and perpetually ongoing claims and shark attacks.

Old 01-18-2020, 09:44 AM

8,484 posts, read 6,891,592 times
So grandpa mindfully and with intent decided to concoct a cover story for his own negligence. Make a horrible lapse in judgement, sue for millions and be one of the victims of the evil cruise line. And this poor child. Was there any evidence alcohol was involved?

Old 01-18-2020, 09:53 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
WOW. That video is shocking. If the window is where it appears to be then he absolutely put the little girl outside of the window.

I had the impression that she was balanced on the window frame but this does not appear to show that was the case.
Yes, that guy, as sorrowful as he is, caused the little girl’s death. Like others, I don’t see how a lawsuit against the ship’s company is valid. Of course, if the family wants to sue, they’ll sue.

I had a different idea about how she fell. IMO, grandpa is guilty of child endangerment as well.

Old 01-18-2020, 09:54 AM

3,573 posts, read 2,882,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
My only objection to that article is the statement, "He lifts her up to the window...in an instant, she's gone." That's not how it went. If he had lifted her up and she was instantly gone this would be a different story.
It was an instant, just a later instant 34 seconds after he picked her on/over the ledge. That lawyers statements have stunk since the beginning.

Old 01-18-2020, 09:54 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,915,570 times
Case needs to be thrown out pronto.

They also need to take away the fathers badge and gun as he has serious issues with his perception of right and wrong as he played along with the whole charade of blaming the ship.

Lawyer needs to be penalized in a big way for his attack on the cruise line.

Grandpa has to live with this forever. That's a good punishment for him.

Tragic events for sure, but it pains me to see people try to profit from lies.

Old 01-18-2020, 09:57 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,284,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
So grandpa mindfully and with intent decided to concoct a cover story for his own negligence. Make a horrible lapse in judgement, sue for millions and be one of the victims of the evil cruise line. And this poor child. Was there any evidence alcohol was involved?
I don't believe there has been. But, it may be something that has not been released to the public. I'm sure all of the details are not public knowledge.

Old 01-18-2020, 09:59 AM

3,573 posts, read 2,882,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
I've read through comment sections accompanying the articles and it's commonly stated he refused a breathalyzer. I have not found that in published reports.

There are a few posters here familiar with cruise lines saying RC would have record if he did drink aboard the ship.

Old 01-18-2020, 10:05 AM

8,484 posts, read 6,891,592 times
I’ve been on several cruises over the years and generally speaking there seemed to be a lot of drinking going on. So I guess the alcohol angle is an open question that may never be resolved.

Old 01-18-2020, 10:56 AM

5,581 posts, read 6,508,599 times
Only somebody not in their right mind would hold a child, or living creature, out a window 11 stories up. His holding her out the window just doesn't compute in my mind. The man was either in an alcoholic haze or has some dementia going on. Has he been tested for this at all?

And yes, Michael Jackson is one who is proof that his mind was not in a right mind as well, from holding his infant son off of a balcony to his whole adult life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events