Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2020, 09:24 AM

14,302 posts, read 11,692,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
The grandfather is not old. He's 51. The authors calling him elderly aren't doing their home work
*I* know that. I've referred to that fact many times. But a 51-year-old grandpa in full possession of his faculties doesn't fit the narrative. They want to make everyone feel bad for beating up on this poor, innocent, elderly man who was confused because his old eyes couldn't see the open window.

Last edited by saibot; 01-28-2020 at 09:40 AM..

Old 01-28-2020, 09:39 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
*I* know that. I've referred to that fact many times. But a 51-year-old grandpa in full possession of his faculties doesn't fit the narrative. They want to make everyone feel bad for beating up on this poor, innocent, elderly man.
That's exactly what they are doing. The media loves to manipulate people, and still some people fall for it.

Quote:
The grandfather is not old. He's 51. The reporters calling him elderly aren't doing their home work

The parents are suing the cruise line, not the grandfather
As for the cash settlement, I know the parents are the ones suing, to think that Grandpa wouldn't benefit from that cash settlement is naive.

Old 01-28-2020, 09:54 AM

14,302 posts, read 11,692,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
That's exactly what they are doing. The media loves to manipulate people, and still some people fall for it.
Although making Grandpa out to be elderly and incapable does put the blame back on the parents for entrusting him with their child in the first place. They didn't think that through. Oh, wait, of course if the cruise line had been made "safe" for toddlers left in the care of feeble, confused old people, then nothing would have happened.

Old 01-28-2020, 10:22 AM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
As laborious as it is, read back through the thread. For starters, find the recent post where it was questioned why the parents left her in the care of grandpa, who is not even a "blood relative".
Ok. So address your question to that person then. Or the couple that seem to be the ones you are referring to. The way you had posted, it seemed that you felt everyone was blaming the parents for the child’s death. I don’t read the general feeling of the thread to be that, at all.

Old 01-28-2020, 10:23 AM

1,709 posts, read 806,708 times
Is the cruise line really modifying public areas to prevent this from happening again?

There's probably a miles worth of places where a child could be dropped off from on a ship that size. Further, there's probably been a billion passenger-days on RCCL ships and this has happened once.

Old 01-28-2020, 10:29 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdriver74 View Post
Is the cruise line really modifying public areas to prevent this from happening again?

There's probably a miles worth of places where a child could be dropped off from on a ship that size. Further, there's probably been a billion passenger-days on RCCL ships and this has happened once.
I recently saw that someone jumped out one of their windows to commit suicide. I'm not sure if I ever linked the article. I had seen it on google news. It was the same cruise line, not sure if it was the same ship or area. That could also factor into why they want to redo that area.

Man jumps to his death off Royal Caribbean cruise ship docked in Puerto Rico
Dive teams recovered the body of the unidentified traveler from Naples, Florida, police said.

Quote:
Security video footage captured the 46-year-old Naples resident taking his fatal fall from the Oasis of the Seas, U.S. Coast Guard spokesman h Ricardo Castrodad told NBC News.

The man-over-board report came to the Coast Guard at about 7:50 p.m. Wednesday, according to Castrodad.

Last edited by Roselvr; 01-28-2020 at 10:38 AM..

Old 01-28-2020, 10:31 AM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Chloe ran right to that window. The only open one. I wonder how many other times he picked her up to the same window. I doubt it was the 1st time that trip.

He seems like the type of grandfather that would put her on his neck too. A big kid....
I can’t speculate on that. Frankly, she ran straight forward. There were people sitting or standing in the other areas so it seems natural to me that she simply ran up to the window in front of her. I certainly do think that he has held her up to windows before, though. Maybe even open windows...who knows. But I can’t believe that he had any intent to drop her out of the window. I wish that they had forced him to take a breathalyzer test. I believe he was not of a clear mind, and I don’t know what else would cause such a complete lack of judgement.

Old 01-28-2020, 10:37 AM

3,573 posts, read 2,880,685 times

I hate the Daily Mail for good reason, clearly there was an agreement to write the best spin possible for exclusive rights to the families claims.

Two lines in this story that I need to question since their Lawyers historical statements have proven so strained from the truth already.

"the kids splash pool area where 18-month-old Chloe fell was about to be refurbished"

What is actually being refurbished? If it's the "kids splash pool area" as stated what does that have to do with the bar/lounging/view area where the tragedy took place?

"They were surprised to find 13 different cameras overlooking the area, according to papers filed this week in the parallel civil lawsuit the parents have filed against Royal Caribbean for negligence.
Alan and Kimberly accuse the cruise operator of creating a 'false narrative' by only disclosing footage from the two most incriminating angles and wrongly stating that Anello leaned his head through the window."

Now we know where the 13 camera's claim came from. That's their count, not RC, the police, or prosecutors. I'm curious to know how many are actually relevant.

Old 01-28-2020, 10:56 AM

7,090 posts, read 4,526,537 times
Clara, I am outraged that the family is blaming RC when it clearly was grandpa’s negligence. How they can stand by him when he killed their baby I will never understand. My kids are the most important thing in the world to me. If they hadn’t sued the public would have lost interest quickly. They brought all this attention on themselves.

Old 01-28-2020, 11:01 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Huh? No one is blaming the parents for their daughters death. They ARE blaming them for the ridiculous claim and the lawsuit. My guess is that they do feel guilty that Chloe was left in the care of the GF and should not have been. But they could never have expected him to do what he did. No one could have seen that coming.
That includes the cruise line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events