Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2020, 07:24 AM

2,020 posts, read 1,123,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You cannot stand in front of those windows and NOT know that they are open. You just can’t. You have to realize the family is grasping at straws. I’ve been on that ship… You can’t think a window is closed when it’s open. You would have to be completely blind, even if you were the breeze would give it away.
Anyone who has been on a cruise ship knows there is no possible way he did not know the window was open. I mean he would have to be blind, deaf, suffer from anosmia, and be unable to distinguish where the breeze on his face is coming from. I guess all of that could be true because we already know he cannot distinguish a bar area from a child's play area.

Knowing he has all of these inabilities to distinguish easily identifiable things, why would the family entrust him with the care of their daughter.

A lot of people are throwing out his age, dementia, loss of all faculties (sight, smell, sound, etc) as possible factors contributing to this tragedy. I would conjecture it was mere stupidity. It makes the most sense. Occam's razor.

He acted recklessly and now a child is dead. She suffered a horrific death. She deserves respect, recognition, and justice. IMO, her family is doing her a grave injustice in blaming Royal Caribbean.

I could not care less what explanations the attorney gives as to what occurred. He has a vested interest in winning this lawsuit.

Old 01-25-2020, 08:55 AM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGWS View Post
Anyone who has been on a cruise ship knows there is no possible way he did not know the window was open. I mean he would have to be blind, deaf, suffer from anosmia, and be unable to distinguish where the breeze on his face is coming from. I guess all of that could be true because we already know he cannot distinguish a bar area from a child's play area.

Knowing he has all of these inabilities to distinguish easily identifiable things, why would the family entrust him with the care of their daughter.

A lot of people are throwing out his age, dementia, loss of all faculties (sight, smell, sound, etc) as possible factors contributing to this tragedy. I would conjecture it was mere stupidity. It makes the most sense. Occam's razor.

He acted recklessly and now a child is dead. She suffered a horrific death. She deserves respect, recognition, and justice. IMO, her family is doing her a grave injustice in blaming Royal Caribbean.

I could not care less what explanations the attorney gives as to what occurred. He has a vested interest in winning this lawsuit.
I completely agree. Stupidity, recklessness. The man should never have been in charge of the child. I suspect the parents know this in their hearts, and are feeling pretty guilty themselves.

And it is just laughable for anyone to claim "they didn't know the window was open".

Last edited by ChessieMom; 01-25-2020 at 09:07 AM..

Old 01-25-2020, 08:58 AM

12,062 posts, read 10,269,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGWS View Post

The man is ONLY 51! It is nuts to try to use his age as an excuse.

I thought at first that he did it intentionally, but now i am going more with just a stupid accident.

Old 01-25-2020, 09:24 AM

386 posts, read 169,361 times
You cannot sue someone for your own mistake.

Old 01-25-2020, 09:30 AM

14,302 posts, read 11,692,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
Not only that, but if he really were old, blind, doddering, etc., then that would make his being left in charge of a toddler all the worse.

Old 01-25-2020, 09:44 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post

I thought at first that he did it intentionally, but now i am going more with just a stupid accident.
He’s not some feeble old man like some are trying to portray him. He was squatting down and stood up just fine when the child ran to the windows. He’s middle aged and fat, but he’s not some “poor old frail grandpa”. He’s just stupid.

Old 01-25-2020, 09:47 AM

12,062 posts, read 10,269,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Not only that, but if he really were old, blind, doddering, etc., then that would make his being left in charge of a toddler all the worse.
Good point. If another family member would have been around, they would probably have told him not to put her on the ledge.

They feel guilty!

Old 01-25-2020, 10:52 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
He’s not some feeble old man like some are trying to portray him. He was squatting down and stood up just fine when the child ran to the windows. He’s middle aged and fat, but he’s not some “poor old frail grandpa”. He’s just stupid.
I agree, at 51 he is still pretty young. He actually looks like my daughters father except different glasses.

My ex was "watching" my daughter when she was 2. He had the Harley on blocks. He turned his back, she tried climbing on it, it fell on top of her, breaking her leg. I could see him doing something like this too with picking a kid up, but I don't think he'd drop them...

Old 01-25-2020, 11:55 AM

12,842 posts, read 867,977 times
If I recall correctly his next court date is Monday, January 27, 2020. Hopefully he takes the plea, that is, if it is still an option.

Old 01-25-2020, 12:50 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,868,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
That's why I want an impartial agency to review this. It seems very simple to get at the actual truth, and present very clear depictions of what that incident would have looked like.
Their own photos shoots down their whole argument. What "game changer" have they actually come up with? You would think since they're claiming that RC has been controlling the narrative from day one that they would be quick to show us otherwise.

They've now claim he couldn't possibly lean out then held the baby out the window. "Physically impossible" they said. But look at the photo where they have the bald man measuring the length from the rail to window (19" apparently). Look at where his hand is... And notice: his arm isn't fully extended and he is not leaning as much. In this link:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ll/4556656002/

The family isn't looking for actual truth. They're asking all of us to suspend disbelief on a lot of things. It definitely was reckless and irresponsible on Anello's part to do what he did. But yet we have to apparently accept he really didn't know it was open, that he's colorblind with no depth or other visual detecting perception, that he just didn't feel the breezes, that he's got T-Rex arms and that it's all RC's fault. This charade is just wrong on every level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events