Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2020, 12:33 PM

88,562 posts, read 84,755,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
You'd be surprised.

If you look through the thread, there are some people who actually think he picked her up and purposely threw her out the window hoping for a big payday.

*shrug*
Yes, a couple of people think he did it intentionally. I don't believe that at all.

But in one of the videos, I mentioned that it looks as if he picks her up and throws her forward as if he's shooting a basket from the foul line. It's the motion he makes, but you can't actually see her or his hands after he makes that motion. I don't believe that's the moment when he actually lost his grip on her, though. He's hoisting her up, but if you went by that video alone, it looks as if he's literally throwing the child.

Not everything you see on video is the way it appears, and I know some people have trouble understanding that.

Old 01-23-2020, 01:12 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes, a couple of people think he did it intentionally. I don't believe that at all.

But in one of the videos, I mentioned that it looks as if he picks her up and throws her forward as if he's shooting a basket from the foul line. It's the motion he makes, but you can't actually see her or his hands after he makes that motion. I don't believe that's the moment when he actually lost his grip on her, though. He's hoisting her up, but if you went by that video alone, it looks as if he's literally throwing the child.

Not everything you see on video is the way it appears, and I know some people have trouble understanding that.
They're saying he held her there for 43 seconds, so he didn't just throw her out. They said she was not on the wood rail

Old 01-23-2020, 02:14 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,868,485 times
https://www.yahoo.com/news/girls-fam...190327268.html

The family and their lawyer is now saying it's impossible to lean out and that the RC lied to control the narrative that the grandfather is at fault. SMH

Old 01-23-2020, 02:47 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,880,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/news/girls-fam...190327268.html

The family and their lawyer is now saying it's impossible to lean out and that the RC lied to control the narrative that the grandfather is at fault. SMH
And still claiming "negligence in Chloe's death by allowing the window in the ship’s children's play area to be open"

You know, that window next to the bar.

Old 01-23-2020, 03:07 PM

And if it's impossible for him to lean outside the window since it's 18 inches from the rail then there argument is even weaker since that clearly shows additional safety measures in that design. GP would have to not only pick her up over the rail but extend Chloe out another 18 inches.

Old 01-23-2020, 03:20 PM

14,302 posts, read 11,692,440 times
Oh, these people are insane. 18 inches is not very far. I'm 5'6", and if I extend my arm I can easily reach a window 24" away. Not only that, if I lean over, I can easily put my head out. Of course a man taller than me could stick his head out a window only 18" away. This would be really easy to prove.

What was he doing when he leaned over the rail at first, if not looking out the window and down at the ground? Staring at the floor of the ship?

Old 01-23-2020, 03:35 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,622 posts, read 17,953,728 times
I set this up with a tape measure.

If the edge of that handrail is 18 inches from the window pane/window opening, and he's behind the rail (so add another 3 inches distance from the window). So now you have him standing 21 inches from the window pane, leaning forward from above the waist.

I couldn't cross that plane with MY head, much less lean a child out.

In invite y'all to try it. Get next to a counter height table, mark off 21 inches and try to bend forward and get your head past the 21 inch mark.

Up on tippy-toes, if the window were shut, I could probably manage to touch the window with the top of my head. Not stick it out the window.
Hmm.

Old 01-23-2020, 03:40 PM

Quote:

If the edge of that handrail is 18 inches from the window pane/window opening, and he's behind the rail (so add another 3 inches distance from the window). So now you have him standing 21 inches from the window pane, leaning forward from above the waist.

In invite y'all to try it. Get next to a counter height table, mark off 21 inches and try to bend forward and get your head past the 21 inch mark.

Up on tippy-toes, if the window were shut, I could probably manage to touch the window with the top of my head. Not stick it out the window.
Hmm.
Yep! He clearly he held the child well beyond the rail and lost his grip.

Old 01-23-2020, 03:42 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,622 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye66 View Post
Yep! He clearly he held the child well beyond the rail and lost his grip.
I'm still waiting for them to say whether they have video OUTSIDE the ship.

Surely someone was videoing from the dock, if there weren't official video cameras on the cruiseship?

To me, this adds a little more credence to the thought that he didn't know the window was open, and was trying to get her close enough to the window to slap it. Because that's as close as he could have gotten. It's not like lifting her up would put her through the plane where the glass should have been.

Old 01-23-2020, 04:08 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:

Hmm.
And what's your height compared to this man's height?

What are you even trying to prove? There is video evidence that shows exactly what he did the entire time he was at the window. You're home experiment doesn't change that.

It's not a foot and a half between the window and the handrail. I don't know the exact measurements, but I would say it's a foot or less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events