Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2020, 08:25 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizcuit View Post
That's the "Kids' Play Area".

/jk
Kids Happy Hour is 3-5pm, right after nap time.

BOGO free.

Old 01-21-2020, 08:52 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Kids Happy Hour is 3-5pm, right after nap time.

BOGO free.
With a complimentary souvenir sippy cup.

Old 01-21-2020, 09:38 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,087,205 times
I can’t watch that video again. Too disturbing. Imagine the first responders having to pick up that baby , and anyone close by on the ship near Grandpa when it happened.

Old 01-21-2020, 10:21 PM

14,303 posts, read 11,692,440 times
I watched the video again, and to me this is a telling thing: When Grandpa barrels up to the open window, he doesn't hesitate for one second before putting both arms OVER the railing and leaning over/out the window. If he thought the window was closed, wouldn't he put his hands ON the railing to check it out first? But no, he thrusts both arms right over the rail. Maybe he put his hands on the window sill. The way he reaches out, it is either that or he was sticking his hands out in the air. But it just does not seem possible that someone could do that, fail to encounter glass, and not know that the window was open. And you could make a case that he must have known before he even got there, or he wouldn't have made that motion.

Old 01-22-2020, 03:42 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
I watched the video again, and to me this is a telling thing: When Grandpa barrels up to the open window, he doesn't hesitate for one second before putting both arms OVER the railing and leaning over/out the window. If he thought the window was closed, wouldn't he put his hands ON the railing to check it out first? But no, he thrusts both arms right over the rail. Maybe he put his hands on the window sill. The way he reaches out, it is either that or he was sticking his hands out in the air. But it just does not seem possible that someone could do that, fail to encounter glass, and not know that the window was open. And you could make a case that he must have known before he even got there, or he wouldn't have made that motion.
I keep forgetting to say that I wonder if that wasn't the 1st time he's held her by the window.... I do wonder how many other times he got away with his bad idea...

Old 01-22-2020, 04:17 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
I can’t watch that video again. Too disturbing. Imagine the first responders having to pick up that baby , and anyone close by on the ship near Grandpa when it happened.
There is a very tall bridge in Dallas that several people have jumped off to commit suicide. Sad they do it but worse is they land on or near cars on the Freeway below. How dramatic for someone to jump and land on your car or you run over them.

Bad enough for the 1st Responders but the people on the deck below where that Baby landed.

That is something you'd never forget and would affect you forever. Sue the parents and GP if he truly was negligent for mental stress ??

Old 01-22-2020, 08:25 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,247,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
It must be me but the videos are so UNCLEAR.

Old 01-22-2020, 09:48 AM

3,573 posts, read 2,880,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Are you pulling it up on a big screen and maxing the size? I've found the vid narrated by the odd muppet creature was helpful since they did a good job tracking the movement.

Old 01-22-2020, 09:56 AM

3,024 posts, read 2,238,477 times
So the railing is at least several inches in front of the window, right? I mean, he could have even had her sit on the railing. Why would he dangle her out there?

I'm so heartbroken for that family.

Old 01-22-2020, 10:33 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
There are 3 videos at these links. These are the best ones I've seen so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
A friend of mine caught this article. He's crazy if he doesn't take the plea deal. If he keeps denying it then it goes to blame the parents because now he's medically impaired somehow; the parents never should have let him have Chloe unsupervised.

Harrowing video showing moment grandfather dropped toddler to her death from cruise ship window is revealed as prosecutors offer plea deal to spare him jail if he admits blame for tragedy

Daily mail video

Muppet host video
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events