Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2020, 12:11 PM

7,090 posts, read 4,526,537 times

Advertisements

I watched the video once and it’s horrifying. He literally picked her up, held her outside the window and dropped her. Is it the beginning of dementia, pure stupidity or murder? I wanted him to go to prison and I hope RC wins.

Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,948,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
When you do a mock-up of the measurements, you should conclude that the distance was in and of itself a safety measure, and that the grandfather, in lifting her that far out, voided the safety measure. If he'd let go with her on the handrail, she would have fallen to the floor. He's the one who held her so far out that she actually fell eleven stories.
I don't disagree with any of this. You've basically stated the facts that I think everyone here can agree with.

11,411 posts, read 7,803,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Exactly. There simply is no question that the fault lies with the Gf, 100%. No question. None. No reasonable person would have done what he did.
Yep. Without his reckless actions, Chloe would be alive.

Old 02-27-2020, 12:51 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I

NO ONE who has viewed the videos that have been made public has seen what they are stating they've seen.
Yes they have. Just because you refuse to acknowledge what the videos actually show does not mean that everyone else should do the same.

I'm still curious if you are somehow related to this guy. I don't understand your refusal to admit what actually happened. Why defend him? Especially now that he is pleading guilty?

Old 02-27-2020, 01:01 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,073,668 times
I really think alcohol or something was involved.
Where does this stand in the investigation?
I heard he refused test.
How can you refuse a test when it comes to a loss of life situation like this?
If the “cough cough” elderly gentleman was drunk it should be known so to better apply the sentence, meaning some AA meetings and such.

Old 02-27-2020, 01:22 PM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I heard he refused test.
If the “cough cough” elderly gentleman was drunk it should be known so to better apply the sentence, meaning some AA meetings and such.
He didn’t take a breathalyzer, so there’s no way you can prove whether or not he was drunk. You can’t even look at the bar tab… Because people can bring their own liquor on board and drink it. I know, because that’s how I consumed alcohol when I went on my cruises. I brought my own.

Old 02-27-2020, 02:02 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
How much does it cost to put signs like that up? Not much.
It kinda does, though. Not the stickers themselves, but: If anyone considering offering a service to the public has to plan for a million-dollar lawsuit if he fails to predict how an unreasonable person thinks and doesn't add a sticker saying "Do not insert male genitals into the garbage compactor", it puts a damper on pretty much everything.

Old 02-27-2020, 02:04 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
He didn’t take a breathalyzer, so there’s no way you can prove whether or not he was drunk. You can’t even look at the bar tab… Because people can bring their own liquor on board and drink it. I know, because that’s how I consumed alcohol when I went on my cruises. I brought my own.
If I were to speculate - based on nothing, mind, pure hypothetical - I might imagine that Royal Caribbean had the bars covered with video and that the defense lawyer didn't feel like having those tapes played in court.

Old 02-27-2020, 02:07 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,948,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
If I were to speculate - based on nothing, mind, pure hypothetical - I might imagine that Royal Caribbean had the bars covered with video and that the defense lawyer didn't feel like having those tapes played in court.
But the family isn't concerned about those tapes playing in civil court?

Old 02-27-2020, 03:08 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I heard he refused test.
The attorney said there was absolutely no alcohol involved; that the grandfather is not a drinker. That may or may not be true, but that's what was said. Seems like alcohol/drug testing should be routine in accidents that caused a death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events