Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2020, 03:34 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,882,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I disagree. If it's an open air deck, he may or may not have felt air moving through the window. Who knows which direction the wind was coming from. It makes no sense to speculate that it was windy at that particularly moment in time and that the grandfather had to have felt the breeze. We weren't there, so none of us know. If I have windows open in my house but no roof on the house (open air deck), I'm not going to really notice air coming through the windows.
Please see my link post 1955 that shows the weather pattern that date and time.

Also consider that wind flows out as well as in.

Old 02-29-2020, 05:51 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye66 View Post
Please see my link post 1955 that shows the weather pattern that date and time.

Also consider that wind flows out as well as in.
Still, with an open air deck, you are not necessarily going to feel air through a window, going in or going out.

Old 02-29-2020, 06:48 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Guys, the breeze bs doesn't matter. He LEANED out of the window before he dropped her out of it. Case closed

Old 02-29-2020, 09:01 PM

609 posts, read 265,051 times
This is not even a current event any more and this topic has run its course.

Old 02-29-2020, 09:49 PM

15,420 posts, read 9,078,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrcollie View Post
This is not even a current event any more and this topic has run its course.
Um, it certainly is a current event. He just pleaded guilty. There is still a sentencing coming up, and a civil trial. I expect it will still be a current event for at least another year. If you are tired of it already, you might want to hit the Unsubscribe button now.

Old 03-01-2020, 11:06 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,077,727 times
I agree it is still a current event and I am interested in the outcome

Old 03-01-2020, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Guys, the breeze bs doesn't matter. He LEANED out of the window before he dropped her out of it. Case closed
My point is that whether he leaned out or not doesn't matter. If standing at a window 150 from the ground on a documented breezy day there is no valid argument if someone thought the window was open or not.

Old 03-01-2020, 07:16 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
But which direction was the wind from? Was it from the opposite direction? Was the ship docked next to another ship that might have blocked the wind?

I was on a cruise last month and one of our ports was Puerto Rico. The Norwegian ship I was on, the Encore, was docked next to Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas. The Norwegian Encore is a brand new ship and was much bigger and much taller than the Royal Caribbean ship it was docked next to. I wondered when I was there if Chloe’s ship had been docked in the same spot as the Royal Caribbean ship next to us and if the dock I walked on was the one where Chloe fell to her death.

I could see a larger ship blocking any breeze there might have been from that direction so I don’t know if you can say the grandfather had to feel a breeze.
NO. The ship was parked AGAINST THE DOCK. Longways. There was nothing to "block wind" - as if that would happen anyway.

Old 03-01-2020, 09:20 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
NO. The ship was parked AGAINST THE DOCK. Longways. There was nothing to "block wind" - as if that would happen anyway.
I don't know if you have seen the docks in Puerto Rico. When we were docked there, the ships were docked side by side. Against the dock, but side by side and close together. There was a walkway between the ships, but it wasn't a big area at all. If it was docked like that, wind definitely would have been blocked if coming from that direction. Not that it matters, as someone said. Whether the grandfather knew the window was open or not, he dropped the baby accidentally. He didn't throw her out of the window, but he is responsible for her death. He's pleading guilty, so it's a moot point whether he knew the window was open or not.

Open this link and look at the two ships pictured side by side. That is exactly how we were docked in Puerto Rico. The ship I was on was very tall, docked right next to a smaller ship. See how small the walkway is between the ships?

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/c...-protests.html

http://crew-center.com/san-juan-puer...e-jul-dec-2019

Last edited by luzianne; 03-01-2020 at 09:46 PM..

Old 03-01-2020, 09:28 PM

Quote:
I don't know if you have seen the docks in Puerto Rico. When we were docked there, the ships were docked side by side. Against the dock, but side by side and close together. There was a walkway between the ships, but it wasn't a big area at all. If it was docked like that, wind definitely would have been blocked if coming from that direction. Not that it matters, as someone said. Whether the grandfather knew the window was open or not, he dropped the baby accidentally. He didn't throw her out of the window, but he is responsible for her death. He's pleading guilty, so it's a moot point whether he knew the window was open or not.
The criminal case has been addressed but there is still the open civil case where questions still arise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events