Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2020, 09:54 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,960,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I don't know if you have seen the docks in Puerto Rico. When we were docked there, the ships were docked side by side. Against the dock, but side by side and close together. There was a walkway between the ships, but it wasn't a big area at all. If it was docked like that, wind definitely would have been blocked if coming from that direction. Not that it matters, as someone said. Whether the grandfather knew the window was open or not, he dropped the baby accidentally. He didn't throw her out of the window, but he is responsible for her death. He's pleading guilty, so it's a moot point whether he knew the window was open or not.

Open this link and look at the two ships pictured side by side. That is exactly how we were docked in Puerto Rico. The ship I was on was very tall, docked right next to a smaller ship. See how small the walkway is between the ships?
Well yes, as a matter of fact I have been ON the docks in Puerto Rico. Several times. I've been on the 11th deck of the Freedom class as well. I've never been at an open window that did not have breeze. Ever.

And this ship was NOT DOCKED beside another ship. There was NOTHING to "block any wind". The pictures that I saw the day it happened - when the police vehicles and press were everywhere, showed that side facing land - the dock below.

Last edited by ChessieMom; 03-01-2020 at 10:06 PM..

Old 03-01-2020, 11:48 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,249,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Well yes, as a matter of fact I have been ON the docks in Puerto Rico. Several times. I've been on the 11th deck of the Freedom class as well. I've never been at an open window that did not have breeze. Ever.

And this ship was NOT DOCKED beside another ship. There was NOTHING to "block any wind". The pictures that I saw the day it happened - when the police vehicles and press were everywhere, showed that side facing land - the dock below.
That's remarkable that you have NEVER been at a window without a breeze. I certainly have. There is not always a breeze. That's just fact.

So post those pictures you claim to have seen with police vehicles everywhere and no ship beside Freedom of the Seas. I have seen plenty of stock pictures of the ship. Not an actual picture as it was docked the day of the accident.

Old 03-01-2020, 11:48 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,233,915 times
Quote:
I don't know if you have seen the docks in Puerto Rico. When we were docked there, the ships were docked side by side. Against the dock, but side by side and close together. There was a walkway between the ships, but it wasn't a big area at all. If it was docked like that, wind definitely would have been blocked if coming from that direction. Not that it matters, as someone said. Whether the grandfather knew the window was open or not, he dropped the baby accidentally. He didn't throw her out of the window, but he is responsible for her death. He's pleading guilty, so it's a moot point whether he knew the window was open or not.

Open this link and look at the two ships pictured side by side. That is exactly how we were docked in Puerto Rico. The ship I was on was very tall, docked right next to a smaller ship. See how small the walkway is between the ships?
Chloe hit the dock, not the water. The window was facing the dock.

Old 03-02-2020, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Chloe hit the dock, not the water. The window was facing the dock.
I never said she hit the water. I know she hit the dock. That's not what we were discussing.

Old 03-02-2020, 12:09 AM

37,106 posts, read 41,233,915 times
Quote:
I never said she hit the water. I know she hit the dock. That's not what we were discussing.
If the ship had been berthed the way you are describing she would have gone in the water.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/945876...-toddler-dead/

Old 03-02-2020, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
If the ship had been berthed the way you are describing she would have gone in the water.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/945876...-toddler-dead/
You are not understanding what I am saying.

Old 03-02-2020, 10:59 AM

349 posts, read 229,389 times
It really makes no difference if he felt a breeze or not. The window was open and he should have known that. I've been on the RC sister ships and the windows usually have a bit of sea spray residue on them. They are not crystal clear. How could he not have known the window was open?

Bottom line was he lifted her up over the safety railing. Passengers are given a list of rules and that was one of them before boarding the ship....

Old 03-02-2020, 11:13 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,865,361 times
Quote:
That's remarkable that you have NEVER been at a window without a breeze. I certainly have. There is not always a breeze. That's just fact.

So post those pictures you claim to have seen with police vehicles everywhere and no ship beside Freedom of the Seas. I have seen plenty of stock pictures of the ship. Not an actual picture as it was docked the day of the accident.
And yet none of those stock pictures used by the medias showed it next to a breezeway and it was never ever mentioned by anyone because it wasn't that way.

There are plenty of pics used where we see the cops/investigators around of that day. This link showed that area taped off where we can easily see out, both in the daytime and nighttime where it's clearly not next to a ship.

https://youtu.be/GL1SeUDekMk

Old 03-02-2020, 11:17 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,529,254 times
Quote:
You are not understanding what I am saying.
I understand what you're saying; or I think I do. They were parked next to each other, the way we park at a supermarket.

Old 03-02-2020, 11:59 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,960,046 times
Quote:

Not on the 11th deck. And not on a balcony deck either. Only certain areas have windows that open, and yes there is always a noticeable air movement.

The pics were from live video. You can spend your time googling if you want. I already saw what I needed to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events