Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2020, 11:00 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
No where near that - certainly not in that area where he was. And folks on the dock are not looking up at windows on a ship...doubtful they would have even noticed it that far away, and as quickly as it happened.
The ship's capacity is almost 4,000. So yes there are literally thousands of people, although granted not in that immediate area. Not to mention it was in port so there would have been people in the port. And yes, people on the dock do look at and take pictures of ships in port. I did it myself six weeks ago and I wasn't the only one.

Old 03-07-2020, 12:06 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
The ship's capacity is almost 4,000. So yes there are literally thousands of people, although granted not in that immediate area. Not to mention it was in port so there would have been people in the port. And yes, people on the dock do look at and take pictures of ships in port. I did it myself six weeks ago and I wasn't the only one.
The ships capacity has absolutely nothing to do with the point. Since you clearly just want to argue senselessly, I will refrain from responding to further posts of yours.

Old 03-07-2020, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
The ships capacity has absolutely nothing to do with the point. Since you clearly just want to argue senselessly, I will refrain from responding to further posts of yours.
It does have to do with the point, because the ship boarded that day so that many people were around, besides the other people who were in port. How is it arguing to state that? It's something to be considered.

You have been arguing senselessly this whole thread, so pot/kettle?

Old 03-07-2020, 01:08 PM

6,451 posts, read 9,814,509 times
Quote:
It does have to do with the point, because the ship boarded that day so that many people were around, besides the other people who were in port. How is it arguing to state that? It's something to be considered.

Most of her statements here have made much more sense than most of your posts in this thread.

Old 03-07-2020, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Most of her statements here have made much more sense than most of your posts in this thread.
I'm guessing because your point of view agrees with hers. I disagree.

Old 03-07-2020, 04:02 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:

And what was your point exactly?

Yes, there are thousands of people on the ship, but that doesn't mean they were all looking at that window. A lot of people are getting something to eat, checking out their rooms and other interior parts of the ship, or still inside the terminal getting ready to board the ship. There were not thousands of people who could have potentially had their eyes on "grandpa", far from it.

Old 03-07-2020, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
And what was your point exactly?

Yes, there are thousands of people on the ship, but that doesn't mean they were all looking at that window. A lot of people are getting something to eat, checking out their rooms and other interior parts of the ship, or still inside the terminal getting ready to board the ship. There were not thousands of people who could have potentially had their eyes on "grandpa", far from it.
I didn't say they were all looking at the window. I said there were thousands of people milling around, inside and outside the ship. Someone had commented that it's hard to believe no one saw what was happening. And I commented that yes, there would have been literally thousands of people. It makes sense that the person would wonder why ONE out of all those people didn't see what happened.

What is YOUR point exactly?

Old 03-07-2020, 04:34 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
I didn't say they were all looking at the window. I said there were thousands of people milling around, inside and outside the ship. Someone had commented that it's hard to believe no one saw what was happening. And I commented that yes, there would have been literally thousands of people. It makes sense that the person would wonder why ONE out of all those people didn't see what happened.

What is YOUR point exactly?
Everyone on that ship was on vacation. They had just boarded the ship. They're checking out the ship, enjoying their time with those they are on vacation with. People aren't going to be watch what some older guy over at a window is doing. It's not like he was in the middle of all that was going on. He was under a covered area towards one end of the deck.

The number of people on the ship doesn't really matter, as only those who were in that specific area of that one deck would have even been able to see "grandpa". Those anywhere else on the deck would not have had a clear view of him. Those on the deck above would have had to be leaning over the railing to see what was happening at a window below. Anyone on lower decks would have had their heard sticking out the window and starting up above them, which would be pretty difficult to do.

Old 03-07-2020, 06:40 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,871,819 times
The prosecution said they had witnesses from both off/on the island that they were going to use if they went to Court.

What I find amazing is the media doesn't seem to try to find who these witnesses were and try to get their stories. Not one.

Old 03-07-2020, 07:09 PM

15,420 posts, read 9,075,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
The prosecution said they had witnesses from both off/on the island that they were going to use if they went to Court.

What I find amazing is the media doesn't seem to try to find who these witnesses were and try to get their stories. Not one.
The news media is bad, but how would you propose they find witnesses, when they don't even know who they are? That one Puerto Rican TV show managed to get the videos. So it seems they were trying. But more then likely witnesses had been told not to talk to the media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events