Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2020, 06:04 AM

2,020 posts, read 1,122,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
That's the first time I have heard any such thing. We've discussed this situation from here on C-D beginning to end for many months, and many articles and videos have been shared, but not once here or in any of those articles has the idea that the window glass was missing (not just open) been proposed. Do you have a link?
I am skeptical. If true, I believe the family's blabbermouth attorney would have postured that defense from the very beginning. Also, why wasn't it mentioned during the family interviews?

Old 03-13-2020, 06:53 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,866,378 times
I live in Indianapolis. Watch the local news and read the IndyStar... This is first I've ever heard such a claim. Link pls.

Old 03-13-2020, 07:36 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 4 days ago)

35,612 posts, read 17,940,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Oh stop. I am not shutting down any discussion.

But anyone that took that poster seriously is, well, a few fries short of a happy meal. You don't think that this would have made national news and been in the headlines over and over??? Seriously?
Yes, it does seem surprising. But the attorney is keeping something close to the vest, has SOME reason for filing this lawsuit, we just don't know what it is.

But I wouldn't have made the statement that you did, as if trying to get everyone to discussing this case:

"That was a B.S. post - probably hoping to make this thread go on a few more days!!"

Old 03-13-2020, 08:42 AM

2,270 posts, read 4,122,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
I'm from Indiana and it was all over our local news. They showed the boat and how there was a wall filled with windows, but in that specific spot where they were standing the window was missing. RC admitted they were working on replacing it and didn't. Not only that, they didn't have that area closed off because of it.

So yes, he dropped the child, but there was a reason and it was because RC was negligent, PERIOD! I highly doubt he meant to drop his own grand daughter and has to live with that the rest of his life!
Regardless, this was an upper window not the lower one that the child could reach on her own.

So, the argument is the same: how did this grown (not elderly!) man not notice that the glass was not closed (or missing)?

How does one lift a child up to a railing and not be aware of what is near the child? I am sure the man did not mean any harm to the child and that this was a tragic accident, but that does not mean that the family should sue the company for what should have been an evident danger to a young child!

If the gf & family had expressed grief and faded away from the public view chances are that charges wouldn't have been filed. By insisting that the cruise ship line was negligent this family forced the company to defend itself and point out the lack of care of the gf's behavior.

They should have grieved in private rather than blaming anyone other that the man that lifted that beautiful toddler up to and open window and place her on the railing. How odd that he gravitated to the open (or perhaps missing) window.

There was no way for Chloe to be able to be anywhere near that open window if her gf had not lifted her up. This is a cruise ship and people have ignored the fact that so much of the deck of this ship is open (windows not even an issue).

The family is looking to assign blame to anyone but the man the was responsible for Chloe's safety (and if there is a payday so much the better).

Last edited by melaniej65; 03-13-2020 at 08:43 AM.. Reason: misspelled words

Old 03-13-2020, 09:11 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,866,378 times
https://youtu.be/GL1SeUDekMk

35 seconds in, the night time photo with the investigators standing at that window... You can see that it's an open window with the glass panel and frame to the side.

Old 03-13-2020, 09:54 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,130,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Oh COME on guys. That was a B.S. post - probably hoping to make this thread go on a few more days!!
Except people were calling it out and asking for links, hardly an indication that people took it seriously.
I put it down to faulty memory or wishful thinking on the part of that poster, because unless the poster is getting ad revenue from clicks I don't see much purpose in purposely drawing the thread out if they don't actually have some interest or an opinion on the topic.

Old 03-13-2020, 11:19 AM

3,573 posts, read 2,879,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post

35 seconds in, the night time photo with the investigators standing at that window... You can see that it's an open window with the glass panel and frame to the side.
That clearly negates CGab claim.

Old 03-13-2020, 11:28 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,251,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post

Is that the same window, though? Because in other pictures it shows the window next to a bar and at the end of a row of windows next to the bar. I don't see a bar there and it looks like it's in the middle of a row of windows...unless those seats we see to the right are positioned around the bar, which is possible.

Old 03-13-2020, 01:00 PM

15,416 posts, read 9,059,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Is that the same window, though? Because in other pictures it shows the window next to a bar and at the end of a row of windows next to the bar. I don't see a bar there and it looks like it's in the middle of a row of windows...unless those seats we see to the right are positioned around the bar, which is possible.
Yes, that is the window, that has been reported she fell from. The bar is to the right of the image.

Old 03-13-2020, 01:50 PM

37,594 posts, read 45,966,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Yes, it does seem surprising. But the attorney is keeping something close to the vest, has SOME reason for filing this lawsuit, we just don't know what it is.

But I wouldn't have made the statement that you did, as if trying to get everyone to discussing this case:

"That was a B.S. post - probably hoping to make this thread go on a few more days!!"
It was so absurd, I honestly considered it a joke or just something wacky to spin people up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events