Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2021, 10:34 AM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
What bothers me in the mentally that leaps from, "OH MY GOD OUR BABY IS DEAD!" to, "Hey, let's see if we can get some money for this!" under the pretense that you're doing it for the safety of others.
Grief takes many forms and I do find it hard to condemn anyone who lost a child in this cruel way. But you'd have hoped that someone would have guided them away from this, frankly, destructive path. Or perhaps they really are that callous.

Old 02-15-2021, 11:01 AM

88,560 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Grief takes many forms and I do find it hard to condemn anyone who lost a child in this cruel way. But you'd have hoped that someone would have guided them away from this, frankly, destructive path. Or perhaps they really are that callous.
Well, as noted the mother is a lawyer, so...maybe this IS how she is dealing with grief. Maybe it's all she knows to do, or maybe this is what she needs to do to keep herself from thinking about exactly how her baby died.

Old 02-15-2021, 11:18 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
No, that was speculated, since they were in a bar/lounge area, but if WE all thought of it, very likely the investigators did, too. I don't think there was ever any evidence of that.
Didn't he refused a breathalyzer?

He also refused to give a statement to the police, and left Puerto Rico without talking to authorities. No one in the family gave a statement to the police.

Old 02-15-2021, 11:28 AM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Well, as noted the mother is a lawyer, so...maybe this IS how she is dealing with grief. Maybe it's all she knows to do, or maybe this is what she needs to do to keep herself from thinking about exactly how her baby died.
I agree - I think, as a lawyer, she probably did resort to that thought, automatically.

Old 02-16-2021, 07:10 AM

23,865 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
He didn't sit her on the sill - well possibly he did, but he had her outside the window and lost his grip. She may have "wiggled" or moved or something - and probably did, and perhaps that caused him to lose his grip. In any event, just a really totally stupid thing to do. It was an open window, and there is simply no way to deny that he was completely aware of it.

Watch this video (it was posted earlier) closely starting at 39:00. He positioned her so that at least part her body was outside the window. That much is clear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMPn...OrgulloBoricua
Thanks. I do see he picked her up, her arm pits were on the window with her arms out. I'll have to look for the other one we posted that shows it from the side. I'm pretty sure I linked it from daily mail so it shouldn't be that hard to find in a search.

Link to the video from the side but you can't tell anything because of the way the camera is. This link has the side photos by his attorney that showed the 18 inch gap

Of course I found the post I made with all the videos linked after I post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
A friend of mine caught this article. He's crazy if he doesn't take the plea deal. If he keeps denying it then it goes to blame the parents because now he's medically impaired somehow; the parents never should have let him have Chloe unsupervised.

Harrowing video showing moment grandfather dropped toddler to her death from cruise ship window is revealed as prosecutors offer plea deal to spare him jail if he admits blame for tragedy

Daily mail video

Muppet host video

Last edited by Roselvr; 02-16-2021 at 07:19 AM..

Old 07-14-2021, 07:44 PM

924 posts, read 1,676,803 times
The civil lawsuit against Royal Caribbean was thrown out this week, just before trial. The judge's ruling on Royal Caribbean's Motion for Summary Judgment:

"“Mr. Anello reached out in front of him and felt no glass in the window opening before extending the Decedent out to the window opening,”....“A reasonable person through ordinary use of his senses would have known of the dangers associated with Mr. Anello’s conduct. Accordingly, the defendant owed no duty to warn of it…The true risk-creating danger here was Mr. Anello lifting a child up to an open window. The Plaintiffs have provided no evidence showing the Defendant was on notice of that danger.”

https://www.crimeonline.com/2021/07/...n-cruise-ship/

Old 07-14-2021, 08:58 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,209,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonmam View Post
The civil lawsuit against Royal Caribbean was thrown out this week, just before trial. The judge's ruling on Royal Caribbean's Motion for Summary Judgment:

"“Mr. Anello reached out in front of him and felt no glass in the window opening before extending the Decedent out to the window opening,”....“A reasonable person through ordinary use of his senses would have known of the dangers associated with Mr. Anello’s conduct. Accordingly, the defendant owed no duty to warn of it…The true risk-creating danger here was Mr. Anello lifting a child up to an open window. The Plaintiffs have provided no evidence showing the Defendant was on notice of that danger.”

A commonsense ruling. I hope that RC goes after the family for damages, attorneys' fees, etc.

Old 07-14-2021, 09:03 PM

15,417 posts, read 9,065,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonmam View Post

If it wasn't so sad, the lawsuit would be laughable.

Old 07-14-2021, 09:34 PM

17,366 posts, read 16,511,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
A commonsense ruling. I hope that RC goes after the family for damages, attorneys' fees, etc.
I'm just glad that the judge ruled in RC's favor and threw this lawsuit out. I still can not wrap my head around what that grandfather was thinking. Such a completely senseless, careless tragedy. May that sweet baby girl RIP.

Old 07-14-2021, 09:47 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,209,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I'm just glad that the judge ruled in RC's favor and threw this lawsuit out. I still can not wrap my head around what that grandfather was thinking. Such a completely senseless, careless tragedy. May that sweet baby girl RIP.
I agree. My heart breaks over the death of this baby girl and I feel for the family over the loss. But the family is not acting in good faith here and are disgracing themselves. It was pretty telling when the family tried to get the video showed the grandfather's clear negligence thrown out in court. That showed that the family wasn't concerned about the truth, but rather only about making a buck. I cannot stand when people refuse to take responsibility for their behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events