Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2019, 12:33 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGWS View Post
Why would the mother become destitute? She is going for the big payday.

I do not think "feelings" should be considered. If a non-family day care person committed a reckless and/or negligent act resulting in the death of a baby, everyone would be shouting for justice. Nobody would say "think about the day care providers feelings." Don't you think everyone he bad enough?"

Since you are opining that GrandPa did not know the window was open, I am going to opine that he did. The initial report came out that he was dangling the child near or out the window. I am of the opinion that he knew the window was open and placed her on the railing so she could get a good view. For what ever the reason, he let go of her and she fell to her death. Maybe she was leaning back on him and he did not expect her to lunge forward. Only he knows why he let go of her.

I believe the banging on the glass is a CYA story. The railing height was 4 feet. She could have easily and safely banged on the lower glass from a standing position on the ground, just as she did at the hockey games. She was not raised up to bang on the arena glass. Why raise her up to bang on the cruise ship glass?

The baby fell over 100 feet to her death! Where is the justice and outrage for Chloe? She does not matter because she is dead?

The child's grandmother, not the child's mother but HER mother. And for that matter you have no idea what they are going after since they have yet to file a thing.

Old 11-05-2019, 01:02 PM

2,020 posts, read 1,123,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
The child's grandmother, not the child's mother but HER mother. And for that matter you have no idea what they are going after since they have yet to file a thing.
And you have no idea as to the Grandparent's financial situation. He probably has quite a bit of money saved given he is in a high earning profession.

Yet, they immediately hired a civil attorney to place blame against the cruiseline.

Old 11-05-2019, 01:03 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Yet, they immediately hired a civil attorney to place blame against the cruiseline.
And yet, still, nothing's been filed.

Old 11-05-2019, 01:28 PM

2,020 posts, read 1,123,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
And yet, still, nothing's been filed.
Probably because of the existence of the video showing what really happened.

Old 11-05-2019, 01:34 PM

Quote:
And you have no idea as to the Grandparent's financial situation. He probably has quite a bit of money saved given he is in a high earning profession.

They needed attorneys and in that moment I'm sure were just doing what people said they should do. They probably couldn't even think at the time. But until they file, it's not accurate to state they are going for any payday.

Old 11-05-2019, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Probably because of the existence of the video showing what really happened.

They are still trying to get RC to release the video to their attorney, which I still don't understand why RC won't do if it so clearly shows them in the right as people are stating. None of them have seen it yet.

Old 11-05-2019, 02:26 PM

7,090 posts, read 4,526,537 times
Girl, the parents are not suing their parents so no clue why you keep saying they will be destitute. If they sue anyone it will be the cruise line. If I was the mom my feelings should not matter to the state. Chloe was her own person and that’s the state’s concern.

Old 11-05-2019, 02:29 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
Girl, the parents are not suing their parents so no clue why you keep saying they will be destitute. If they sue anyone it will be the cruise line. If I was the mom my feelings should not matter to the state. Chloe was her own person and that’s the state’s concern.
The vicim's family is often given a say in the treatment of the accused.

Often, a victim family member will ask for the death penalty or the harshest penalty available, or will often ask the court for leniency.

Prosecutors ask. And usually listen.

Old 11-05-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post

I was saying the grandmother may become destitute paying to defend the grandfather in court. IDK, to me it just adds to the family's misery.

Old 11-05-2019, 02:47 PM

7,090 posts, read 4,526,537 times
Do you know anything about their finances to make that drastic leap? If he cannot afford a lawyer there are public defenders. Again not a concern for the state. What about chloe’s rights?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events