Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2019, 03:16 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
They do keep track because they charge you 18% tip on each drink. It shows up on your bill at the end of the cruise. You can’t pay cash.
So then, the prosecutors already know whether he was drinking.

Old 12-20-2019, 03:18 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,284,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
It was never stated that it was a “playroom”. You must be new to the story.
The parents and the family lawyer has stated on numerous occasions that it this was in a "children's play area". The video shows that this is a flat out lie.

Old 12-20-2019, 03:51 PM

22,331 posts, read 29,432,497 times
There’s lots of words that were very misrepresented and still are.

Old 12-20-2019, 03:57 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,871,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
So then, the prosecutors already know whether he was drinking.
I haven't seen anything that indicated whether they had evidence of him drinking. It's unfortunate that the breathalyzer wasn't done. Of course, his lawyer already said absolutely not on the drinking as Anello supposedly isn't a drinker.

Old 12-20-2019, 03:59 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
Regarding the "children's play area"....

On that deck there are the "drop off" child care centers, but they are completely inside.

There is a child's splash water area and a pool; both of these are open air. The argument that somehow RC was at fault for not securing that area better, that is just stupid. Don't lift your kid over the safety railings.

But from the video, they were not right next to the splash area, but more in a covered area a little away from there.

There are also multiple bars on deck 11.

Any person going on a ship is at a certain risk for injury or death if they are careless or reckless. That doesn't make it the ship's fault when they have put in certain safety measures like railings and guard rails.

Old 12-20-2019, 04:03 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,722 posts, read 58,054,000 times
Careless and poor judgement, Grandpa was likely not impaired from alcohol. As mentioned by others here + Grandpa bragging he did this before at Hockey Games. He was just being his own tormenting self, loves to hear others scream. No mal-intent intended, just his usual 'playful' (?) Self. Quite common behavior for some. (Tossing kids around). Playful (?), Not for all involved.

RCI has to deal with all types, tough business, and very hard on the many who witnessed this negligence, while destined for a good time. Life happens, there are consequences for each of our actions. Often to the innocent among us.

Old 12-20-2019, 04:04 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Careless and poor judgement, Grandpa was likely not impaired from alcohol. As mentioned by others here + Grandpa bragging he did this before at Hockey Games. He was just being his own tormenting self, loves to hear others scream. No mal-intent intended, just his usual 'playful' (?) Self. Quite common behavior for some. (Tossing kids around). Playful (?), Not for all involved.
I guess you know him better than his own stepdaughter and coworkers.

Old 12-20-2019, 04:22 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,391,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
It looks like he throws her over immediately. That was my first thought. But from the other angle it looks like he is holding her for those 30 seconds. When the other guests finally realize something happened, he had dropped her just seconds before and not 30 seconds before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Watch this again. At the 40-41 second mark, you see him pick her up and lift her high, and it looks as if he's shooting a basket with her as the ball.

That's not what's happening, though. He's apparently lifting her up and putting her on a rail or something that we can't see
Okay. After he picks the kid up that evidently is when he's holding her. I thought she was already gone. He did say he stood there a while stunned. So I'm back to an unfortunate incident, his fault entirely. Owning that may be his only reasonable course.

Is that a bar back there? They said they were in a kid's play area, but they walked into a seating area with a drinks bar? Hardly an open window in a kids' play area as they tried to make it sound like.

ETA: someone mentioned this and it seemed damning to me yesterday when I saw the video for the 1st time and that is, before he lifts her up he appears to lean forward, looks as if he's leaning out the window but am guessing that's misleading because of the angle and poor video quality. Still. If it was intentional that's the moment that shows it.

Last edited by bjh; 12-20-2019 at 04:57 PM.. Reason: it does appear that he leans forward to look out before lifting the kid up

Old 12-20-2019, 04:45 PM

7,114 posts, read 4,536,107 times
I have been on that ship and there are 2 bars up there. When people board at least one up there is open. Often your room is not ready so people eat at the buffet or go to the bar and sit outside. Lots of seating on that deck.

Old 12-20-2019, 05:33 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,722 posts, read 58,054,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I guess you know him better than his own stepdaughter and coworkers.
As does anyone without a pony in this show.

Evidence is very convincing, But we didn't need the evidence or video.

First responses / primary reporting / first description of the incident were very clear in grandpa's behavior patterns. The evidence only supports our early understanding. This is not the work of a rich and evil corporation trying to ruin everyone's day. There was no blatant negligence / liability from RCI.

Operator (passenger) error.

Really not worth the time spent already.

More time wasted will only erode grandpa's defense.

He muffed up, we all do.
Human error.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events