Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2019, 11:01 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,882,281 times

Advertisements

Here is rather odd footage from a show in PR that shows the footage from the rear camera as well as the side.

Horrible and heartbreaking.

https://www.crimeonline.com/2019/12/...-to-her-death/
The site also publishes the civil lawsuit filed.

Old 12-18-2019, 11:27 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,882,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye66 View Post
Here is rather odd footage from a show in PR that shows the footage from the rear camera as well as the side.

Horrible and heartbreaking.

https://www.crimeonline.com/2019/12/...-to-her-death/
The site also publishes the civil lawsuit filed.
At approx 6:20 from the rear camera it's clear that she is leaned well over the edge right before the fall.

Puerto Rico Attorney General Dennise N. Longo Quiñones said in a statement that her office is unaware of how the outlet obtained the video.
"A careful review of said video confirms, however that Salvatore Anello is guilty of negligent homicide as charged," the statement reads. "The evidence collected in this case corroborates his criminal responsibility. We hope and expect Chloe’s family fully cooperates with our proceedings and that justice prevails in this case with conviction.”

Last edited by Sockeye66; 12-18-2019 at 11:35 PM..

Old 12-19-2019, 12:16 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,279,234 times
Hmmm sounds like the grandpa tried to re-enact that famous TITANIC scene. Baby fall down? I'd give him a couple of years in prison to think about it.

Old 12-19-2019, 01:23 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,670,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
In your opinion, is there a case to be made that this was deliberate, and not just negligent?
I don't think so. I don't imagine the GP wanted to kill the child.

Old 12-19-2019, 05:26 AM

15,420 posts, read 9,078,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
In your opinion, is there a case to be made that this was deliberate, and not just negligent?
I can't tell. But either way, his behavior was bizarre. I'm leaning towards mental issues.

Old 12-19-2019, 05:48 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
I don't think so. I don't imagine the GP wanted to kill the child.
How do you know??? We'll never know his thought process.

Old 12-19-2019, 06:03 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
This family is a piece of work. He won’t take the deal because he didn’t know the window was open, he’s colorblind, he didn’t do anything wrong... the charges aren’t for homicide. They’re for negligent homicide. And he was negligent in his actions. A colorblind person (assuming that’s actually relevant here) needs to take extra care to compensate for their deficiency. You don’t get to just negligently kill toddlers because you’re colorblind. It’s not an excuse, you have to be extra careful to ensure you and the toddler are safe, knowing you’re colorblind.

He is completely trying to shift blame when no one else possibly could be at blame here.

And if I am seeing the video properly, Chloe was apparently sitting there before being dropped for a good amount of time. It wasn’t an instant thing. There’s no way this dude really didn’t know the window was open.

Old 12-19-2019, 09:11 AM

129 posts, read 82,446 times
Wow. I just watched both of these videos at work and actually barked out a "Holy $#!&" when I saw the first one. It really looks like he just picked her up and tossed her right out the window! Since I first heard about this and read the initial articles, I never believed the ship was at fault. But I didn't really believe Gramps should be charged with anything criminal. And the family definitely should not get a penny from the ship, the employees, or the Easter Bunny. But now after watching both videos I can absolutely see why Grandpa is being charged. He claims he didn't know the window was open, but it appears he was leaning waaaayyyy out of the window. His BS defenses make zero sense when you see the videos.

Old 12-19-2019, 09:28 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnBBQ View Post
Wow. I just watched both of these videos at work and actually barked out a "Holy $#!&" when I saw the first one. It really looks like he just picked her up and tossed her right out the window! Since I first heard about this and read the initial articles, I never believed the ship was at fault. But I didn't really believe Gramps should be charged with anything criminal. And the family definitely should not get a penny from the ship, the employees, or the Easter Bunny. But now after watching both videos I can absolutely see why Grandpa is being charged. He claims he didn't know the window was open, but it appears he was leaning waaaayyyy out of the window. His BS defenses make zero sense when you see the videos.
Can you post a link to the second video you watched? The only one I've seen is this one, and it's very difficult to see what's going on.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ip-window.html

Old 12-19-2019, 09:49 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,871,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Can you post a link to the second video you watched? The only one I've seen is this one, and it's very difficult to see what's going on.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ip-window.html
The 2ND video link is posted in post #1161, from the angle behind. The La Comay show (which was a lady host with a puppet head? Weird)... you see the moment where she goes down. Very sad.

The "idk the window was open" doesn't fly now that we see the videos. The family is very mad that it's publicly released because they wanted to protect their other child from ever seeing this. I don't know what they expected, they had kept insisting it's the ship's fault that the child ever fell and hinting at the lawsuit from the beginning. It was always going to be a mess given how bizarre the situation is. I had read somewhere that Angelo has a step daughter that is a prosecutor... I can only hope she gives the family and him better legal advice than that lawyer. He's totally slimy and making this worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events