Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2019, 12:58 PM

8,481 posts, read 6,886,522 times

Advertisements

And what a convenient psychological out this is for the parents and grandpa. They were all negligent in some way shape or fashion for this tragedy. File suit and blame it all on the evil cruise company. Give us some money and for the rest of our lives we can transfer our guilt onto Royal Caribbean.

Old 11-26-2019, 01:03 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,880,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Regardless of which is stronger, the cruise ship windows or the hockey puck glass, can we all agree there is no way a toddler slapping at either will damage them?
Slapping "glass" at a hockey match, no issue. Slapping any random sheet of glass a toddler comes to? I have issue. Plus, from the last story posted it changed from the weak "slapping glass" story to a more believable. but still irrelevant. "better view" defense.

Old 11-26-2019, 01:15 PM

2,020 posts, read 1,123,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
That part I was totally confused? WHAT?!?!? He said he was looking on the floor for her and then saw her dropping - was he not looking, how do you miss a child from your vision if you were watching her? And, he refused a breathalyzer - why? I thought he didn't drink so what is there to be afraid of?
His attorney admitted that GrandPa let go of the baby prior to her falling to her death.

Every time the attorney speaks, I get even more upset about what happened to the baby. The family's refusal to accept that GrandPa's poor decisions led to this tragedy and move forward with their grief is infuriating.

Why did he refuse the breathalyzer? I would think it would be mandatory in a situation where a death occurred.

Agree with the previous poster that cruiselines make it quite clear not to sit on railings. I have no idea where the attorney is getting that RCCL is remiss in warning of the dangers of such behaviors.

Old 11-26-2019, 01:25 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGWS View Post
I have no idea where the attorney is getting that RCCL is remiss in warning of the dangers of such behaviors.
It's getting ridiculous. "Your honor, the cruise line may have added signage in five languages and as pictograms, but they callously disregarded my client, as he only reads Assyrian cuneiform."

Old 11-26-2019, 01:34 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
That part I was totally confused? WHAT?!?!? He said he was looking on the floor for her and then saw her dropping - was he not looking, how do you miss a child from your vision if you were watching her? And, he refused a breathalyzer - why? I thought he didn't drink so what is there to be afraid of?
Do you have a mainstream media source for that?

The only place I found that was some anonymous poster commenting under a trendspot article, "is it true he refused a breathalizer"?

Old 11-26-2019, 01:35 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Carnival's got their hands full with people falling to their deaths.

Brian Rice, fell off a 9th story balcony Nov. 16 in what the medical examiner ruled "an accidental death, not a suicide".

It's noted he's the father of twin boys and was celebrating a wedding anniversary.

No info on the particulars.

https://www.wthr.com/article/second-...hip-death-year

Last edited by ClaraC; 11-26-2019 at 01:46 PM..

Old 11-26-2019, 01:45 PM

924 posts, read 1,676,803 times
From all the reports I'd heard so far, I thought this happened fairly quickly. I thought he picked her up, set her on the rail, and then she was gone, but actually, he held her at the rail for approximately 25 seconds. https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...li4-story.html

That's an awfully long time to not notice a window, especially one that high up, is open.

Old 11-26-2019, 01:46 PM

2,020 posts, read 1,123,579 times
Quote:
Do you have a mainstream media source for that?

The only place I found that was some anonymous poster commenting under a trendspot article, "is it true he refused a breathalizer"?
GrandPa's SeaPass account would indicate whether or not he purchased any alcoholic drinks prior to the tragedy.

Old 11-26-2019, 01:48 PM

924 posts, read 1,676,803 times
Quote:
Carnival's got their hands full with people falling to their deaths.

Brian Rice, fell off a 9th story balcony Nov. 16 in what the medical examiner ruled "an accidental death, not a suicide".

It's noted he's the father of twin boys and was celebrating a wedding anniversary.

No info on the particulars.

https://www.wthr.com/article/second-...hip-death-year
Freedom of the Seas is not Carnival, it's Royal Caribbean.

Old 11-26-2019, 01:49 PM

14,302 posts, read 11,692,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonmam View Post
From all the reports I'd heard so far, I thought this happened fairly quickly. I thought he picked her up, set her on the rail, and then she was gone, but actually, he held her at the rail for approximately 25 seconds. https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...li4-story.html

That's an awfully long time to not notice a window, especially one that high up, is open.
And it also means he didn't lift her up for the purpose of "banging on the glass" (which always sounded implausible anyway; she could have banged on the glass while standing on the ground). Why would he have lifted her up so she could bang, and then kept her waiting half a minute?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events