Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 12:36 AM

91 posts, read 31,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkool View Post
This does NOT happen at all of the venues you mention, or "anywhere crowds congregate." Let's be frank. These incidents generally involve certain groups of people. Where I live there have been entire festivals permanently discontinued, many more cops at State Fair, no more midway at Summerfest, park basketball courts dismantled, and even Greek Fest had to relocate from their church grounds to State Fair park to get away from the problems with people from some nearby sketchy neighborhoods. There is a common denominator in all these instances.

Get out of the big "diverse" cities, and various large events and crowded venues, even with alcohol flowing, have little to no problems. Strange.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, mister. What exactly are you implying? Here you are, casually dropping the "D" word and talking about "common denominator"... Don't you know that Diversity Is Our Greatest Strength? Surely you're not suggesting this might have anything to do with race. What, are you looking to get yourself banned from here?

Old 07-10-2019, 01:33 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times
I hope they go to jail! All the other people who paid those really high admission prices should not be subjected to this show of violence. Idiots like this spoil it for everyone else and probably traumatize little kids who have to see it. They are there to relax and have fun and there stupid people have no right to disturb the fun atmosphere that people expect. Yes, I hope they are investigated to see what is wrong with them and that they do not get off free for flaunting this outrageous behavior.

Old 07-10-2019, 01:50 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times
I just looked it up and the idiots are being investigated.

They should all be banned from any family park and maybe the kids should be taken away from them. No child should have to witness violence. At least one of the men should go to jail. It's wrong on so many levels. BTW, this was CA--it's not hot there, is it? This wasn't FL where someone might say the terrible heat helped cause the violent brawl. There's no excuse.

Old 07-10-2019, 08:04 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,208,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
To close, if I was Disney Security, I would have taken my time coming out, too. Those security guys didn't look too big and they weren't armed. I wasn't getting beat down/injured trying to break up such a disgrace during the highest heat of the moment.

This. In addition to making peanuts, the security guards are probably "handcuffed" in what they can physically do. Sometimes the only way to control such a scene is to impose your will with overwhelming force, and the guards were likely neither equipped nor allowed to use such force. If a couple of guards had put that big guy face down on the ground, they would have been protested by minority activist leaders, accused of racism, and sued along with Disneyland for millions.

Old 07-10-2019, 08:18 AM

17,340 posts, read 11,266,024 times
Security is probably spread thin throughout the park. It would not have been very wise to send one guy out there by himself. They probably scrambled to get a number of security people together and then intervene. Just because you work security, it doesn't mean you want to be a sacrificial lamb.

Old 07-10-2019, 08:43 AM

2,869 posts, read 1,148,568 times
In the interest of self-preservation, if I would encounter a situation like this, I would keep moving on until I found a security guard, or ducked into a venue (restaurant, gift shop) and reported the incident, so they could alert security. The guy filming this melee took a risk that, in this day and age, could have resulted in serious injury to him.

Not too long ago, a similar incident happened at DIA, which DH witnessed. A guy was knocked out cold by a couple of thugs. Some moron was there, recording the whole incident on his phone. The thugs could have turned on him and beat him senseless as well before the airport police arrived. It was a terrifying scene.

Unfortunately, in this day and age, caution and awareness of your surroundings is paramount.

Old 07-10-2019, 08:55 AM

35,016 posts, read 16,978,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
This. In addition to making peanuts, the security guards are probably "handcuffed" in what they can physically do. Sometimes the only way to control such a scene is to impose your will with overwhelming force, and the guards were likely neither equipped nor allowed to use such force. If a couple of guards had put that big guy face down on the ground, they would have been protested by minority activist leaders, accused of racism, and sued along with Disneyland for millions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Security is probably spread thin throughout the park. It would not have been very wise to send one guy out there by himself. They probably scrambled to get a number of security people together and then intervene. Just because you work security, it doesn't mean you want to be a sacrificial lamb.
As an attorney, I represented security companies. Security companies' function is to maintain a presence. In most cases the actual work, such as making arrests, would still have to be done by police officers. At least that is my understanding.

Last edited by toosie; 07-10-2019 at 06:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events